Pixar Planet

Up Awards

Talk about Pixar's Up here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby totoro » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:04 am

Hurt Locker got Best Picture, so that leaves Up with Best Animated Feature and Best Score.
Finally Michael Giacchino got his well-deserved Oscar. :D

And btw., Logorama, which won Best Animated Short, contains a BnL logo... :wink:
totoro

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:05 am

Congrats to Up for all of its nominations and wins.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Netbug009 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:39 am

totoro wrote:Hurt Locker got Best Picture, so that leaves Up with Best Animated Feature and Best Score.
Finally Michael Giacchino got his well-deserved Oscar. :D

And btw., Logorama, which won Best Animated Short, contains a BnL logo... :wink:

It does?! Where?! %D

Anyways,,,, BAF win, Score win, and BP nom. Not bad at all. :D
WALL-E Count: 46
JESUS IS LORD!
Netbug009
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby totoro » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 am

Netbug009 wrote:
totoro wrote:And btw., Logorama, which won Best Animated Short, contains a BnL logo... :wink:

It does?! Where?! %D

It appears somewhere near the end of the film, half sunken, from what I can remember.

I think it's a great idea to put the BnL logo in there, as the concept of the short is a world which consists of nothing but corporate logos and mascots.
So BnL's "we basically own the whole world, including you" attitude fits rather nicely. :wink:
totoro

Postby ffdude1906 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 am

Up for Best Animated and Best Score! Awesome! I think Bob Peterson got robbed for Best Original Screenplay. I really wanted to see him on that stage, but still, it's a win for Pixar. 2nd feature win, and a BP nom is really great.

I really wanna see how it did against the rest. Is there any way we can find out?
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Rey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 am

Congratulations for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score awards! By the way, Michael Giacchino is the first to win BOS award with roots from the video game industry.
Rey
Garbage Boy

Postby miafka » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:11 am

I was very glad to see Up win for Best Animated, and of course Michael for Best Score -- both much deserved.

I also enjoyed both acceptance speeches (they seemed to be very strict this year about keeping them short): Pete Docter's mention of making flip-books as a kid (something I used to do all the time myself) and Michael's about those around him encouraging him and never saying things were a waste of time.

Congratulations to Pete Docter, Michael, and the talented folks at Pixar! I know very well how fortunate I was to be just a small part of this.

(And I'm sure Michael will forgive the two presenters for mispronouncing his name! :) )
miafka
Garbage Boy

Postby lizardgirl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 am

So pleased that Up got Best Animated Feature and that Michael Giacchino got Best Score! I agree with you miafka, their acceptance speeches were brilliant, some of the best of the night.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby karly05 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 am

Woohoo! Congrats to Mssrs. Docter, Peterson, Rivera, and all the Up gang for the Best Animated Feature win, and to the Magnificent Mr. G. for his Best Score win! (Yes, I noticed they were struggling with his name - luckily he was the only "Michael," so once they got that out, we knew he'd won.) And another big congrats to everyone for the Best Picture nomination, which is a distinction in itself. I was pleased that they chose the bit with little Carl & Ellie to represent the screenplay, and I wondered how many home viewers were thinking, "Why is Samuel L Jackson introducing the cartoon?" :wink:

Congrats, again, to all involved with Up!!
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:06 am

and I wondered how many home viewers were thinking, "Why is Samuel L Jackson introducing the cartoon?"

Holy moley! Frozone? I hope someone posts a video of this online.

Well, a hearty congratulations to Pete Docter, Michael Giachinno and the production team for their awesome wins. You guys are the kings of the world! :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Pixarfan91 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 am

Congrats to Up for winning Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score. Looking forward for Toy Story 3 to do the same.
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby mo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 am

Congrats to Pixar and Up for it's nominations and it's wins. They definately deserved it. :wink:
Tumblr is where I spend most of my online time these days
mo
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby lennonluvr9 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Congrats to UP for its 2 Oscars!! Totally deserving of both of them. And congrats especially for its nomination for best picture!
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby totoro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:35 pm

totoro

Postby The Dark Samurai » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Up won Favorite Animated Movie at the Kids Choice Awards yesterday.

Congrats!
The Dark Samurai
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Up