Looking 'UP' at the Disney Store!

Okay kiddos, a fellow board member just asked for some inside info regarding what the Disney Store has planned for UP, and I thought I’d make a point of sharing what I can with anyone who wants to know. :smiley:

Today I got my first look at our initial merchandise. We got a shipment of t-shirts in, and the company sent our store the display profile- showing all the product and how to arrange it when it comes. So here’s what I can say for sure-

The Disney Store will be selling plush characters, t-shirts, mugs, bags and other fun items. So far the confirmed plush characters are Dug, and a few of Muntz’ other dogs. The t-shirts I’ve seen are one of our favorite dog, Dug, and a yellow tee that’s printed to look like Russel’s shirt and bandanna (complete with printed badges). It’s very cute!

I know there’s already a thread for UP merchandise, but I thought it was appropriate to keep this separate because I think the Disney Store may have plans for something fun on Opening Weekend for UP, and if/ when I find out what that is, I can post information on that here as well!

Sadly I have to report that I did not see any plush of Kevin on the mock-up, but I’m hoping he’ll come later. And hey, he may be a grump, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a Carl plush as well.

That’s all for now, but I’m sure I’ll have more to report soon!

Cool! That Russell T-shirt sounds pretty neat! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome. I probably won’t be picking up much Up merchandise (just Art of Up, the soundtrack, and the figurines of the main characters) but it sounds like there’s going to be some interesting items. Still, I’m annoyed that they’re neglecting most of the main characters for a lot of the plush merchandise, but I can see why.

Are all the t-shirts in kid sizes? I remember last year they had adult tees for Wall-E.

The ones we have for sure are in kids sizes, but if you’re relatively small it’s not hard to fit into a kid’s large. I think they will get adult tees eventually.

Like I said, I think we’ll be seeing more merchandise, this is just what will be available right away. I don’t know what we’ll have in the future though.

I’m 13, so I bet they probably will :smiley: Thanks!

I come bearing pictures of our UP product!

First of all, it seems like The Pixar Blog beat me to unveiling the awesome plush, but here are some in-store pictures anyway. Just a clue- if you go to your local Disney Store and listen to all of the Dogs’ phrases, you might find out a bit more about Dug, the pack and Muntz!

Here’s a close-up!

Bags, shirts, mugs- and jumbo Dugs!

And wouldn’t you know it… luggage tags! There’s a Russel there behind Carl if you squint. Sorry, I took these pics in a hurry!

Close-up on the bag, which I of course already own. Only $2.50!

More product- storybooks and ‘uniforms’!

You too can be a Wilderness Explorer!

That’s it for now! We don’t have all of our dog plush in, but I hope we get them soon so I can listen to their quotes. Very informative!

Hog -Hug Theres major spoilers on the last picture. I really wished I didn’t see that. Don’t look at thatpicture unless you want to be spoiled big time.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us, Hog-Hug!

I wouldn’t really call it a major spoiler, Buy N Large. Doesn’t give away any of the plot.

[spoil]Carls Fredrickson’s Grape Soda pin is where Russel’s Elderly Assisting Badge is supposed to be. That means at the end of the movie he gives his grape soda pin to him.[/spoil]

But how did you know that? I just spoiled myself by looking at your spoiler text, but never would have gotten that had I not. I don’t understand how it’s really a spoiler unless you’ve already found OTHER spoilers…

And also, these are pictures of something you would see walking into any Disney Store… sorry I upset you, but I don’t really see how it’s a true spoiler. ):

*Especially since the ‘spoiler’ you’re referring to is not fully displayed on the shirt in my picture. It sounds to me like you were spoiled prior to my picture. But people who are not predisposed won’t notice.

i hope i can buy some of this stuff as i live in the uk , and the film doesnt come out here for agesssssss. any other figures and stuff coming soon? :slight_smile: i hope adult tshirts too i love my WALL-E one i bought from disneystore usa online.

Woo! Thanks so much for taking those photos, Hog-Hug! :smiley:

Hot damn! That merchandise looks goo-ood. Those Dug plushies are very high quality and adorable. I can’t wait to see the adult tees - that’s what I’m looking forward to the most, but all merchandise is exciting. That luggage tag looks enticing. I’d like one for my violin case.

I really wish I hadn’t read that spoiler above, silly me. :blush:

Great stuff, but I feel like the human characters are being neglected. Even Kevin doesn’t have that much stuff.

Also, I feel bad for anyone who found out that spoiler who didn’t want to. I would suggest avoiding that spoiler at all costs if you’re staying away from them.

I called my local Disney Store the other day, and they confirmed that there will be adult shirts too! :smiley: Just in case any of you wanted to know :wink:

I’m an idiot, why did I read that spoiler? Noes! :laughing:

Loving the merchandise! The plushies look so sweet, and I’d definitely buy that Up bag if there were a local Disney Store. I agree with Bryko614 though, the human characters are being neglected. I’d like for there to be way more Carl merchandise, definitely. But the merchandise that is in looks really good! Thanks for sharing those photos, Hog-Hug! :smiley:

Glad everyone liked the photos!

I think we will eventually get more merch with Carl and Russel, and if you look there is ‘a lot’ for the small amount of UP merch we have in general. It’s just that the plush are all dogs, and I hope everyone can see why. Humans don’t translate well into plush and often look kind of creepy. Since Russel is round he might make a cute plush but I’m not sure that Carl would. I do want a Kevin plush though!

Anyway the Disney Store may not sell the action figures… I’m not sure. The Store is swinging back and forth between ‘toy store’ and ‘exclusive collectibles shop’.

I’ll keep you all updated here!

ohhh! I love the photos Hog-Hug! :smiley: I hope to come by a Disney store and get some things for the movie’s opening day! And is that bag really $2.50?! If this is true, I am in utter shock. :laughing: Thank you for posting these photos! Now I know Up merchandise exists. hehe…

The oversized Dug plush is enticing, and I don’t mind flashing that Carl thermos at Starbucks. Now to decide if I want to get that or splurge on other merchandise at the Disney store :stuck_out_tongue:

Hog-Hug: How much Pixar merchandise is at your local DIsney store? I remember a while back being in the New York store and they had quite a few Pixar merchandise, I would say a portion of a whole floor (the NY store had, like, 3 levels though). And how does the Up merchandise compare to that?

My Disney Store is actually a pretty nice one, we’re a substantial size as far as Disney Stores go, but the Disney Stores are usually kind of small so mine is a one story with about four ‘rooms’.

We have A LOT of Pixar stuff. the Disney Store has what they call ‘boy stuff’ and ‘girl stuff’. The girl stuff is 99% Tinkerbell and classic Disney Princess (right now dominated by Ariel for spring) and the boy stuff is 99% Pixar. Seriously, our boy section is made up by Cars, WALL-E and Toy Story merch.

Nemo is popular right now since it’s spring, so he’s featured on a lot of our spring toys (beach balls, water guns, etc.).

We also have what we call ‘plush mountain’, which is a big fixture filled to the brim with character plush. For a while we had the Bug’s Life cast and Woody/ Buzz and Mike/ Sulley in car form but those are now on clearance and almost gone. Sometimes we have BIG Sulley plush but not at the moment.

It really depends on when you come in because we are ALWAYS getting new stuff but yes, Pixar definitely has a large presence at the Disney Store.

The UP ‘section’ isn’t very big right now but keep in mind that the movie hasn’t been released yet. Disney wants to gauge stock by how well the product sells based on how popular the movie is… so right now UP is only featured on one fixture, but I’m sure we will start carrying at least a little more merchandise once the film hits theaters.