"Up" referenced on The Simpsons

I just saw this on TV so I don’t have pictures or anything…

Basically, Lenny and Carl go on a chair strapped to balloons to do border patrol. They’re too light and they end up extremely high in the sky, freezing to death. As this happens, Carl’s house flies by, tied to balloons. :laughing:

I’ll get a picture soon.

haha the movie isn’t even out and there are already parodies out there! :laughing:

No doubt a funny joke by David Silverman, supervising Simpsons producer and one of the several directors on Monsters, Inc. before he left. .

This was mentioned on Wall-E Forum, and because I wanted to see it I tracked the episode down online.

Screencap time!

If you wanna watch, here you go. Carl’s house cameos at 16:35.

Wow! Really? I never thought I’d see a Pixar reference on the Simsons. But, I’ve actually never seen the simpsons in my whole life so…I guess I wouldn’t know what to expect anyway!

Now I think I might watch that episode JUST to see that part! XD

They did a Wall-E reference recently too, HelloDolly, so it’s not surprising.

Haha, that’s awesome! Great to know that even the people at The Simpsons are getting Up fever. :laughing:

That was totally wicked! Thanks for the info Bryko, and for the link, Castoro!
Way to go for creating awareness for Up! It would be cool if Carl and Co. made an appearance, but seeing the floating house cameo before the actual film’s release is cool enough as it is!
Everyone’s excited for Up! Homer voice Woo-Hoo! :smiley:

Really? Well, I wouldn’t know, I don’t watch the Simpsons. Hmm thats cool! I’m glad to hear it!

Guess I shoulda included a link.
youtube.com/watch?v=-c0GYZYyX-M

:unamused: They should have canceled the series years ago. :frowning:

Yeah, 20 or so years is too long. I never found the show very funny anyway.

Still, it’s nice they referenced Up.

I love The Simpsons. While the old episodes were better, these ones aren’t quite as bad as people are making them out to be. Still, they should stop taking tips from Family Guy, which is the most poorly animated, overrated, blunt, failing, unfunny, unclever sitcom ever.

Yup, saw that too. Can’t believe no one mentioned the obvious Ratatouille reference in one of those episodes though.

WDRB FTW!

my FOX station is WJBK

I just saw a promo for the Simpsons season finale yesterday and I believe this is the Up episode! :slight_smile: So any Aussies might want to tune in to Ten at 7:30 pm tonight to catch the cameo if you haven’t seen it before…

This will no doubt be an unintentional free publicity for Pixar seeing Up hasn’t been released here yet!

OH my god!!! Normally I don’t watch Simpsons much nowadays, but tuning in to the season finale yesterday was so worth it!

Besides the aforementioned cameo, guess who sponsored that episode?

:mrgreen:

That’s right, Disney/Pixar, promoting Up opening and closing ad break sponsor messages!

They also ran the TV spot, with a message promoting its ‘trip of a lifetime’ sweepstakes, with the first prize a tour of South America! How awesome! :smiley:

I think the marketing folks got smart this time, as not only are they targeting the kids and folks who like animation who watch Simpsons, but have also precisely booked the ad spot for this particular episode in which Carl’s house makes a cameo! Aids “customer retention”! Talk about perfect timing!

Ah… I wished I recorded that episode (but I don’t have a TV recorder… :frowning:). Any Aussies caught that and were lucky enough to have a copy?

P.S. They also ran TV spots for ‘Taking of Pelham 123’, another movie I’m looking forward to, but that’s another story…

Absolutely brilliant! Good on ya, Pixar!

It’s really cool!

I know, right? :smiley: It’s freakin’ awesome!

Darn. The latest seasons of The Simpsons kinda stink, but I wish I could have watched that one. Kinda neat how the tied in the reference to a competition and promotion of the film. Thanks for the description, Andre! :smiley:

WIN!

Lol.