Lets NOT make Up the best Pixar movie ever

And make it the 3rd! Toy Story 3 will be THE BEST and Cars 2 will be the 2nd best! I’m seeing this opening day JUST for TS3 trailer AND cause it’s Pixar. Really, I don’t want some old guy, a stupid kid. and a dog (I hate dogs) to ruin my childhood dream, really, ever since I was little I was waiting for Toy Story 3, but I had to wait 11 years. And in 2010 when people see a poster for TS3 they think “Bfff, boo THAT. Up was WAY better even though I haven’t seen it.” I also don’t wanna be the only person in the theater (I doubt that would happen but) and I don’t want, 30 years from now, for people to look back at the 3 Toy Story movies and say “What a piece of crap”

Uh. . . While I agree that Cars 2 should top Up, I think that a lot of people want Up to be Pixar’s best.

Up will be the best Pixar film, both critically and hopefully financially.
Although Toy Story 3 will likely top Up in the box office, I don’t think it will be as well received…but I’m still super excited for it.

Who cares which Pixar movie is “THE BEST”? This is something that is virtually impossible to determine since most people have different ideas of which movie is best, and what MAKES a movie ‘the best’. Pixar movies are ALL good so why does it matter?

Anyone dumb enough to say this about TS3: “Bfff, boo THAT. Up was WAY better even though I haven’t seen it.” is someone who probably wouldn’t like Toy Story anyway, so who cares. Let them cheat themself.

Maybe Toy Story isn’t THE most popular Pixar series right now, but Toy Story is the Pixar movie that EVERYONE knows is Pixar. Non-movie-geeks often have trouble distinguishing a Pixar film from a Dreamworks film or any other 3D animated movie, but if they see Woody and Buzz, they immediately think ‘Pixar’. Because of this and how much the world loves the Toy Story franchise and especially Woody and Buzz, there is no way people are going to avoid the movie theater just because a lot of people said UP is the best Pixar movie. And again, no one can say whether or not TS3 will be better or worse, because it’s all speculation! It’s not as if people who want UP to be ‘the best’ want other movies following UP to pale in quality… or if they do, that’s pretty lame.

Anyway. “I don’t want, 30 years from now, for people to look back at the 3 Toy Story movies and say “What a piece of crap”.” No one would say that, and especially not because of UP. It’s generally accepted by society that Toy Story is a great film and even the few people who don’t like it can’t really argue that it’s ‘bad’, because it really isn’t. So again, anyone who does… who cares?

Also, I wouldn’t be so easy to dismiss UP just because you don’t want it to be ‘better’ than TS3. To be honest, that is doing exactly what you DON’T want potential TS3 viewers to do. In other words:

“I don’t want UP to be good so people will see TS3 instead.” is just as lame as “I’m not going to see Toy Story 3 because UP was good.”

Uhh, No. Lets.

Because every pixar movie after up will be even better than the one before, and so on after. So, ya, maybe Up will be the best pixar movie ever… but than Toy Story 3 will be. And than Cars 2. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with Bryko614, the only reason I created the other Let’s make Up the best Pixar film yet! was in financial terms. I just thought it would be cool for Pixar’s best (financially) to star an old guy. I also agree with Mygames19 though too. Pixar films (animation wise) just keep on getting better and better. And don’t worry annoborjack, I’ll definitely be going to the midnight showing of Toy Story 3! :smiley:

There really shouldn’t be any complaining. I want all the Pixar movies to succeed.

I saw the name of this thread, and thought, “Lemme guess…annarborjack…” Guess I was right.

annarborjack - How about you start posting your own opinions in OTHER threads, and not make a new one for something so stupid. Please, forgive me for being rude, but grow up. :wink:

Jesus Freak was a little harsh but i agree with them.

Third that. This is absolutely ridiculous… :angry:

Just because there is a new Pixar movie coming out does not mean that people aren’t excited for the future films! Up is going to have it’s time this year, and Toy Story 3 will have its own time in 2010!

There is absolutely no need to start arguments over something so irrelevant. People are excited for Up. So what. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to look into those threads.

little chef

I’ll try and be civil here, given my love of this film.

This topic…made me a bit angry. I really cannot understand the logical connection between downplaying Up to make TS3 look better. Why would someone decide not to see TS3 just because Up was good? Really, what’s the connection? I went to see Cars even though I knew it could never top Finding Nemo in my heart. This argument is fallacious and, no offense, rather bigoted. Please note here, I am addressing the argument, not you. I just want to make sure that’s clear so I don’t hurt any feelings.

