CountDOWN to UP

US release date: May 29, 2009.

[b]47

days until Up releases.[/b]

Up is coming very soon. Every day I’m going to post a little thing about the movie, whether it be a character bio or something, to help people get excited for the movie. If you want to send in a piece, feel free to do so and PM me.

April 10
50 days left

The original press description:
From the Academy Award(R)-nominated team of director Pete Docter
(“Monsters, Inc.”) and co-director Bob Peterson comes “Up,” a comedic
adventure taking off (and lifting spirits) in summer 2009. Carl Fredricksen
spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life
to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a
twist of fate (and a persistent 8-year old Wilderness Explorer named
Russell) gives him a new lease on life. “Up” takes audiences on a thrilling
journey where the unlikely pair encounter wild terrain, unexpected villains
and jungle creatures. When seeking adventure next summer – look “Up.”

Great idea Bryko614!!
50 days seems so short, yet so long!!!

This is a nice idea, Bryko614! I think having a countdown will definitely get everyone more and more excited about Up. :smiley:

And it’s 187 days to the UK release! Doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, but still…:laughing:

Just so I will like Up even better, a week before the movie come’s out I will stop watching TV so it will be even fresher! :stuck_out_tongue: I might miss it though. :cry: :laughing:

AHHHHH

50 days feels like a lifetime!!!

(It doesn’t, I know, but I’ve been trying not to think about it!)

I’m super excited for this one!

I KNOW! I CAN’T WAIT! I feel like a little kid on christmas waiting for santa to come! Gah!!! I wish I had a time machine! I don’t know how longer I can survive without seeing it…

okay a bit melodramatic, but still! I’m so excited!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

minnesota.publicradio.org/collec … _get.shtml

I don’t know if it’s OK to post this here, but I can’t create a new thread. UP is starting its way to the advanced screenings!!! Now without credits yet (and I’m sure no Partly Cloudy either) but still!!! :smiley:

I want more scoop!!! :smiley:

Back in the days of Cars, I remember how the marketing campaign was much more aggressive. Tons and tons of news and clips and posters and character one pieces. They even had the countdown twelve weeks before the premiere. Now it seems subdued, I’ve seen less and less promotion each film since Ratatouille.

Those viewers are incredibly lucky to get it early! I know I’ll be seeing it multiple times so seeing it early would be awesome, even without Partly Cloudy or the credits.

This strikes me as incredibly funny. I would’ve loved to see this. Secret Agent Pixar FTW.

Gah, I am so so SO excited for this film. I daresay it might top my list of favorites. We’ll just have to wait and see!

Really? Here in LA there are Up promotions everywhere! :laughing:

lemme start by expressing how ridiculously hard it is to sign up for an account on this forum

that anti bot thing is way wack and needs to be replaced ASAP I spent like 10 minutes just trying to answer correctly

but in other news 5 days for me!

theres supposed to be an early screening here in houston next thursday

its not confirmed but a very reputable website who does movie screenings all the time is advertising it saying passes will be available sometime during the week

I will let yall houstonians know any updates because im sure yall are dieing to see it just like myself

54 days until the Aussie release. Not as bad as UK. I feel for you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I am willing to pay any premium/extra for any advance screening tickets! Up looks quite promising. Will be rummaging through the web daily to check if there’s any offers :slight_smile:

I’m glad that the Aussie release is only about 1 week behind the US release.

(EDIT: Dang you TV. Have to distract me, and I originally typed 2 weeks. I hate typos!)

Edited for language. – Mitch

Unlike previous years, there’s actually only 5 days difference between the US and Australian release date. 4 days if you take into account the time zone difference. Woo! Usually Greater Union has an advance screening - last year it was to raise money for a charity. Hopefully they’ll do the same this year. If they do, I’ll post about it to let the other Aussie peeps know of any screenings down under.

I can’t wait for Up! I’m totally going to see it opening weekend! 50 days to go! Woo!

robertrulez: Sigh…I wish places around here did early screenings. Is there some non-disclosure agreement about spoilers or something? :laughing:

April 11
49 days left

Inspiration for the film:
The first idea that sparked the film was the concept of escaping the world. Pete Docter saw that sometimes he just wanted to leave the busy reality around him; this is reflected in the film as Carl flies off to the remote land of Venezuela. Later, Docter drew a grumpy old man holding balloons with smiley faces on them. He saw this as a great contrast and a source for humor, and it stuck with him. Originally, Carl was intended to fly to a deserted island. The writers saw this as generic, as it had been done in countless movies before. They came upon the tepui islands, and flew there for research, where they studied, sketched, and photographed the unsual rocks, mountains, and plants in the area. Russell was added later than the other three leads.

That’s a pretty interesting inspiration. I wonder how far they would get with the deserted island plot. Probly have to rewrite it… Plus now that I’ve learned more about the UP story, I’ve realized that it’s alot like a novel I’m writing. :-\ I started writing before I even heard about UP! Small world.

Ooohh myyy gooossshhh!!!

Grrrrrrr!

My mother doesn’t want to take me to see up when it comes out! She says, “Lets wait for it to come on DVD!”

Gah!!! I am so pissed!

NO!

Edited for shouting. – Mitch

Can’t you perhaps go by yourself, or with some friends, HelloDolly114? I plan on seeing Up probably 2 or 3 times, and since I know that my friends will only come along once, and my mother probably won’t want to see it at all, that I’ll end up going to see it by myself. It isn’t so bad going to the cinema alone- it means you’ve got no-one to distract you with popcorn and sweets and the like when you’re watching the film! :laughing:

hmm maybe I can force one of my friends to go with me! I’ll deffinately pay for it, I want to see it so bad! I’d pay a million dollars (if i HAD a milion dollars…LOL) to see it!

My friends normally aren’t so keen on seeing pixar movies though…

how old are you dolly?