Inside Up featurettes

Since there’s obviously going to be more of these, I figured I’d make a thread.

INSIDE UP: Pixar’s First 3D Movie: youtube.com/watch?v=McxtPAhYuDQ
INSIDE UP: Discovering a Lost World: movies.ign.com/dor/objects/92614 … g13gbj348l
INSIDE UP: Unlikely Heroes: vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … D=55920999
INSIDE UP: Undiscovered Species:
disney.go.com/index

I think these are great. They really show the thought being put into the movie.

They make me so much more excited for May 29! :smiley:

I think we know now that the people at pixar only make these movies as an excuse to go on holidays all over the world :laughing:

Still, can’t say i blame them.

I don’t know if you would call trekking through South American a vacation… :laughing:

AWESOME! Everything is going to be great for this movie, and I’m super excited its in 3D! The inside look at Disney gives so many great snippets, I can’t wait!

Now there’s an HD version of the 3D featurette.

youtube.com/watch?v=McxtPAhYuDQ

I noticed a couple of things:
[spoil]Dogs fly the airplanes. :laughing:

If you look at about 0:44 in the video, you can see some concept art which looks like it’s from this film. What’s the picture at the top-left?

At 1:08, Dug is unconsious, and Carl and another dog is pulling him and the house. [/spoil]

The Discovering a Lost World was awesome!!! as was the interview with Pete Docter at the same IGN site.

Amazing!

There’s a new featurette on the front page of Myspace. You can watch it at:

vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … D=55920999

Updated with two more links.

Oh my gawsh! I love the Kevin featurette! It’s so… awesooome! I’m hyperventilating! Does someone have a giant paper bag? :laughing: Loveitloveitloveitloveitloveit! Where do I start?

I think Kevin’s gonna be my favourite character! Sorry Carl. She’s so quirky, goofy, and all-round bird-brained! I love how she just devours everything in sight. And the way she coughs! So freakin’ funny!

Man, this is so cool! And Pete Docter look sharp in that tie and shirt!

I think Dug may have a thing for Kevin… uh-oh! We have a ‘love triangle’ here! :stuck_out_tongue:

I love this quote:

Docter’s deadpan voice
“So the next obstacle that Carl face is… this bird.”
Cue dramatic music

Bwahahah! Man, they really pay attention to bird behaviour! And new clips!

Did anyone notice the Pixarians didn’t refer to her gender? Docter almost let it slip at one point “You just never know what-sit gonna do next?” Maybe they meant to keep it under wraps as a surprise… :wink:

Gaaah! I’m so HAPPY! :smiley:

Sorry, was that too loud? Curse you, Pixar. You’ve dunnit again!

HA HA HA! I like Kevin too! When she swallowed the balloon then it deflated, that was hilarious. I think she’ll be my favourite character in the movie. And she’s so colourful.

Kevin has grown on me through all of these featurettes. At first she sort of seemed like a stiff, but I can imagine a lot of humor coming from her.

I know this may sound weird, but there seems to be an OVER abundance of very hilarious characters in this movie, I hope Carl still owns it!

Here’s the latest one:

Inside Up: Dug the Talking Dog

Credit goes to Trailer Addict and Upcoming Pixar for the information.

To reiterate what I stated on Upcoming Pixar

"I love how strict the policy of “attention to detail” is exercised at the studio. Although I’ve never owned a dog, it’s easy and fun to pin-point the various canine-like mannerisms that were incorporated into Dug’s personality — it makes him all the more believable and amusing as a character.

The action sequences are absolutely gorgeous, by the way. Heh. Poor Russell is swinging all over the place. I want to see this film, dang it."

– Mitch

i think dug is going to be my 2nd favorite character

Thanks for the heads-up Mitch!
Spoilers are only those that can be discerned from the “Dug the Talking Dog” clip itself, so if you’ve watched it, it’s safe to read it.
I love how they did a talking dog “Pixar-style”! I’ve never seen a talking collar done before to my knowledge…
[spoil]“May I take your bird back to camp as prisoner?” Was that foreshadowing?[/spoil]
Dug is so naive and earnest!
“[spoil]Oh boy! A ball! I will get it and bring it back!”
“I have just met you… and I love you!”
“No, my pack is not following us! Boy, they are dumb![/spoil]” :smiley:
Bob Peterson is Dug? :open_mouth: And Mr Ray and Rozz? Rozz is hilarious! “Haaah… haaah… haaaahhh…” :laughing:
I like [spoil]Dug’s determined look at 2:23.[/spoil] What’s with the [spoil]Elizabethan collar?[/spoil]
More action shots, some nice sequences, [spoil]Carl looking determined and holding some ropes “Action-Hero” style, Russell being knocked against the sides of cliff walls…[/spoil] This looks pretty cool. Sounds like an Indiana Jones film with the exotic locations, quirky natives, and the eponymous baddie on the good guy’s heels. The only thing missing is the treasure… I wonder what Carl’s purpose to the Amazons is besides [spoil]fulfilling his departed wife’s dream[/spoil]? They’re obviously searching for something, I don’t think they’ll wander around for 1 1/2 hours. :slight_smile:

thedriveintheatre, I’ve actually seen a talking dog collar concept in a film before… I think it was in “Honey, I Blew Up the Kid”.

Here’s an interesting featurette I found on Youtube…it’s sort of a mish-mosh of all the featurettes, though it includes a whole new thing about Muntz and his dogs, and some new shots of Carl.

youtube.com/watch?v=536cnVVE78E