DisUPointing

Ok, I’m not sure if there are any other threads like this, but I’m going to say it. Does anyone know if Up will be released in 3D? I’m pretty sure it won’t be, since other movies in real D 3D like Bolt haven’t been released in 3D because it needs the special equipment.(Like the screens or the clear panels that go in front of the cameras.) I have been experimenting with 3D and 3D models, and I’ve noticed if you take Clear 3D glasses, not the real D or the anaglyph ones, but the clear ones can make some pictures, and movies 3D-ish. I was watching Ratatouille with them on, and his nose or the womens gun in the beginning pop out. But if they make all the movies in real D 3D, and its only available in 3D in theaters, then you won’t be able any of the movies in 3D at home until they find a way.

-Wolfy

Haha, wow… Misleading title… I was expecting you to rant about the film, or something like that.

As far as Up being in 3-D… I can tell you that Up is already presented in 3-D in most theaters… At least in the United States.

I mean on DVD. :wink:

I already saw it in 3D.

Oh, well I dunno then.
I’m guessing it MAY have a 3-D option on the DVD/Blu-Ray, not sure though… I’m assuming if it does at all it would just be those lame red and blue glasses then. Which is lame, but at least if it does have 3-D at all it would only be an option.

Well, on YouTube, there is a video of a guy that goes behind the scenes with that kind of 3D, it needs a special alluminum screen, and a clear panel to go in front of the projector. And the anaglyph(red/cyan) can damage your eyes if worn too long.

Unfortunately no televisions have the right kind of technology for this type of 3D, and it doesn’t look like they will anytime soon, but who knows what they’ll come up with in the future… For now I’m happy seeing it in 3D at the theatre and then buying the Blu-Ray.

It’s not shown in good picture quality in 3-D and the 2-D is gorgeous!!! I’ve seen the 2-D print twice.

I think the 3-D is really unneccessary, annoying, and distracting.

I thought 3-D was a cool touch. But then again, I haven’t seen it in 2-D yet.
But basically what I’m hearing from everyone is it’s better in 2-D… I REALLY want to see Up again, so I guess if I get the chance I’ll try seeing it in 2-D this time.

Seems like Pixar didn’t do a fine job of harnessing this fine piece of technology then. But then again, no 3-D films I know so far could use the 3D tech to tell the story effectively, so it couldn’t be helped.

Nevertheless, I’m still going to watch it in 3D. I have a feeling that it still won’t disappoint my expectation. It is Pixar, after all. Entertainment value all the way!

It is funny that you ask this today, because it seems that Coraline will be getting a 3D release on DVD and Blu-ray, which will include 3D glasses.

dvdtown.com/news/animation-f … ly-21/6691

:open_mouth: