Up Running Time

Is the reported running time of Up- 87 minutes, inclusive of credits?

No, it’s 87 minutes without credits.

87 is a little short IMO. Wished they had it more of an epic length like Rat or Cars, especially since it’s an adventure film (then again, most Pixar films are “adventure journey” films).

Is this really confirmed? 87 minutes? I expected it to be longer.

That’s basicall-e equal to WALL-E which was 95 with credits… am I correct?

Well, for the 95 minutes, did that also the short before the movie?

I don’t believe that includes the short…

It’s short.

87 minutes. Really intense, I suppose.

Up is 96 minutes including credits, but not the short. For full details, including Partly Cloudy’s running time, see here: onemoviefiveviews.blogspot.com/2 … unced.html

One Movie, Five Views - Thanks for the information! :slight_smile:

Four to five years of pre-production, production, and post-production… for a film that only lasts ninety-six minutes. Definite proof that it’s difficult to shell out a solid story-line, for the wait has to be worth it. Good to know that Pixar never fails to deliver…

– Mitch

wow Mitch, I never really thought of it that way! :laughing: It definitely pays off though!

Almost 90% of animated features made from 1937 until today are shorter than 90 minutes. Most Disney features are about 85 minutes. And they all take about 3/4 years (and more) to make.

The Incredibles was a bit longer, but felt like it needed to be. Cars was too long, and would have been better about 15 minutes shorter. Ratatouille was a bit too long as well. Love these films, though!

I like when a film leaves me wanting more. And I’m a fan of great long movies (the uncut versions of Fanny and Alexander and the original Das Boot, anyone? Both about 6 hours long, and worth every minute).

87 minutes seems so short, especially after movies like Cars and the Incredibles which where close to 2 hours. But 87 minutes is about an hour and half which has been the average for animated movies.

87 minutes does seem so short and I’m sure it’ll feel like a lot less when I watch the movie (because good movies always seem to go by so fast) but I guess we also have to remember that it won’t just be adults watching the movie - I’m sure the movie appeals to little kids as well and I feel like anything longer than 90 minutes won’t keep them interested, no matter how good the story turns out to be. Although, Mitch - So true - 4 to 5 years of hard work all boiled down to 96 minutes does seem a little unjust…I guess proof that Pixar wants nothing but perfection!

I think 87 is better…they have had their latest movies up around 2 hours and that is too long for my younger siblings to watch (bedtimes).

if Pixar can keep the great stories flowing and adventure rolling in only 87 minutes then let them do so. All the better!!

woody and CoCoMeister - I know. It’s a bit depressing, but worth it in the long run. I’m just thankful that Pixar exists, period. :wink:

Das Boot was fantastic

– Mitch