Inside the art of Up

allocine.fr/video/player_gen … 03842.html

This was posted on twitter, and it’s an excellent view of some behind the scenes stuff. For the most part, nothing is spoiled, so it should be fine to watch for those who haven’t seen it yet.

Man, I really wanna meet Pete.

Oh, and watch for the insanity at the end! One of the coolest things ever, I gotta work for Pixar someday.

[spoil]I saw that at my local Borders the other day!

I immediately stopped in my tracks (while a non attentive store-goer accidentally ran into me, yikes), ran over to it, picked it up, looked through it, and instantly wanted it…then I saw the forty dollar price tag…yikes. It certainly looks worth it, but I need to raise money for the movie itself at the moment.

Nevertheless, I’m going to have to find some way to obtain that book.[/spoil]

EDIT:
^The link didn’t work for me last night, and I thought this was discussing the book…xD My bad.

But that’s some great insight there! Nice find.

ffdude, that is an awesome video! Thanks for posting the link! Lots of interesting information, and Pete & Jonas were fun. I also watched the French trailer - I hope we get some foreign language tracks on the home release. I see they have some more trailers and videos on that site; I’ll have to go back and watch some more.

Nice video! Great insight into their concept art. I assume the concept art for Up will eventually go display outside Pixar, like the others.

love their “offices” hehe. Its awesome. Great vid too, the art was fantastic. :astonished:

Surprisingly enough, there’s a lot in the video that didn’t make it into the book. Regardless, the video and the book are both incredible, there’s some really interesting stuff in there, and the book has a lot of backstory on influences, concepts, and story development. Really cool stuff, and it’s really moving as well. Get’s ya thinking.

There’s also a gorgeous tribute to Joe Ranft towards the back of the book. It’s very touching.

They’re always $26 on Amazon, and you get free S&H too since it’s over $25.

I want the book :smiley: looks really interesting though some of the early sketches seem like totally different characters.