Up/Pixar Goodies for Daily Mail Readers

So, I was reading the paper yesterday and came across something great for all UK Pixar fans! In the Daily Mail, there are these token things that you collect in order to get some pretty cool stuff. There are different ‘packages’, but the entire thing is made up of a Pixar USB stick, an Up poster, and a DVD “packed with 80 minutes of amazing content, including a preview of Up and behind-the-scenes featurettes. Plus, take a special look at all ten of Pixar’s previous movies, presented by John Lasseter. If that isn’t enough, you will also get a first look at next year’s Toy Story 3.”

So to get the “limited edition bumper pack”, you have to collect three differently dated tokens from the Daily Mail that are being printed this week and send a checque for £9.99 payable to ‘Daily Mail’ to-

UP Preview DVD, PO Box 5003, Dept Up 3, Alton, Hants GU34 9DA

You’ll have to be quick as in order to collect enough tokens, you have to buy today’s, tomorrow’s and Friday’s papers. Or alternatively you can just order off the link below. I’ll definitely be ordering a bumper pack for myself! I’ll let you know what it’s like when it arrives.

EDIT: Here’s the link to all of the goodies- Up Gift Pack

WHAT?! That’s awesome! Someone needs to rip that and show me! Darn UK getting stuff I can’t get. :frowning:

That sounds awesome. Does it have a picture of the USB stick? Is it just a regular one with the Pixar logo on it? That’d still be cool. Plus, that DVD sounds cool. TS3 preview? If it’s just the trailer, then I don’t really mind, but if it’s the clip shown at Venice then someone needs to put it online. Also, does it say anything about the poster dimensions? I know I’m asking a lot of questions. :stuck_out_tongue:

wow i want this :sunglasses: .

I second that ffdude.

ffdude1906- Haha, isn’t that more like, ‘darn UK getting stuff I can’t get- aside from the actual Pixar movie itself which they have to wait a billion years for’? :laughing:

Bryko614- Well, now I’ve actually followed the link that’s given in the original article, I’ve discovered that there’s even more to it! There’s also a sticker book and stickers, video player and voice recorder!

Here’s the link if you guys want to take a look- Up Gift Pack

I’m ordering mine now! Didn’t realise that you didn’t need to do the whole vouchers thing. This is a lot simpler!

:open_mouth: That’s just too awesome. Do you have to pick between them? I’d go for 3 or 4.

Bryko614- At first I thought you had to choose between each one, but for £9.99 you get the whole pack, so everything shown on there. Thank goodness for that, because I wouldn’t have been able to choose! :laughing:

lizardgirl Yeah, it stinks that you guys are having to wait so long, but it’s just a week and a half left! I can’t wait to hear what you guys think! AAH! I’m so excited for you! :wink:

I love the trailer on that page, it’s better than the U.S. ones. (what the heck is with the sound it makes when Russell pokes Carl in the face? I laughed SO HARD!) You’re seriously in for an amazing film, AAH!

I think the Daily Mail has done the best Up print promotion ever… it sounds really cool! I wouldn’t mind tagging along with a Up USB stick. :wink:

All of it looks so good! Well, the USB stick looks a little weird, but the video player… wants Thanks lizardgirl!

I want. ALL. THAT. SWAG. I’m with rachel though, the USB sticks look kinda funny. Very awesome though. drool

Holly Ellie! :smiley: You Brits are so lucky! I like Gift Pack 3 (and would be satisfied with just that, really). But wowzers, what I would give to be in the UK right now!

I’d admit, the whole ‘collecting the tokens’ thing was a bit deceptive on The Daily Mail’s part. I mean, maybe if you collected all the tokens and mailed it in to redeem a gift pack free… but to pay the £9.99 anyway is a rip-off… :laughing:

And the custom-Brit trailer is the best one I’ve seen, a good mix between revealing stuff and keeping others secret (not as cryptic as the U.S., and not as spoilerific as the Japanese). :smiley:

Oh, and thanks for sharing this with us, lizardgirl!

I would love to have collected these things, if it wasn’t The Daily Mail who were doing the deal. Unfortunately, I dislike that newspaper a bit too much to purchase it. Despite how tempting Pixar swag can be.

You watch, in a few weeks time they’ll be talking about how UP has inspired illegal immigrants to get into the country in imaginative new ways :laughing:

You don’t have to. Read the T&C in the link lizardgirl provided. :wink:

Haha, Mark-E, I do understand where you’re coming from. But the Daily Mail is so much fun to read! It’s might as well be called, “101 Ways To The End Of Human Civilisation”. But yes, as thedriveintheatre pointed out, you don’t actually have to buy the paper to get the stuff. Fortunately. :laughing:

I understand how pessimistic tabloid papers can be. They thrive on sensationalism and the misery of others…

Haha, good one! :laughing:

Only one more week to takeoff, tea-sipping scone-munchers! :smiley:

Well, after a lot of waiting and thinking that it would never come…I finally got the Up goodies through the post today! Definitely an early Christmas present. I’ll take a photo and put it up here soon.

Nice, looking forward to seeing the picture!

The website is still up btw, I just ordered it :smiley: ! Even although I’m in the Netherlands it let me order it. I’ll just wait and see if it works out, otherwise i’ll just ask for my money back.