It sounds to me like Up is not personally appealing to you, and there’s not enough hype about TS3 to suit you. I can understand being frustrated over lack of interest, I really can. Over at Wall-E Fanbase, a site I moderate, almost nobody is as excited for Up as I am. I try my hardest to encourage interest, but it just isn’t working like I hope. But the solution isn’t to attack the competition. Simply acknowledge the film isn’t for you and instead focus on promoting TS3 interest.

Although, boiling Up down to “some old guy, and a stupid kid” seems like you missed the point of the movie entirely. I find that rather disappointing, but it’s your opinion :confused:

As has been said before, you should add this to the other topic. There was basically no point in making your own.

Yeah no offense to the other movies, but I really want up to be my new favorite movie!

I really can’t wait. Everything about it interests me! Not that I’m not excited for Cars 2 or Toy Storey 3, but their sequels so I already have an idea of what to expect. Up is new and exciting!

Firstly, maybe it would be best to actually watch Up before giving your opinion on it, annarborjack. It just makes you seem a bit foolish dismissing the film and its characters before seeing it. Supporting Up is supporting Pixar, which means the studio will be able to release other films in the future, like Toy Story 3. If anything, the success of Up will make Toy Story 3 be even more successful.

And JesusFreak is right - you don’t need to create a thread for every single idea that pops into your head. Think about whether the thread will promote some good discussion, or whether it’s something that doesn’t need to be said, or even if you could put that message in a relevant, already-created thread.

If this thread doesn’t go anywhere, I’m going to lock it.

Uhh, talk about shallow. Looking at your profile description, it does not appear that you’re a very avid Pixar fan like most of us here, so I guess that explains a lot about you.
But anyways… A lot of people hated rats, bugs, and monsters, yet they were willing to give their respective Pixar films a chance. So now you hate old people and dogs, and now that means it should not be a success? Why should you care if it ranks as the best Pixar film for many people? Why should anyone care if? It’s stupid that people are wanting some Pixar films to do way better than the rest… I want them ALL to do good.
It shouldn’t matter if your story is about an old man and balloons, or a bunch of toys - I hope that all of their films are successful in their own ways. Last year WALL-E was all we talked about on this site, now Up is under the spotlight since it’s the latest Pixar masterpiece. In a year’s time Toy Story 3 will be the next main topic on Pixar Planet. Just be patient and don’t wish doom on films just because you want the other to do better. That’s just way immature.

I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to agree with annaborjack here…

Let’s not make Up the best Pixar movie ever… :angry:

:wink:

Let’s make it the Best Movie Ever! :mrgreen:

But yeah, this is a pretty pointless thread. I don’t think people will forget Toy Story 3 in favour of Up (In fact, the inverse may just happen, seeing TS3 will be released a year later). So your childhood dream is in no danger of being destroyed… :neutral_face:

Ahhh, the magic of mis-quotations. 8D

Sorry for being off-topic, but I had to do that.

[quote=“thedriveintheatre”]
I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to agree with annaborjack here…

Let’s not make Up the best Pixar movie ever… :angry:

:wink:

Let’s make it the Best Movie Ever! :mrgreen:

[quote]

When I first saw this thread that’s what I thought it was going to say. I was sadly mistaken.

I don’t even understand what the OP was trying to say.

Toy Story 3 will no doubt have tremendous hype and it’ll have to live up and stand by itself. But financially speaking to be the biggest Pixar film, nothing else stands a chance.

I’m sick of hearing “Pixar is declining” and the pressure of $$$, if Up made less than WALL-E, those “experts” and haters will be on holiday. I want to see Finding Nemo number again. With Up perhaps still not the right time but why not try our best, see if it can make more than WALL-E and Ratatouille, to build momentum and reinforce the Pixar brand?

It will only help TS3 if Up can become the biggest Pixar film so far.

Hey your right!

I know I’m not supposed to short posts but…

“We” cannot make any film “the best”. We can only make a film successful, Pixar will make the film awesome. I do not see this beating WALL-E in sheer classicness or beauty, but I’m also positive this will be a wonderful film. As several critics who have reviewed the movie have pointed out, it’s getting pointless to compare the Pixar films. They’re all great and choosing a favorite is often just a matter of taste.