Up's DVD Release Dates (US & International)

Though UP is still in theatres in the US (and going strong… just broke US$250 million yesterday), and of course, it has yet to come out yet in many territories from Australia to the UK, I thought it was time to start a thread to discuss news on Up’s DVD releases, as the dates trickle in for various territories.

No official news for the US yet that I’ve been able to find (it’s still #4 at the box office, and at least until some other movies catch up, is the highest-grossing movie of the year, and still going strong).

But I was surprised to see on Amazon France’s page tonight that there are two different dates listed for Up’s DVD release (for DVD and BluRay) – and that for some reason, the BluRay is listed as coming out 3 months before the normal DVD. Perhaps these are just temporary dates? But Amazon France has UP (“Le Haut”) coming out on BluRay on Nov 29th 2009:
amazon.fr/L%C3%A0-haut-Blu-r … 252&sr=8-2
But the “normal” DVD not coming out until January 29th, 2010:
amazon.fr/L%C3%A0-haut-Bob-P … 17&sr=8-13

Of course Up won’t even be out in theatres in France until July 29th, but the discrepancy of having the bluray come out first is baffling (unless the dates were later changed, and only one actually got changed in the listings).

Hmm, seems a bit odd, but that’s really cool! I can’t wait to get my hands on this, so excited.

Ugh, I hope not…this would force me to get a Blu-Ray player. :frowning:

I’d say it’s a safe bet that Up will be out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the US some time in November (they always get these out in time for the big Christmas shopping season). I’m going to bet my nickel on November 17. We’ll see. (And I think in the US releases, DVD and Blu Ray usually come out at the same time.)

If it is the case that the Blu-ray comes out before the normal DVD, perhaps it’s just a big push on Blu-ray sales? It seems unlikely but you never know.

I have recently just bought a Blu-ray player and love it (although so far my only disk is Ratatouille) but if this is true it’s awfully unfair to those who don’t have one. I remember getting cheated out of a decent Cars/Ratatouille release and I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else.

Up should be out in November…it’s possible that the Blu-ray could come first (they are releasing the Snow White blu before the DVD)…

Amazon should be taken with a grain of salt for now. They said a game that is coming out October 12th would be out at the end of the year before we had a real release date.

What was wrong with this topic?