Getting All The Badges?

Just a very quick and rather unimportant question, but you know the bit at the end where [spoil]Russell gets his ‘assisting the elderly’ badge and therefore gets promoted to Senior Explorer, I think it is, I noticed that the other kids also getting promoted hadn’t collected anywhere near as many badges as Russell. Just wondering about an explanation for this, as it seems to imply that it isn’t the number of badges but something else that causes a Wilderness Explorer to get promoted.[/spoil]

Any ideas?

My guess is that Russell [spoil]didn’t want to become a Senior Wilderness Explorer unless he got ALL the badges, even if they only require 10 badges or so. [/spoil](I’ve been know to do stuff like that, but in different context, obviously.) That’s the only thing I could think of, but it seems like it could work, especially considering [spoil]how much Russell is longing for a father figure, he’s trying to impress him.[/spoil]

Ah yes, that would make sense ffdude1906. Haha, I’d do the same too- it’s that perfectionist mentality! :laughing: Well, very interesting of Pixar to slip that in if that is the case, as you said it highlights just how much [spoil]Russell wants to impress his father.[/spoil]