Up UK Release Date Change!

Hi!

Dunno if this is new or not but still I’m pretty excited and thought it might be worth spreading the news!

I just noticed on IMDb that the UK release has been brought forward a week to the 9th October! Its not yet on the Wikipedia site so I thought maybe it had only just changed recently!

I know that its just a week but hey a weeks a week when your stuck here waiting and reading all the great reviews and the endless posts about Up, its just driving me mad!

So the sooner the better, and the sooner Disney Marketing realises this the better! Pixar films are Summer blockbusters not just stupid October half-term kiddie films!!!

It just annoys me SO much!!!

Anyway, good news for all of us in the UK if it is correct, false alarm if its not!

(Also the Toy Story re-release is the 2nd October, not sure if that includes Toy Story 2, but I’ll be first in line whatever the case is!)

Thanks for the information, ximonb! I really do hope that this is true, because, as you said, that’s one less week of waiting. And thanks for the date of the Toy Story re-release too- it confirms what Rachel was asking in another thread, whether the re-release is international, so that does seem to be the case.

October still feels like a long way away considering the heat waves we’re having now, but a week less waiting is better than nothing! I wonder if they’ve moved the release date to coincide with the schools’ half term? Since I don’t think the original release date was in half term, which was pretty stupid seeing as that’s blocking the key market from actually going to see Up.

I think October is gonna be officially ‘Pixar month’ for the Brits! :smiley: Good on youse!

This is good news indeed.

Now all we need to do is figure out some sort of special tribal dance, mixed with some voodoo…and we might be able to get the release date up to the end of July!

…It’s worth a shot

I know that TS is being released there to get things whipped up for TS3 on its way next year. And I guess that a non-peak time would be best for this release. I know Star Wars did an Episode 4-6 release, just before and perhaps during the early summer when Episode 1 was released. As far as I can remember, they did NOT release SW4 and SW5 (the first two movies actually) on the same week. So is this why the October slot was chosen? To avoid competition with any screen-hog blockbusters? (Last year Wall-E was released a few weeks after the opening in the U.S., and it was Australia that had a late summer opening. Only Japan had a really late opening and there were well known reasons for this.)

But now with Up, these openings are smeared out even further. So why is the British opening so late? Is it because of the TS slots? Are they expecting them to play thru the entire holidays? Britain will be the 2nd biggest market for this movie, Up.

From what I’ve heard is, that in the U.S., TS2 will be released in mid February, a safe slot, and actually good because it immediately precedes the Academy Awards and lots of promotional tie ins. Can’t say anything for what is happening overseas tho…