Up Singapore Release Date Changed... TOO!

Congrats, fellow Singaporeans, as…

You get to watch Up on August 6th! Not September 3rd! Woo hoo! 1 freaking month earlier! TIME TO SAVE UP SOME MONEY! :laughing:

Hoo! Man. Never been so glad in my life.

~ Flare

Holy crap, that’s amazing! That’s 4 days after my b-day, and that’s ON my brother’s b-day! Our gift to you for our birthday? We get to share the Up! :smiley:

That’s really awesome, I’m really glad for you. :slight_smile:

[quote="ffdude1906":1qfylez7]Our gift to you for our birthday? We get to share the Up! :D[/quote:1qfylez7]
Come here and watch the movie on the opening day with me! :D

[quote="ffdude1906":1qfylez7]That’s really awesome, I’m really glad for you. :)[/quote:1qfylez7]
Thanks! :)

Looks like I have to save up sooner… :-\

~ Flare

Lol, I wish. A trip to Singapore is a bit out of my reach, especially if I’m going to Indiana and California before the end of the year. That’s great though, nice to see some good fortune going your way! :smiley:

Holy crap, where did you hear this? :open_mouth: Well, I guess this was to make up for the postponement of the original July release like Australia.
Maybe I should catch a plane back and watch it at the Grand Cathay or GV Vivocity on their ‘GMax’ screens. Consider yourself lucky, Singapore residents! :angry:

I first saw it on the Cathay website, in the ‘upcoming movies’ section. I had thought it was a mistake at first, so I didn’t got over the head for it at first… till I checked IMDB. :open_mouth:

I always felt that Golden Village are the ‘Micheal Bays’ of Singapore - shallow money makers. :confused: That’s why I always support Cathay. :wink:

I know, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare

Awesome! :smiley:

Now if only the Aussie release date could get changed. checks Nope, still September 3rd.

Yea, it’s weird. I had thought that Singapore and Malaysia’s release dates were September 3rd - didn’t really see Australia’s release date as September 3rd till today. :confused: Also, Malaysia was also removed from the list of release dates for Up:open_mouth: Oh, no, thedriveintheater!

What’cha gonna doooo when Up’s not there? What I wouldn’t give to read your mind… :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare

Well, that sucks. In cheesy video game narrator voice “Game over. You lose. Better luck next time!” :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought of Cathay as ‘cleaner’ and more inviting than GV, dunno why, maybe because Cathay looks more minimalist and modern with their tiled floors and simple lobbies while GV’s is all carpeted and ‘stuffy’. My top three cinemas are The Grand Cathay (nice art deco front, and the best screen and speakers), Cathay Cineleisure (with their posters all wallpapering the entire mall, laugh out loud!) and GV Vivo as third (only because I like their location, Vivocity and their GMax screen).

As for Malaysia release date, I don’t have to worry about it, since I’ll probably still be in Sydney come September. I pity any M’sian fans, though, if it indeed does not get a theatrical run (not that they go to the movies much anyway, the illegal pirate DVDs at the night market are all too-tempting).

And here was me jumping for joy just because the UK release date seems to have been moved forward a week. To October 3rd. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’m definitely pleased for all Singaporean Pixar fans! :smiley: If only the cost of a flight to Singapore just to see Up could be justified. :laughing:

[quote="lizardgirl":260zlqd3]If only the cost of a flight to Singapore just to see [i:260zlqd3]Up[/i:260zlqd3] could be justified. :lol:[/quote:260zlqd3]
Just as I had hoped for a flight to America just to catch [i:260zlqd3]Up[/i:260zlqd3] at the official US premier to be justified. ;)

No fun watching it on an international premier date. :-\

~ Flare

I went to America from Japan to watch UP. I flew in the Bay Area on Memorial Day and I left June 11th. I haven’t been back to America since 2004 so I was due UP and visit northern California again. It was definitely worth it. The movie was great, but the adventure was more rewarding. I saw Japanese gypsies at Ueno Park in Tokyo, people were wearing masks so they don’t get H1n1 virus on the plane, and I saw cleavage – toe cleavage I mean. Awesome adventure, I tell you. I might go next year to Northern Cal and watch the premiere of TS3.

In Japan UP will be in theaters December 5, 2009.

Thanks for making me jealous… even more than I was before. :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare

Dragon of Omnipotency

I got sick and tired of being sick and tired of watching Pixar films in December ie. WALL-E and this years UP, so I just bought an airline ticket and went.

Rey - If you’re going to fly to Northern Cali from Japan you may as well go see it at Pixar next time! Or did you see it at Pixar???

Good for you, lizardgirl! But I’m afraid the Aussies and S’poreans get it earlier than ya, nyah-nyah! ;-p

Rey- Wow, talk about proactiveness! That’s the one disadvantage if I ever live in Japan, Pixar movies take ages to arrive! :frowning:
Yeah, you should take Rachel’s suggestion and go see it at Pixar HQ (though, I’m not sure, do they sell tickets to the public? :question:).

rachelcakes1985 and thedriveintheatre

That’s a great idea. If I pay all that money I should try to watch TS3 at Pixar.
I watched UP in 3D in Silicon Valley somewhere. I was staying south of Pixar Studios.

How about all the Pixar fans outside of the US get free movie tickets and watch the world premiere of Pixar films at Pixar studios? I’m sure a lot of Japanese tourists would like a package tour of Pixar studios and watch the latest film there.

Even though Pixar says it’s a “closed studio” there are several ways of getting in for an advanced screening of the latest Pixar film. I mean, need I say more? From memory they have one family and friends screening, then they also have a charity screening (both of them are before the film has even been released) run by Pixar’s Emery Ed Fund charity. I think tickets are a few hundred US dollars, but if you’re going to pay to fly there then a few more hundred wouldn’t hurt to visit the Holy Grail of Pixar sites.

rachelcakes1985 wrote

I’m sold. Sign me up for next year. Here I go again.

Cool! Make sure to create a thread about your trip next year. I’d love to read it.