The Ice Cream Parlor

Some people may know this already, but I didn’t! Fentons, the ice cream parlor where Carl and Russel go at the end of the movie, is a real ice creamery! A friend of mine in Oakland said that, [spoil]yes, there is a curve you can sit on and watch the cars go by, but it is not in the prosaic location in the movie.[/spoil] :slight_smile:

Edited for spoiler content. – Mitch

Wow really? Do you know where its located? I want to go and play that game! :smiley:

Fenton’s creamery has the best ice cream in the world!!!

[url]http://www.fentonscreamery.com/[/url]

this is disturbing yet awesome in so many ways. I want to have some of their ice cream now ; ;

I decided to celebrate after seeing the movie…by going to Fenton’s Creamery!

There was a newspaper article about how the lines at the ice-cream parlor have been out the door since the movie opened… I put the post in the “Articles/Links” Sticky section for Up, but since there’s already a thread about the ice-cream parlor, I’ll put the info here too I guess…

===

A real-life ice-cream parlor that has a cameo in “Up” now has a line out the door. This from yesterday’s Contra Costa Times:

contracostatimes.com/top-sto … ck_check=1

An excerpt from the article:
"The film’s director Pete Docter lives nearby and is a longtime Fenton’s customer. Groups of Pixar employees regularly frequent Fenton’s for lunch and special events. "

all these making me to go on for Rocky Road…lol :smiley::D:D

I wanna visit SO BAD now, that’d be so cool!

ffdude1906: you might be in a long queue. trust me.

Along with the Hidden City Cafe and Pixar’s old studio at Pt Richmond, we should add this place to the unofficial Pixar tour. Also, [spoil]Russell has a hamburger cake as one of his badges, which I think is a cake from Fenton’s[/spoil]…

Good idea, Rachel!!

Rachel, about your spoiler post,…

[spoil]I don’t think that was Fenton’s, it was a sit-down restaurant that John, Pete, Bob, and some others used to frequent for meetings and brainstorming stories (which makes me think it’s in or around Emeryville). I know that they used to buy the cake for some of the staff after their meetings since it was so unique[/spoil]

We should figure that out as well and add that spot to the trip. There’s also the house that inspired Carl’s house, sitting on like 10 feet of girders. This is kinda exciting talking about these trips and big plans! Maybe we could find a theater or something (hotel rec room for the ghetto version XD ) to rent out and play a Pixar Marathon if someone had access to a good DVD or BluRay projector. We could also have a fan gallery, collaborate on some fan projects, whatever.

interesting!

I’ll bet their stock has increased 160,000% :laughing:

Hehe, I’d imagine. It’s probably a really cool place for being so old. It’d be pretty cool to see an old-school creamery. Who wants to [spoil]count cars with me[/spoil]?

Heheh, that’s pretty interesting.

Once we get to Pixar, my sister and I intend to visit Fenton’s, [spoil]order chocolate and butter brinkle (or was it… brittle?), sit on a nearby curb, and count all the blue and red cars[/spoil]. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love how Pixar includes all of these in-jokes in their films, especially if the jokes themselves are actual locations. It makes their films all the more personal, if that makes any sense. :wink:

– Mitch

Mitch, I’m coming with you! We’ll do it together! Heck, if we work there, it can be a regular thing! Let’s do it! :smiley:

Let’s not forget [spoil]Merritt Bakery![/spoil]

“Butter Brickle” is the ice cream - I had to look it up, I didn’t know what it was. It’s apparently toffee ice cream with toffee bits. There used to be a Butter Brickle candy bar that was like a Heath Bar. Sounds good, but I gotta go with my old classic fave, chocolate chip. And I wanna count [spoil]the gray cars![/spoil] :laughing: