Pixar Planet

Talk about Pixar's Up here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby 1986 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Is Up the greatest movie of the year? Of all time?!
I say yes to the first, but no to the second. What do you guys think? Is Up number one?
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby Bryko614 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:55 pm

I say it's the best of all time. Even if there are some minor, minor nitpicks I have, the fantastic story completely cancels out any cons. 10/10
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby karly05 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 pm

It ranks very very high on my list. I don't see enough movies in general to say if it's the best of the year, but I'm certain it will be on numerous year-end lists and by golly, if the Oscars don't give it a real Best Picture nomination, then there was no point at all in them going to 10 nominees.

Best testimony I can give is that I saw it 8 times in the theatre, and I can't remember how many years it's been since I did that with a movie!
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby Majesticstorm » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 pm

Agreed I've seen it twice in theaters, which is a lot since I rarely watch anything once in theaters. :P .

Probably #1 on my list.
Majesticstorm
Shark Bait

Postby DocKenobi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:05 am

Of the movies. I've seen this year, Up was the best, by far actually. Still haven't seen District 9, though. Is it the best ever? No, I'd say that's Star Wars, but there are alot of other movies I can think of that are better than Up.It's an outstanding movie, but it's not the best.
"I think water is really hard to do in computer animation."
"I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you."
"Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan, and told me if I didn't ask Loraine to the dance then he'd melt my brain."
DocKenobi
Toy Collector

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:25 am

I, for one, have seen District 9, and I can vouch that Up just beats it by a bit in my books. "Best film ever" is a relative term, since we all have our "ultimate favourite" pick (Mine happens to be Speed, yes, it's a guilty pleasure. :P).

But even as a general consensus, I think Up is not the greatest, though it comes pretty close (both as an animation and against live-action contenders). Of the year, yes, as of now, a most unanimous yes for me. Summer movies have been absolutely disappointing so far, so this was a shoo-in. We'll have to see for later fall and winter Oscar contenders, but I'm sure Up will win 'Best Animated Ghetto' category again next year. I'm just hoping the Academy nominates it for Best Pic to make up for Wall-E's snub this year. :x

And for an idea of how highly I think of it (as I've mentioned before in another thread), it ranks second on my list of Pixar films. :)
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby wannabechef91 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:43 am

I dunno if I wanna kick The Sound Of Music from my #1 list. Should I or shouldn't?
But...Up has been my #1 Pixar movie (official) of all time, yet.
Sorry Bard Bird, I really, really sorry. Ratatouille was awesome, but Up touched my heart.
Kudos to Pete & the Gang.
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 am

I still like Star Trek better than Up, and District 9 blows both of them away in sheer originality, drama, and perhaps even screenplay. Still, being #3 isn't so bad, and perhaps it will hold with the remaining 4 months to go.
DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver
Toy Collector

Postby lizardgirl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm sure Up will be my favourite film of the year. :lol: But as for all time, no. For me personally, that isn't even a Pixar film!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Rare Addict » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:24 pm

As far as this year goes, I still prefer Coraline, District 9, and Inglourious Basterds over Up. However, these are all among the relatively few films that I've given a 10/10, and would likely rank somewhere in my Top 15 of all time (which is amazing to me, considering that they're all obviously from this year alone). In terms of Pixar films, Up would have to be my third favorite, just below Wall-E and The Incredibles. ;)
Last edited by Rare Addict on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rare Addict
Shark Bait

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Well, everyone's opinion varys. I am no different. For example, I think Up would fall in the top 5 for me this year. But it will never be number one. (Those who know me probably know what my number 1 movie is) :wink:
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Mykonos_Fan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 am

UP kicked the Incredibles down a notch on my list, and secured #1 on my all-time favorites list, whether it be just Pixar or movies in general.
UP Count (Start Date: May 29th, 2009; 7:15 P.M.): Theaters: 1 BD-DVD: 9 Total: 10Image
Mykonos_Fan
Mutant Toy

Postby St_Jons » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 pm

I've only seen up once so far, being that i am in the UK and it isn't released untill october, but i loved it. Untill i see it again i cannot decide if it ranks higher then inglorious basterds for the year as i really love that film. Coraline was also fantastic.

I don't really have a favourite film of all time, i would probably put Wall-e above Up though... i think its about time i make a list of my favourite films 8)
You can be so selfish, can't you see that i'm doing this for me!
St_Jons
Mutant Toy

Re: #1

Postby mahi01 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:13 am

enter avg retail activation code to install and activate your avg antivirus software instantly.avg.com/retail to download avg visit :Install Antivirus in Minutes on protects forever. avg activation code After purchasing AVG Antivirus users need to open on the browser.
Avg is a well-known in the protection fields in the software world. The reason behind that it is commonly used among various users its is the tool against the malwares and viruses.install avg with licence number It scans for virus and malware. to install click here : Download and install avg.com/retail by visiting & use avg activation code to activate avg.avg retail activation Steps to install avg with license number.,
mahi01
Master Scarer

Re: #1

Postby mahi01 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:14 am

AVG Retail is the best Antivirus programming which is accessible on gives the total suite of highlights which can verify your computerized on the web avg.com/registration and disconnected work of the framework or gadgets,AVG AntiVirus is designed to keep critical data and files safe, private, activate avg installation setup and out of the hands of hackers.
Visit and enter avg retail activation code to install and activate download and install avg ultimate your avg antivirus software instantly,Avg is a well-known in the protection fields in the software world. The reason behind that it is commonly used among various users its is the tool against the malwares and viruses. It scans for virus and malware. avg ultimate activation Steps to Download, Install & Activate AVG Retail antivirus to safeguard your computer and other devices from online Trojan risk, cyber threats.
mahi01
Master Scarer

Next

Return to Up