Russell as an adult.

What do you think Russell would look like as an adult? I picture pretty much the same, except a bit thinner and taller.

I keep picturing this in my head:

[spoiler]It`s been about 30 years since Carl and Russell took their big adventure.

Russell is an adult, Carl, unfortunately, has passed away. Russell is married, with three kids of his own. Carl (age ten), Ellie (age nine), and Kevin (age eight) . Russell is a Wilderness Explorer Leader, and Carl and Ellie are Senior WEs, while Kevin is a Junior WE. (WE: Wilderness Explorer) Russell displays his WE sash and uniform when he isn`t using them.

One day, he walks in on his kids in the living room, staring up at a particular badge hung on the wall: The Ellie Badge! Kevin, always the curious one asks, “Daddy? Why do you have a bottle cap framed on the wall?”

Russell smiles and says, “You know, interesting little story about that soda cap! Sit down and I`ll tell you all about it!” All three plop down on the floor as Russell sits down in a chair, and tells the remarkable adventure he had, so long ago…

“It all began when was 8 years old, not much older than you, Kevin!,” Kevin perks up and beams. “The day I first met… Carl Fredericksen…”

Good news about Carl: He lived a great life, and got to see Russell get married and Carl II born (his “Grandson”). Besides I picture him living at least 90-100 years old.[/spoiler]

He’s probably secretly Peter Sohn. lol

Love that idea, Manegirl! That’s so sweet naming the kids Carl, Ellie, and Kevin!

That’s really sweet, and I think that Russell would definitely want to name his kids Carl, Ellie & Kevin. (I think Russell’s wife might like them spread out a bit, though. :wink: )

I see adult Russell as being medium/average height. I think he’ll always be “husky,” but more fit once he matures (lots of fresh air and Wilderness Exploring should do that for him).

is this the real spoiler from the movie coz i wanna read it badly.

No, no, no! I just made it up!

Wow, that is an awesome idea! I can deffinately see his kids named that, and I think you described it all perfectly!

You should write a fanfiction about that idea… :smiley:

i would love you if you did that. :smiley:

oh. :blush:

If Up started with [spoil]directly in the “present” without the Carl and Ellie growing-up montage[/spoil] that would be an excellent stand-in. I remember from a deleted scene for A Bug’s Life, they threw around the idea of starting the movie in a similar fashion to your story.

haha, you made me LOL!

That’s a beautiful idea. The characters in the Up universe are all so memorable and unique, I want to see more of them SO BAD. It’s nice to see people writing about stuff after the movie. I’d really love to see what happens between Carl and Russell after the movie, I love both of their characters so much.

Sequel time Pixar! You better be writing this down!
Just kidding.

I’d love a sequel. I think it’d be hard to come up with a good plot for it, but I want to see the new relationship between Carl and Russell SOOOOOOOOOO badly. I would love to see where Pixar would take it.

Nice, Manegirl! I like it!

But I don’t think Up needs a sequel. It is absolutely perfect on it’s own. I can’t imagine what the sequel could be about - Carl and Russell fly away in a house again? (Maybe Carl lives in a retirement home, and he gets bored of it and so he lifts the retirement home up with balloons and brings the other retired people along with him.) :laughing:

Oh, and by the way - will this adult Russell have a dog named Dug? (The same dog?)

Well, for the sequel, I think they could (actual movie spoilers) [spoil]have Carl and Russell take the W-E’s on a huge trip in the Spirit of Adventure, possibly back to Venezuela, to try and find Kevin again. As for what would happen there, I’d have to brainstorm about it. I can’t seem to think of anything that would work atm, but who knows, maybe they get stuck inside that labyrinth where Kevin lives, and most of the movie plays out there, that could be good.[/spoil]

not a bad idea ffdude1906,
i could see that happening1 :-D)

Thanks! I’ve thought about this kinda stuff before, so,… :stuck_out_tongue:

It could also be [spoil]kinda what this topic is about. It’ll be way in the future, Russell will be pretty old, say 30’s, 40’s, and finds the New Adventure Book, all the photos of the stuff he did with Carl, and it’d have little flashbacks, that all kind of build up to how Russell got to where he is, and of course, it’d have a really super-sad moment around Carl’s death (they would need a MOP for the row I have to myself for that part). It could be really touching that way, and it could be another way to reveal some more about Carl’s past, and more about Russell’s birth family.[/spoil]

Bah, I want more Up SO BAD!

I think Up as a film is so ideal, I don’t think I’d want to see them try a sequel. But I do think we need lots and lots of FANFIC! All the characters are just ripe for lots of ideas of what happened to them before and after and in between.

that idea would work [spoil]Peter Sohn could voice russell as a adult[/spoil]