"Up" coming to Blu-ray/DVD.... in November

It just premiered in Cannes filmfestival but the French already have the date and price for the Blu-ray and DVD release. :laughing: It’s November 29th in France and I’d expect few weeks earlier in the US. Pre-orders are already up: Blu-ray and DVD

Wow, that was fast :laughing:

Wow, that soon? So it basically comes out on DVD a month after it’s released in the cinemas over here. That’s just wrong. :laughing:

Is that some kind of a record or something? (snigger)

lizardgirl - Look on the bright side: After you see the film then you’ll be able to pre-order it from France. :wink:

– Mitch

Haha, I was thinking that Mitch! Definitely a plus side, so if I get addicted to Up I’ll be able to order it on DVD quickly and watch it again and again without having to spend too much money in the cinema. :laughing:

lizardgirl - Exactly! You could probably even order it before you see it in the theater; memorize it before anyone else; send us copies… :laughing:

– Mitch

Nothing official yet but the announcement should come next week or week after that. And it looks like there will be regular single disc DVD (SRP $19.99), special edition DVD (SRP $29.99) and Blu-ray release (SRP $34.99).

O.o That’s super weird. It’ll still be in theaters when it hits home media! What the heck? Then again, this spells good news for me, at least I know when to have money to spend. My trip to Ohio is gonna be a bit over budget, so I’m pretty sure I’m not getting a Blu-Ray player any time soon (Christmas MAYBE,…) so I’m gonna have to miss out on some of the features for a while, as well as wait longer to begin my Blu-Ray collection. Money’s gonna be so tight for me after school starts, this is getting nerve-wracking. :\

GASP! I live in Ohio!

The announcement for home media release is coming in next week or week after that not the release itself. It will probably released in November.

November 10th?

Waiting for an official announcement…

Awesome, we’re finally getting some sort of idea!

great! I can add that to my Chrstmas List!

Hopefully my parents will decide if we’re getting Blu-Ray or not before then. I’d like to make UP my first Blu-Ray movie if so.

“Up is probably Pixar’s worst. Thought they tried too hard, they had an interesting first act that was quite dark and serious, but at the end it became a jokey, light as air (pun intended) final hour, with talking dogs and a zeplin?!? Plus, the fact they shoved 3D down peoples throats, which I still can’t stand!
Having said that, I might rent it, see if my mind changes, then if so I might buy it when its cheap or they put it on Previously Viewed.”

What is wrong with this person?!

Also I’m probably just going to get the DVD, I was thinking about getting Blu Ray but it’s too expensive right now.

Um wow, some people just can’t seem to find the meaning behind most of the story, or just don’t care about it. Movie goers that slam a movie because it’s a mixed bag need to realize, it has to cater to a wide audience to be successful, and there doesn’t seem to be any reason to say that Up did that badly, because it didn’t. It’s strong in every one of its executions, save maybe the humor. It’s a funny movie, sure, but it’s not the funniest by a long shot. It has more novelty jokes than seriously hilarious parts (save one I can think of at the moment, I was crying laughing at one part), but it makes the movie more charming.

What drives the movie to the end is how moving and emotionally powerful the story is, especially in the silent scenes, absolutely inspiring film making.

Sorry to go off topic, but I hate it when people just ramble absolute garbage about things that deserve as much praise as this movie does. Even worse are the people that do it just to make me mad.

Back on topic, I’m gonna have to hold out on the Blu-Ray as well, which is a bummer. I’m not sure if I should start saving up for the Carl and Russell figurines or a player and Up first, I’m getting the DVD the day of, no doubt. Me and a friend (Gates) are grabbing this sucker at midnight! :smiley:

November 10 is a logical release date - I figured it would be some time in November, but before Thanksgiving. Blu-Ray, here I come!! :smiley:

Oh, wow, I hope that post on the Blu-Ray forum about the bonus material is right! Sounds like a lot of interesting behind-the-scenes info.

Edit: ffdude, I like your new sig (Adventure Begins at 78 ). I see the credit line about ‘created with the Up Image Maker’ - is this the image maker from the Australian site, or is there another one out there?

But what special features they’ll put on those DVD/BD?
Please deleted scenes!
Or what happen to Muntz after he ‘fell’ from the house.

:smiley:

wannabechef - If you click on the “November 10th” in eerik’s post (page 1 of this thread, or quoted above), it takes you to a thread on a blu-ray forum about the Up release. On Page 5 of that thread, someone posted a list of rumored / possible / probable bonus material, from yet another site. Again, they say this is not official, but it looks legit.

One of the bonus segments is titled [spoil]The Many Endings of Muntz.[/spoil] :smiley:

One other thing I meant to mention in the thread on the Blu-ray forum - ha ha ha, another joke I didn’t get: [spoil]Someone mentions the dog pilots being “Gray Leader,” “Gray 2,” etc. and brought up the Dogs Are Colorblind! thing again (as with Dug saying “Gray one!” when they’re counting cars at the end).[/spoil] :laughing:

Haha, I can’t WAIT to get a hold of those features, and I always thought it was [spoil]Stray leader[/spoil]