PIxar Grants Dying girl's Wish to See Up

I cried almost as much as I did at Up This is so cool that Pixar did this! God Bless her! [url]http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pixar-up-movie-2468059-home-show[/url]

Oh dear. She passed away just 7 hours after seeing the movie! This is so sad! :frowning:

:astonished: OMG that was so sweet and very very nice of Pixar! So she passed away happy. place smiley-tears emoticon here. I like how they said that for them the ballons in the film meant she’s going up to heaven. Yes, God bless her. :smiley:

Aw, that is so sweet and very sad! It’s a great thing Pixar did in making sure she was able to see the movie. Very touching! Sad that she died only 7 hours after watching Up. At least she got her dying wish.

Wow, that’s so touching… It’s amazing and so sweet of Pixar to grant her her one last wish.

May she R.I.P.

This happens every year with Pixar movies, and even to one of the most passionate of last years crop of Wall-E fans, clabot2700:

So he never saw the movie.

What an incredible story this is.

Of course, it stirs up some very mixed emotions. On the one hand, it’s great to see a company as huge as Pixar show such generosity and concern for one single person. We often think of companies of Pixar’s size as these big, impersonal entities interested in financial gain before all else. But it’s really touching when we’re reminded that, no, these companies are made up of real people, with very real feelings. It’s truly uplifting, seeing how many people came together to make Colby’s last day a special one.

But on the other hand, of course, it’s an incredibly somber story. That poor girl, and that poor family. They’re in my thoughts, and certainly will be the next time I visit Up.

Aw, that was so nice of Pixar, and such a bitter-sweet news story… RIP Colby. I’m sure she’s going on her own adventures in Heaven.

This is an absolutely touching article. It’s incredibly sad, but it’s great that she was able to see the movie. It was very, very kind for Pixar to give that gesture to her, even though she was too weak to watch the movie.

That was ever so sweet of Pixar, and yet so sad considering she passed away so soon after seeing Up. And considering what the film’s about, in a way it was quite an appropriate film…Sort of ironic, almost. I hope she rests in peace and I really feel for her family.

speechless T _ T in tears

Wow…this is why I love Pixar. Could you see Dreamworks doing something like this? (except for publicity)

I don’t think anyone would send a death wish to Dreamworks to begin with… lol

That’s so nice of Pixar. I hope she liked it. :slight_smile:

Rest In Peace.

Come on now, does this thread really need to collapse into the proverbial “Dreamworks vs. Pixar” discussion? Save that for somewhere else, please.

well i do hate dreamworks but this story is really :cry:

hey hey, people. If you want a Pixar vs Dreamworks discussion, make a thread.

this was very sad. ; ; Honestly stories like this really make me remember how much I take life for granted. This is proof that Pixar is really a wonderful group of people, and proof that your wishes can come true :3 I cried a little after reading about this…its so sobering.

May she rest in peace, and God bless her and her family.

This is one of the sweetest stories I’ve heard in a long time. I had a feeling that such a situation as this would arise eventually, and, lo and behold, it did. Such a beautiful story…

My condolences go out to the young girl’s family, and applause goes out to that individual at Pixar who made one more person smile.

– Mitch

They’d better make a movie about this.

~ Flare