UPisode #3: Snipe Trap

Here’s a new clip of Russell setting the bait for a ‘Snipe Trap’.

Upisode #3: Snipe Trap

"Thanks again for saving my life, Mr Fredricksen! 8D

If you watch closely at 00:15, [spoil]Carl actually breaks the fourth wall to groan at the viewer![/spoil]

Makes me wonder whether these scenes actually take place in the movie or are they random vignettes like the Wall-E promos.

XD That was funny! Yeah, I wonder if this is really part of the film or not.

Now we know how Russell got his plump physique! From what I can guess, those vignettes take place within the movie’s environment with the same characters, but what happens in the film will be slightly different, if at all. The camera seems too static to be footage from the actual film, though. It always slightly creeps me out when characters break the fourth wall and address the audience, for some reason. Thanks for the heads-up, thedriveintheatre!

I don’t think they’re from the film. They take up a lot of time, and if you listen, Russell’s voice isn’t spot on with the rest of his voice clips.

Thanks for uploading this clip, thedriveintheatre! :smiley:

Perhaps it’s just me, but I do like it when the fourth wall is penetrated – it makes the characters and the film they’re in seem all the more tangible, in my opinion.

Carl’s expressions are great; it’s the subtlety of them that further exposes his inner personality and outlook on life. As for Russell, I’m loving him more and more with each passing clip – I whipped out a piece of paper last night and started drawing him because the cuteness was just overpowering… (heh)

Concerning whether or not these “Upisodes” take place within the film, from what I heard… they’re simply vignette-type videos. (I believe that it was martini who said that they probably won’t be in the actual movie, but don’t quote me on that.)

Ha! Yeah. Don’t know why I never made the connection before, what with the “Meet Kevin” clip and all. I didn’t consider that Russell might be a chocoholic. (snigger)

– Mitch

Hmm, not sure whether to watch this or not, as the film’s release is so far away and I’d really rather not spoil myself too much. Does this UPisode reveal much about the general story of Up, or is it quite focused on a particular thing like the other ones were? If they don’t take place within the film, then I might be tempted…:laughing:

lizardgirl - What with the way the clip is edited, it probably doesn’t take place within the actual film. And, yep, it focuses on one particular thing. The only spoiler-related bit of the video that I can think of is one that highlights a certain… obsession of Russell’s. :wink:

– Mitch

Mitch- I just watched it- I couldn’t resist! :laughing:

It was pretty sweet! Russell just had to keep doing it, didn’t he? Though I can’t decide whether [spoil]Carl breaks the fourth wall or not…I guess since he’s looking directly at the audience, he is, but I’m not sure, I just don’t get the feeling that the groan was aimed at the audience as such. And I’m starting to realise just how physically fit Carl is, considering his age![/spoil]

Thanks for the link, thedriveintheatre! :smiley:

Heh, nice. I especially love how Carl’s dentures fall out at the end. XD

Thanks for the update, Thedriveintheatre!

Ha! Funny. Seriously, what creature on earth can resist the lure of chocolate? :wink:

Great clip… and I agree with the other opinions, it’s not from the movie itself.

I’m beginning to like Carl more and more from these clips.

haha

poor Russel!

Atleast he knows his trap works! :smiley:

Ha! The lure of it was too overpowering (no pun intended)…

I’ve thought the same thing after watching these Up clips over and over. He definitely fairs pretty well for his age. :smiley:

– Mitch

“It looks so chocolate-yyyyyyy!”

Hahaha, oh that Russell :laughing:

Hmm…you guys are right, perhaps not part of the movie - they can’t give it all away with these clips, they’re just separate “adventures” that Carl & Russell get into that help us understand their characters & their dynamic as well as whet our appetite for the movie!

IT’S A TRAP! :open_mouth:

Sorry, can’t resist… :slight_smile:

“No animal in the entire universe can resist… chocolate!”

“Maybe if I’m really quick!” “Russell, No!” “Ahhh”

Great quotes from a fun clip.

When I read the decription, I thought it was going to be unoriginal, but of course, I was surprised. I should never doubt Pixar! :slight_smile: