The 22nd Tokyo International Film Festival

Sunday is my day off from work. I’ll try to go, but I’ve already seen it in the states.

I love that line, describes Up perfectly… :slight_smile:

Here’s an updated website for UP at TIFF.
tiff-jp.net/en/lineup/works.php?id=74

UP or カールじいさんの空飛ぶ家(Grandfather or Grandpa Carl’s Flying House) will be shown Sunday, October 25th 2:00pm. The tickets cost 2000yen and they will start selling them tomorrow October 3rd.

Here’s a write up of TIFF from the Japan Times.
search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ … 02r1.html#

AAH! It’s the Japanese trailer of spoilerdom! That trailer is sooooooo amazing, seriously, one of the most gorgeous advertisements of all time.

This is really cool, I love how much attention this is getting! I think everyone would be doing themselves a favor going out to see this movie. It’s just so incredible!

Good luck getting in Rey and thanks again for the info! :wink:

I thought the Japanese trailer was going to practically go through the whole movie, lol. But this has more of an emphasis on [spoil]Carl’s love and determination to fulfill Ellie’s wish, rather than the adventure-y tone of the US trailer.[/spoil] Not saying one is better than the other, but the Japanese versions of trailers are always different than the US ones.

Can anyone translate the Japanese trailer, pretty please? :wink: I think I heard “love” in there somewhere, but that’s about the extent of my Japanese vocabulary.

This is a straight translation of UP trailer video from TIFF.
Opening narration: [spoil]I met you in this house. I promised you in this house. I swore love to you in this house. I dreamed with you in this house. We’re getting old in this house. Then one day I was alone in this house.[/spoil]

Closing narration:[spoil] I met you in this house. I lost you in this house, so I’m going to see with this house[/spoil].

I need some help with the translation because I’ve lived too long in Japan and I’ve forgotten some English. The last sentence doesn’t feel right [spoil]“…so I’m going to see you with this house.” [/spoil]

Oh wow, that’s crazy. Japan’s getting a lot of the big stuff in their previews, I’m wondering how they’ll take the movie with that much revealed! I honestly can’t believe how much they’ve seen already, seems like it would take away a lot from the film (well, sorta, the film is so strong already, it wouldn’t necessarily matter)

Thanks for the translation Rey, that’s really cool.