Up Midnight Premieres?

I looked up movie times for Up. And after I entered my zip code to search for theaters around my area, the first thing they showed the theater at Downtown Disney’s Pleasure Island and a theater at Universal’s City Walk first. (I live in the central Florida area.) And they both showed midnight premieres!!! I was NOT expecting this at all! I would love to go to the midnight premiere at Downtown Disney. (Let’s hope I can get there… :laughing: )

But I’m curious, are there any midnight premieres for Up in your area?

There should be Up midnight showings in almost every major movie complex in your area. I am for sure going. I’ve never seen a movie midnight of opening day!

There haven’t been for Pixar movies in the past at my local cinema, but it’s a bit early to check for Up at the moment, though I’d definitely go if there is one! I’m sure I’ve heard of midnight premiers for other films at the same cinema, so hopefully they’ll do one for Up but I’ll wait and see. If not, opening day will have to do!

There are 2 cinemas with Midnight premireres but I think I’d rather just go opening day. I saw Pirates of The Caribbean 2’s midnight premirere with my friends and I was almost falling asleep!

Since I have school on May 29th I’m just going to try to go to the 4:50 PM showing…I’d probably fall asleep at a midnight showing anyway.

yes and i am seeing it at that time

“I saw Pirates of The Caribbean 2’s midnight premirere with my friends and I was almost falling asleep!”

That’s because it was an awful movie, with a so-called “screenplay” by a couple of whiney hacks.

I don’t have a midnight showing, and I don’t have a 3D theater within 40 miles! Iowa sucks. :imp:

WAIT

(sorry Im getting off topic, but…)

Your from Iowa? Im going there next week for Odyssey of the Mind World Finals!!! It’ll be at Iowa State University! :smiley:

Anyway…

I don’t have a 3D theater in my area either, but it doesn’t matter since I’ll be in Iowa for the premiere.

Ooops, I posted something about The University of Iowa, and the then I noticed you said Iowa State University! My bad.

it might be the University of Iowa, but idk. All I know is that i’m excited as heck! XD I’m leaving on Wednesday.

I saw The Incredibles and Wall E at Midnight. It’s very tempting to go see this at midnight, but it won’t be in 3D and they didn’t have any trailers when I went to see Wall E. The plan is to see it at midnight on Friday. Can’t wait!!!

My very 1st post on this subforum, and one of the very rare times I post on a Pixar movie outside of Wall-E (General forums and Ice Age n Scratt excepted).

Planning to see up at 12:01 am in Mountain View, CA (usa) in 3D, and if you are a true Wall-E fan you are using recycled glasses. Anyone else in the Bay Area want to get together? I can always turn in this ticket and get a free pass. There is one other new release showing this night, and a 2-D version of Up is around too. It cost me $13.75. I was told by the somewhat difficult counter person that the theater was 90% empty with 30 hours to go. This will be very disappointing, to sit there with perhaps only 30% of the theater filled up by opening time.

Up’s competition has been lousy so far this year. State of Play? Terminator? Museum? Only Star Trek has been stellar, and Soloist for arts fans. This past Memorial Day weekend holiday in the U.S. had Terminator and Night at Museum, both underwhelming, no heart in the robot movie and so stupid at times I had to walk out of Stiller’s followup. It will be great to see a completely original, good story for the first time this year, cuz StarTrek isn’t original and Soloist is a true story heavily dependent on Beethoven’s music.

Actually, all this Up hoopla has severely retarded posts and reading over at the poor Wall-E subforum. Shame, shame, shame…

Unfortunately, I would have to travel 25 miles if I wanted to see it at midnight, so I will just see it Friday. I’m still debating whether to see it during the day or night, though. :slight_smile:

I went to a midnight screening last night in Indianapolis, it was awesome!