Muntz and all the other up characters

Lets talk about this character for a moment because i am wondering, is muntz a bad guy? and who made dugs collar? or what about are those mean dogs, what do they have to do in this story? and is there a reason why carl is a ballon man? and do you think we will see russles parents in the movie? and why is the name kevin[boys name] a femal bird?

These are the questions i have on the characters. Do you have any?

Sounds like somebody is really really really wanting spoilers…

… I wish I could share some!

I could answer all of those questions, but I want to keep the film a surprise for others. As for Russell’s parents, I always imagined seeing them at the end if they returned to the city, just a little sweet scene where he reunites with them. Who knows.

I’m guessing, but I’d say that it’s probable that Muntz is a bad guy because he does seem to have quite an evil persona in one of the trailers, and he does that villain glarey thing. :laughing: It seems like Muntz owns Dug and the other dogs, and so perhaps he was the one that made the collars? Carl could’ve been a balloon man just because that’s what he wanted his job to be, as though throughout his life he didn’t want to set his sights too high and now regrets it in his old age. I’m assuming Russell’s parents feature at some point, just because it would be too much of a stretch of the imagination for him to effectively disappear for what is probably a considerable length of time without his parents and other family members or friends worrying. And as for Kevin’s name, I always had the idea that Russell named Kevin without actually realising that he’s a she. :laughing:

These are just my ideas, I don’t actually know any of the answers unlike some of the lucky people on this thread.

now i don’t think he is a bad guy because of a pic that i saw somewhere

Do you really want to know the truth?

well duh!
sorry if i was too mean i am just that person who wants to know all about the movie before it comes out

Y’see, there is one thing I wouldn’t mind being spoiled ahead of time…and that is simply…

Is Russell given a last name?

Weird, I know, but since I’ll probably write some fanfics for this movie, I’d like to know if he’s given one.

Castoro Chiaro: I’m pretty sure we don’t know his last name by the end of the movie.

Pixart: [spoil]When they first meet Muntz, he is kind to them and glad to have a visitor to the area. But then he immediately turns evil when he discovers that they have Kevin. (I’ll leave you to guess why…) And yes, he owns the dogs and made their collars.
Carl is a balloon salesman because he wanted to work with Ellie at the zoo…presumably.
I’m not completely sure, but I think Russell’s parents are absent throughout the entire movie.
Russell gives Kevin his name before he learns that she is female (Dug tells him later).[/spoil]

[spoil]Actually Russel’s parent is seen in the badge ceremony at the end, sitting with Dug. The only thing is, you don’t really know if it’s his mom because earlier in the film he refers to her as Phyllis and Carl asks him “You call your own mother by her name?” and then Russel says “Phyllis isn’t my mother.” I couldn’t find out if she was a foster or step mom though…[/spoil]

For anyone who has seen the entire movie: are the “UPisodes” actually part of the movie?

No, they’re not.