Up and WALL-E on The Colbert Report

colbertnation.com/the-colber … ie-edition
Skip to about 2:40. Funny stuff.

Hahaha, that was funny.
Stephen Colbert likes Pixar? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! That’s so funny! Stephen Colbert rules! I saw that yesterday and freaked out when I saw it.

My word! :open_mouth:
Mr Colbert is awesome! [spoil]What a brilliant idea to solve America’s welfare state! :smiley:
And I loved how he slammed that incendiary Wall Street article.
The way how he tosses the Wall-E toy aside and plays with the packaging instead reminds me of Wall-E and the wedding ring. :slight_smile:[/spoil]
“There is one bright spot this summer… Pixar’s Up!” Mr Colbert, you’re officially cool.
Thanks for the link Bryko!

Mreh, can’t watch it, but it sounds pretty funny. I’m not a fan of Colbert, but if he likes Up and Pixar, then I like him! :laughing:

That was amazingly funny!..

Until he started “Trash talking” about the Wall-E toy. Than I just wanted to strangle him. XD

1 expression: Yeah-hey! I find Colbert incredibly funny, and for him to comment like that, that’s just sweet. :slight_smile:

funny bit… great how he was pretty positive about the film. Yeah, it got ridiculous when he started playing with the WALL-E box, but still funny. Great how he made fun of the landfil filler like Walle packaging boxes… so very true…

One big LOL at 4:14

“Loogat this! This is FUN”

I’m pretty sure Colbert just lampooned all those films for comic-relief, and not because he has a certain liking or disliking towards them.
The only reason Colbert mentioned Up at all was because it was a perfect opportunity for him to make a joke about the social security system. I doubt that really expresses his true opinion towards Up, or any of the other films he mentioned - but I guess at least he gave the movie some publicity. Chances are some people watched that episode and discovered Up for the first time ever and taking an interest in it.

Oh, I saw that already. There was a link to it on Wall-E Forum and it positively killed me. My favorite bit was this:

“But Wallstreet is worried Up might have limited merchandising possibilities because the hero is a 78-year-old man. But what kid wouldn’t play with a 78-year-old man action figure? You can make him do all kinds of fun things, like sitting, staring, and accusing your Dora the Explorer doll of stealing his cufflinks.”

It’s actually part of my signature on that site now because it’s just full of epic win.