Premiere Date and Place Named...

This has recently popped up on the BBC Website…
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7952692.stm[/url]

Now that sounds interesting… Real Interesting… Cannes Lauch and the film to open the festival itself… Sounds impressive for a “kids” film…
Confirmation of the Dates we already know also popped up in the report…

And the fact that

Now if it doesn’t recieve nomination for the Palme d’Or there’ll be no outcry from me personally, Just to Open the Festival is a feather in the cap of the Movie!

Wow, that’s the way to showcase a film! That’s cool that it’s the first animated movie to launch the Cannes Film Festival- I agree, Captain Pan, it does make Up sound like it’s going to be a lot more than a film for kids (as all of Pixar’s films are!)

Thanks for telling us about this.

Here is the link to the official press release: festival-cannes.com/en/article/56280.html

As a Pixar fan, I’m very proud that Cannes decided to run Up as their opening film. Congratulations to Pete Docter and co.!

What an honour! Congratulations to Pixar. :smiley:

I was on vacay for awhile so just catching up on all the Pixar news…and wow, what an awesome piece of news to come back to!! I read another article on THR, and you guys are right, the organizers thought the movie was definitely special enough to open the entire festival:

Also interesting to hear about the release dates - they timed its international release with individual country’s school holidays. So I guess it will be still be billed as a family film :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to hear what Pixar has planned for Opening Night!

Isn’t the Emery Ed one technically the premiere?