UPisode 2

apple.com/trailers/disney/up/

This one’s hilarious. The expressions on Carl throughout are just so funny. By the way, you can hear some music from the Up game demo during the clip.

Puh-ha!! That was great. :laughing:

I also recognized the music from the game. I was wondering what moment it played at in the film itself.

Thanks for uploading this! :smiley:

– Mitch

LAWL. And wow, what pretty landscapes at the end!

I’m loving the new UPisodes, theyre just so funny!
This one doens’t dissapoint. I love how Russell gasps, and then says [spoil]I have one of those[/spoil]!

I love how [spoil]he’s carefully reading the directions for a BANDAID.[/spoil]

Ha ha! Wilderness Ranger band-aids!

That was actually so cool. Carl [spoil]watching a plaster as it flies through the air[/spoil] is so much funnier than it ought to be. And I keep thinking, ‘Professor Utonium!’ every time I hear the guy that does those voice overs. I wonder if it’s the same person? :laughing:

I like this UPisode even better than the first - just too funny! :laughing:

I LOVE that part - I love how they really capture the eagerness in his face throughout. They are JUST so good at facial expressions. And I love when Carl says [spoil]“Better hurry Russell. Time is healing this wound.”[/spoil] HAHA

Better hurry, time’s healing the wound!

Great line, Carl doesn’t disappoint! I also like how he pulls the bandaid of on two instead of three. Classic parenting.

Amazing scene! Loved watching it. Russell is so funny and tries so hard to be the best wilderness ranger. Carl is great too. Super excited for May!

Another interesting vignette! :smiley:

[spoil]I wonder why Russell thought Carl had a snake bite even though Carl told him it was just a scrape. Maybe he has an overactive imagination.

I loved how Carl’s eyes go wide and he groans as he listens to Russell reads the band-aid instructions.

The part where he arches his eyebrows after he watches the flying band-aid is also great animation!

When Russell fails to get the band-aids off his fingers, it reminded me of Wall-E trying to dispose of the magnet in one of the vignettes.

The “Time is healing this wound” quote was brilliant!

And like carlfredricksen said, the fact that he ripped the band-aid off prematurely was hilarious! Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. :laughing:

The table plateau surrounded by jungle end-shot reminded me of the cliff Dash fell off in the 100-Mile Dash in Incredibles. Also, I bet most of the jungle assets were reused from Nomanisan Island. :wink: [/spoil]

Another winner. Looking forward to more Upisodes!

Ha! I didn’t think of that. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those sets were recycled.

– Mitch

They probably recycled some stuff, but maybe retooled it to fit the different visual style.

agreed, Pixar is smart enough to use what they can, but change it dramatically for stylistic differences. the level of detail in the jungle scenes are extraordinary… can’t wait to see it in 3D

I second that agreement. If it was recycled, it had to have been retooled.

The improvement in rendering scenes and characters definitely shows through for Pixar, and it’s interesting to see how far they’ve come technologically. An example of this is Dug’s fur, which is significantly more lifelike and impressive than that of Scud’s hair in the first Toy Story film.

– Mitch

Is there any other way to watch this besides Apple?!!

Here you go.
traileraddict.com/clip/up/upisode-first-aid

Thanks! :unamused: :laughing:

That was pretty funny! The best Upisode yet! :stuck_out_tongue: