Should I see it in 3D?

What dimension should I see Up in?

• Standard 2D
  • Disney Digital 3D

0 voters

I’m just wondering, a lot of people have been saying it seems dark and lacks its bright color in the 3D Version.

What version should I see it in, 2D, or DD3D?

I’ve been wondering the same. But to be honest I think that people in Pixar cared about this. It should look the same. In theory xDDDD

(I hope James Cameron uses a 3D that doesn’t makes that to the look of his film :laughing:)

I think you should see it in Disney Digital 3-D, it’s a better experience and you get teh Toy Story 3 trailer! :smiley:

Think of the 3-D as an added bonus. You won’t lose anything by not seeing it, but it’s a cool experience and I recommend taking advantage of it.

Hi; I’ve been lurking here, but this is my first post.

I saw Up in both 2D & 3D today, and I had a real problem with the 3D looking dim/murky, while the 2D was vivid and crisp and gorgeous. I had the same issue seeing Coraline, which was not Disney/Pixar, in 3D at the same theatre, with the same glasses, so I’m wondering if this is a case of different 3D formats out there, or just my theatre, or…?

Anyway, I loved Up!

Ultimately, it is up to you Buzz Lightyear. I saw it in 2 D because I always get sick when I watch stuff in 3D.

Watched it in 3-D. 3-D didn’t really catch my eye. And I felt dizzy for about thirty minutes afterwards. It’s your call, but watching things in 3-D for a long time tends to disorient me. Watching it in 2-D next time.

I say the 3-D made the film a lot better, but that’s just cause I like 3-D. If you’ve liked other animated films in 3-D than I think you should.

I don’t think the film needs the 3D, because the story is so strong.

Yeah, I saw both versions of Up, and I agree with you, the 2D is a crisper print. I saw Coraline in 3D just once and I haven’t seen it in 2D, so I can’t say anything about that, but that film’s not meant to be vivid.

And welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

It really should not matter, even it there is a slight difference in 2-D and 3-D (Besides the obvious difference of one being 3-D).
The movie will ultimately be amazing either way.

Exact same answer as karly05.

3D:
Pros: Gives you depth
Cons: You lose the vibrancy of the colors (since you’re basically wearing light grey glasses)

Normal:
Pros: Nice, bright, vivid colors
Cons: You lose the depth.

This isn’t a movie where 3D is really “necessary” to enjoy it. It’s very subtle (which honestly, is what I liked about the 3D – not gimmicky at all).

I’d suggest seeing it twice. Once in 3D, one in 2D.

But what I’m trying to say is, this is a movie where there’s no clear “way to see it”, so whatever way you saw it in had its strong points.

I think the 3D aspect of the film, especially when placed on the hands on Pixar, is a very powerful tool that could be manipulated into telling the story in an even greater manner. Ever since the dawn of movies, new tools were used in telling a story in a new manner, bringing us across various adventures in exciting ways we would never expect.

I myself love 3D movies. It is cool, it is fun, not necessary realistic contrary to common misconceptions. Nevertheless, I am interested in seeing how Pixar uses the 3D effects in raising the bars of story-telling, especially after how WALL-e totally blew me away (despite only perceiving its beauty after several viewing).

I saw it in both, you should too :smiling_imp: .

I would see it in 3d since it is Pixar’s first in 3d and it was originally made for 3d, but 2d is not less enjoyable.

I personally enjoyed the film more in 3-D, but that may be because the first time I saw the film it was 3D. It’s really up to you. 3-D adds an extra “Wow” Factor, but because the glasses are tinted with gray, it makes the colors less - Vived. You could see it in 2-D as well. Color is more vivd, but than your not seeing the film the way it was originally built for, and there’s no added Depth. It’s really your call.

See both if you can, but I personally think the 2D version is better because of the colors. The added depth with 3D isn’t quite as impacting as a stronger color scheme to me.

Most 3D movies are like that really. Plus, I prefer 2D. Although, I will see Toy Story 3 in 3D.

I say yes. I saw it in 3D, and it was gorgeous. The effects were very well done. Probably the best 3D shoe I’ve ever seen.

I think the 3D was a cheap add-on, it doesn’t add anything to the movie, it makes it darker, and the movie doesn’t warrant for any 3D at all. There’s not enough action segments to take advantage of it,