Is Up the greatest movie of the year? Of all time?!
I say yes to the first, but no to the second. What do you guys think? Is Up number one?

I say it’s the best of all time. Even if there are some minor, minor nitpicks I have, the fantastic story completely cancels out any cons. 10/10

It ranks very very high on my list. I don’t see enough movies in general to say if it’s the best of the year, but I’m certain it will be on numerous year-end lists and by golly, if the Oscars don’t give it a real Best Picture nomination, then there was no point at all in them going to 10 nominees.

Best testimony I can give is that I saw it 8 times in the theatre, and I can’t remember how many years it’s been since I did that with a movie!

Agreed I’ve seen it twice in theaters, which is a lot since I rarely watch anything once in theaters. :stuck_out_tongue: .

Probably #1 on my list.

Of the movies. I’ve seen this year, Up was the best, by far actually. Still haven’t seen District 9, though. Is it the best ever? No, I’d say that’s Star Wars, but there are alot of other movies I can think of that are better than Up.It’s an outstanding movie, but it’s not the best.

I, for one, have seen District 9, and I can vouch that Up just beats it by a bit in my books. “Best film ever” is a relative term, since we all have our “ultimate favourite” pick (Mine happens to be Speed, yes, it’s a guilty pleasure. :stuck_out_tongue:).

But even as a general consensus, I think Up is not the greatest, though it comes pretty close (both as an animation and against live-action contenders). Of the year, yes, as of now, a most unanimous yes for me. Summer movies have been absolutely disappointing so far, so this was a shoo-in. We’ll have to see for later fall and winter Oscar contenders, but I’m sure Up will win ‘Best Animated Ghetto’ category again next year. I’m just hoping the Academy nominates it for Best Pic to make up for Wall-E’s snub this year. :angry:

And for an idea of how highly I think of it (as I’ve mentioned before in another thread), it ranks second on my list of Pixar films. :slight_smile:

I dunno if I wanna kick The Sound Of Music from my #1 list. Should I or shouldn’t?
But…Up has been my #1 Pixar movie (official) of all time, yet.
Sorry Bard Bird, I really, really sorry. Ratatouille was awesome, but Up touched my heart.
Kudos to Pete & the Gang.

I still like Star Trek better than Up, and District 9 blows both of them away in sheer originality, drama, and perhaps even screenplay. Still, being #3 isn’t so bad, and perhaps it will hold with the remaining 4 months to go.

I’m sure Up will be my favourite film of the year. :laughing: But as for all time, no. For me personally, that isn’t even a Pixar film!

As far as this year goes, I still prefer Coraline, District 9, and Inglourious Basterds over Up. However, these are all among the relatively few films that I’ve given a 10/10, and would likely rank somewhere in my Top 15 of all time (which is amazing to me, considering that they’re all obviously from this year alone). In terms of Pixar films, Up would have to be my third favorite, just below Wall-E and The Incredibles. :wink:

Well, everyone’s opinion varys. I am no different. For example, I think Up would fall in the top 5 for me this year. But it will never be number one. (Those who know me probably know what my number 1 movie is) :wink:

UP kicked the Incredibles down a notch on my list, and secured #1 on my all-time favorites list, whether it be just Pixar or movies in general.

I’ve only seen up once so far, being that i am in the UK and it isn’t released untill october, but i loved it. Untill i see it again i cannot decide if it ranks higher then inglorious basterds for the year as i really love that film. Coraline was also fantastic.

I don’t really have a favourite film of all time, i would probably put Wall-e above Up though… i think its about time i make a list of my favourite films :sunglasses: