You Know You're a Fan of 'Up' When...

You know you’re a fan of Up when you…

• join Scouts or Girl Guides so you can be a Wilderness Explorer like Russell.
  • collect the Pixar Planet icons, like Russell collects badges.
  • take a visit to the zoo and eye off that colourful bird.
  • aren’t even a dog person, but adopt a Golden Retriever.
  • [spoil]take lessons in Spanish and Japanese so you can translate like Dug’s collar.[/spoil]

Keep it going peeps!

:smiley:

Try tying thousands of balloons to your house and see if it flies away :smiley:

-Go door to door seeing if there is an elderly person you can assist.
-[spoil]Lay out chocolate to try and lure in the Snipe.[/spoil]

• When your notebook is full of fan art
  • When you lay down a blanket on the spot where you’ll put the Up dvd, in your dvd shelf
  • When you keep buying tickets so the film will get a lot of money :mrgreen:
  • When you start to record every little five minute disney channal clip, that’s on
  • When you’ve read so many spoilers you can already memirise the film and you haven’t seen it :laughing:

-…you see Boy Scouts and they remind you of Russell.
-…you see dogs and pretend that they can talk.
-…you have sudden cravings for grape soda.
-…you find yourself making Up puns in everyday conversation.

Liking the thread, Rachel!

-When you start tying stuff to balloons to see them float away.
-When you’re already in line for the movie…since 6 months ago…in a Wilderness Explorer tent.
-When you have seen every single snippet of the movie available.
-When you’re booking a trip to Venezuela just because of this movie.

• When you make a countdown with balloons :smiley:

When you here someone say “Hi there” on the street and you automatically yell out “SQUIRREL”.

No joke, I actually did this. Fortunately my girlfriend has also seen the UP trailer (about 11000 times) so she doesn’t think I’m insane.

Too true. Gets a bit, erm, inappropriate at some times :astonished:

-…when you start, inadvertently, and at random times, just look up at the sky. Freaks some people out, for some reason.

Bryko614 - You serious? You booked a holiday to Venezuela? Or I’m suspecting that was a joke, considering the Wilderness Explorer tent line.

Phileas, Bryko614
Venezuela absolutely ROCKS. One of the best countries I’ve ever visited. Great scenery, amazing people, brilliant food.

(Girls please don’t read this part):
True fact - Venezuela is the joint leader of the “Miss World” winners leaderboard. (Along with India). One visit to the country will quickly explain why. Oh my, that place has some serious eye-candy.

Back on topic now. Promise.

Heh. Guilty. :stuck_out_tongue:

Manning - Concerning the “Squirrel” thing: Ha! You actually did that? That’s hilarious. (snigger)

• When you can quote even the dialogue in the behind-the-scenes clips
  • When you randomly yell, “Adventure is out there!” from atop a high platform… or for no apparent reason
  • When you make replicas of Russell’s badges and pin them to your chest with pride
  • When you name your kid “Russell” and sign him up for admission to the Boy Scouts organization
  • When you take a picture of a random kid in the supermarket just because he looks like Russell (I actually did this. If anyone wants me to send them the picture I can do it. :stuck_out_tongue: )

– Mitch

Great thread idea Rachel! :smiley:

Good one, Manning! Welcome to the boards, BTW.

Oh my Mitch, I hope your future son doesn’t get annoyed for you pushing him to sell cookies to little old ladies (or helping grumpy old men across their yard). :laughing: I should try yelling ‘Adventure is Out There’ from my balcony one day.

When you join the Cloud Watching Society (they do exist!) just to see if you can spot Carl’s house.

When you can identify a Cumulonimbus and tell when it’s going to rain.

When you take up Ornithological Studies as a course in the hopes of identifying what species Kevin is.

When you show your friends the new trailer to get them interested and express surprise when they tell you they’ve never seen it (This, I did).

When you start watching old adventure movies like the Indy series and Romancing the Stone (This, I want to do over the holidays)

When you look at an airplane and wonder [spoil]if a dog is flying it[/spoil].

When you imagine what your dog would say to you if it wore a translator collar.

thedriveintheatre - Puh-ha!! I literally burst out laughing at some of your answers. :laughing:

You know, I think I’ve heard of that “Cloud Watching Society”. The clubs people create, I tell ya’. I’d probably join it, though, even if Up didn’t exist. (snigger)

Too bad I’m never going to get married, because if I did I’d probably have a boy named Russell, and I would sign him up as a Boy Scout. :stuck_out_tongue:

• When you nick-name your grandfather Carl and follow him around with balloons.

• When you suddenly having a craving for chocolate around the clock.

– Mitch

…when you make a cartoon about the Cannes premiere of the movie…

[url]Cartoon Cannon - Cannes We See Up Yet? - YouTube

Welcome to the board aasimpy!

And I must say, that cartoon, (though not of PIXAR quality) did bring a smile to my face. Yes, I believe that does show your desire to see this movie.

…when you’ve memorized the teaser trailer music, and the full trailer music and are dying to hear the whole score!!!

…when you see the new Aflac commercial and stop everything to watch, even though you’ve seen it a hundred times.

…when all your friends don’t want to hear anything else about pixar, ever.

…when you see a bird out side move its head and the first word that comes to mind is “kevin”

…when you see the movie OPENING DAY!!!

aasimpy: XD that is great

“Oh yes! My favorite! The robot saved our planet.”

carlfredricksen: Not just opening day; the first available show time :smiley:

Mitch - Never get married? Well, I wouldn’t call matrimony off the list of things to do just yet, you still got a whole life ahead of you and who knows who you might meet? Unless you want to go all de facto:slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, what an awesome series, aasimpy! Did you make that? XD
Welcome to the boards!

You only fill your trolley/shopping cart with the following items…

Tip-Top’s Up bread

Sanitarium Up & Go

Roll-Ups

Freshen Up chewing gum

Oral-B Brush Ups

7-Up drink

Oh Chrysler:smiley:
I used to drink Up-and-Go just for breakfast all the time! Until I realised it wasn’t actually meant to replace a proper brekkie of eggs and bread. Or Tip-Top, for the latter. Maybe they should do a product tie-in like what Kung Fu Panda did with Kelloggs. Then again, maybe not.

When you actually ask your friend to take a picture of you next to the standee in the cinema lobby after watching Star Trek. :wink:

When you never look at a balloon quite the same way again.

When you actually start thinking of planning your next family trip to South America (the only continent besides Antarctica my family hasn’t visited, by the way).

When you grumble to anyone who would listen about the staggered release date for your country.

-When you become fascinated every time your dog sees a squirrel.

-When you color in all the ostrich pictures in your Biology book.

-When you watch that one MythBusters episode over and over and over and over and over and over…then wonder how many pounds Carl’s house must weigh…