Predict Up's worldwide gross!

How much will Up gross worldwide?
My money’s on 700 million $. And yours?

Dr. Evil pose One million dollars. Mua-ha-ha-ha!

I’d be happy with anything over 500 million, though.

Worldwide: $200-300 million.

This movie seems like a risky move. It seems like most people would think it’s “weird”.

I agree with Bryko614 in that people might think that Up is a pretty strange movie, but the comedy will hopefully make it more appealing. $500-$600 million would be quite nice.

I have a feeling it will catch on through word of mouth, especially internationally. This is really premature, but here are my predictions.
Domestic: $200 million +
Worldwide: 500-600 million
But you never know, it could make a little more, or a little less, but I’d bet on the above.

I thought Ratatouille whould be weirdo Too, but it ended up being receiving a pretty good gross. I would say about $600 million world wide. $200 domestic. :wink:

I thnk it’ll be about 550 million or more. Domestic: 200 million + International: 350 million + :smiley: . I’m sure it’ll be good. :sunglasses: :blush:

I’d say Domestic (Huh, I’m not even in the US!), $300 million. $550 million international. After the runaway critical and commercial success of Wall-E, I’d say more people have been exposed to the Pixar brand and are hoping it will be as good. Probably appeal to the senior, Asian and uh… dog and exotic bird owner demographic too? :slight_smile:

“How about… one billion dollars! Muh! Muh! Muahahahah!” :laughing:

Aw, you gotta think positive, Bryko! Pixar has always been “weird” and yet suckers keep lining up to see their movies! :wink:

I agree with most posters, but I’d put the minimum at WALL-E total gross, and peak at Finding Nemo. The humor will really drive this one, I think. It has a real chance to be big, but the other thing is it’s competition this summer. Who really knows… it’s gonna be a ton of money!

It’s going to make Pirates money … ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

No, but, really, it’ll probably roll into the 300-400 mil range.

8D

Why not just make it… 100 billion dollars? Mua-ha-ha-ha! :smiling_imp:

And to think that’s just a small portion of federal bailout money! Crazy!

I’ll be realistic and say…a nice respectable 250 million.

Prove me wrong world! (That doesn’t mean make less than the above amount…)

Good grief! It’ll certainly top 250 million dollars worldwide!

Told you!
700 million dollars! That’s what it looks like! :smiley:

Go Pixar, go! :smiley: I’m so happy it’s been doing really well. It deserves it

Oh, I missed this post earlier this year. After 5-6 weeks of release here in the U.S. and Latin America and Russia there was a great deal of info to make an accurate prediction. $700M was a very good guess. I guessed it would rake in $292M and then updated it to $294M for the U.S after 5-6 weeks into release. Now Wall-E made $224M domestically. I figured initially that Up was doing 27.5% better than Wall-E, but in fact it is ending around 31%. Wall-E’s final global was $535M (with about $311M overseas). Ok, so add 31% to Wall-E’s global, and thats $700.9M!! My estimate a few weeks after release was a minimum of $650M, but prob $700, and $698M to be exact. It’s just crossed over the $650M mark this past week and still has Japan to go, along with the residual for Britain, Italy and about half the countries of Europe.

Disney said it will beat the Rat overseas, which is at $415M, Up is now over $350M overseas…

So unless something weird happens in Japan, it looks like Up will finish around $720M. The very strong performance in Britain is making this difference!!