Let's make UP the best Pixar film ever!

Will you be going to see Up opening weekend?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I thought we should all make a pact that we will all go see UP it’s opening weekend, no matter what country you live in and make it the largest Pixar opening ever! Right now the largest PIxar film opening is Finding Nemo with 70.25 mil. It’s overall worldwide gross is $864 mil. Also, try to get your family friends, etc. to come. together we can conquer the world :smiling_imp: hehe

I think I’ll try and see Up as soon as it comes out, but as it’s coming out during the school term I might have to wait until the half term when I have a bit more spare time.

I definitely want Up to do really well, but the numbers that Finding Nemo made were absolutely massive, so whether it’s going to be able to achieve that sort of money when even a critically acclaimed film like WALL-E couldn’t beat it, I have to wonder. But it’s still a nice sentiment! :smiley:

I absolutely have to! After seeing WALL-E on opening day, I couldn’t imagine seeing it at any other time!

Duh? I’m seriously considering asking one of my managers if I can have May 29th off just so that I can see the film one or… two times… :stuck_out_tongue:

– Mitch

I’m definitely going to see it opening day, then possibly the following Sunday, then maybe another time or two depending on how good it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really mind if this grosses the most money. I just want to enjoy what PIxar does best. I might go see it on opening week.

I’m definitely going opening day! And I’ll probably see again, but try to find a theater that will show it in 3D since my home town doesn’t have one.

I will be at the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals that week so I sadly will not get to see it! :smiley:
I’ll see it when I get back for sure though!

I’m planning on going to see it on opening day in 3D if funds permit! I’m really excited!

I’ll try the best I can to see Up on the first day. :wink:
Hopefully tickets don’t sell out on the first day though, keeping me from being able to see it on that day.

I’ll definitely be seeing it opening weekend… and in 3D!!!

Probably Friday night or Saturday morning.

It’s gonna be awesome, but it’s probably not going to break Finding Nemo’s record since there are so many huge movies coming out this summer. I say it’ll be within 10 either up or down of 200 million domestic gross when all is said and done.

After seeing WALL-E opening night and hearing the audience collectively sigh when Eve catches Wall-E, seeing it on any other day is no longer a choice for me.

After reading this I know we have to prove them wrong! :smiley: Why do so many people insist Up is going to fail?

I am planning an Up party: buying premiere day tickets in bulk, asking everyone dressing up in their favourite Pixar characters, accompanied with some glitzy pre-show dinner.

I’ll have an easy time convincing everyone I know.

Dido! My birthday is Tuesday and I’m using taking a ton of people to see the movie an excuse for a “birthday party” :laughing:

I WILL DO THIS!!! I’ve already told my friends, and plan to invite, like, 7 or so of ‘em!! I plan to go on that Sunday during church (maybe there will be less people?). I saw Wolverine on Sat. (May 2) and it wasn’t too packed. Also, I wanna go see Terminator Salvation and the new Night At The Museum movie. :smiley: So many awesome movies… I’m freakin’ out from the excitement!!!

Because the film is about an old man. OMG NOEZ! OLD PEOPLE ARE CREEPY! NO FILMS ABOUT THEM, NOT EVER!

Seriously, sheesh. That’s the dumbest reason I ever heard to predict a film will fail. If Pixar has proved anything, it’s that their characters can be most anything and anyone and still be enjoyable. Finding Nemo starred a middle aged single father, and somehow it’s still the most famous Pixar film to date.

And I am so totally seeing Up the day it comes out. In fact, I’m inviting my group of friends to come along with me. It’ll be an awesome get-together sort of deal.

im going to see it the day it opens actually

Maybe you could be so kind as to post some pix (or a link to some pix) of your costumed friends following the opening.

:frowning: I wanna see it opening weekend, but I would rather make Toy Story 3 the best Pixar Movie :frowning: