Pixar Planet

Your Silly "Up" Related Stories!

Talk about Pixar's Up here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Your Silly "Up" Related Stories!

Postby Netbug009 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:13 am

Anybody have some fun stories of Up invading their every day lives?

Today, I was at the grocery store grabbing some milk, and... well, I have this habit of saying quotes to myself sometimes from movies I've seen recently/loved, and without even realized it, this happened. (Spoilers for Dug's Special Mission.)

[spoil]*sticks her head into the freezer* "NOW I AM GOING DOWN THE HOLE" *has head in freezer* "IT IS DARK IN THE HOLE. HEY, MY PACK IS IN THE HOLE TOO!"[/spoil]

When I got my milk and closed the freezer door, I saw this lady looking at me like I was totally nuts. xD
WALL-E Count: 46
JESUS IS LORD!
Netbug009
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ffdude1906 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:44 am

Where do I begin. I spout Up quotes on a sickeningly frequent basis. Especially tonight, 2 of my co-workers saw it for the first time, and one of them was intermittently saying SQUIRREL throughout the night. Had some major laughs about that. Yeah, Up invades my life at least hourly. Love it. Some of my friends tease me about my obsession, uttering Adventure is out there on a random basis when it doesn't make sense. Not much besides that with them though.
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Bryko614 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 am

Well, there's this kid at my school who quotes animated movies all the time for some reason, and he says a lot of Up stuff. It kind of bugs me since I actually know why he talks like that and everyone else is just like "what the heck".
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby little_chef_eva09 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:01 pm

I know I've probably mentioned this before, but way back when the teaser trailers for Up were coming out, I had my mom give them a watch, and as we were watching them she bursts out laughing and says, "Oh my goodness...... that old man is so my dad!" [My grandfather] I looked again, and I'm like wtf...... the resemblance couldn't be more incredible, even the mannerisms and demeanor, and the way he cracks jokes and stuff.... guys, you have absolutely no idea how much Carl is my grandfather.

Anyhow, we decided to take my grandparents to the movies with us the first time we went to see Up, cuz we had showed them some of the teasers and vignettes and they thought it was a cute movie and stuff. Turns out, they absolutely loved it! :D (And they were sitting a row behind us, and when Carl says "Oh, for the love of Pete," the entire back row where they were sitting erupted in laughter..... my grandfather goes by the name Pete!!!!! :shock:)

When we were walking out of the cinema, there was this young woman kind of watching us walk by, and when we passed her I heard her tell her friend, "Omigod.... did you see that old man? [I KNEW she was referring to my grampy] He looked just like that old man from Up!" :laugh:

Totally made my whole night.

little chef
// Find me on: deviantART // Twitter // Tumblr //
little_chef_eva09
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby 1986 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 am

A couple days after Up came out and I had bought it, I was looking at copies of it at a Wal-mart. A woman with an older daughter and a younger daughter saw it in the "new" section.
Mom: Oh my God! It's Up!
Older girl: I didn't know it was out yet!
(Blabber about how great the movie was, et cetera)
Mom: There's no choice...we're getting this right now!
(They all walk happily away with a copy)
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby lizardgirl » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:41 pm

On the aeroplane to Thailand, I started using this on-board entertainment system the planes had, where you can choose to watch a movie from a selection. And what did I find there? :lol: Of course, I couldn't resist.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby ffdude1906 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:17 pm

1986 wrote:A couple days after Up came out and I had bought it, I was looking at copies of it at a Wal-mart. A woman with an older daughter and a younger daughter saw it in the "new" section.
Mom: Oh my God! It's Up!
Older girl: I didn't know it was out yet!
(Blabber about how great the movie was, et cetera)
Mom: There's no choice...we're getting this right now!
(They all walk happily away with a copy)

Epic smile on my face right now.
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:09 pm

You know, my mom is like a typical mom. She likes putting me to shame. :lol:

So, I went to the photographer for some ID thingies, and I wouldn't smile. So the photo lady said: 'think of your boyfriend,' Of course, I denied it, but then my mom said 'just think of Russell,' IN FRONT OF THE PHOTO LADY.

xD I was so ashamed. Mostly because I don't like to admit I love a fictional character a bit too much...
Badger
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Netbug009 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:09 pm

I once heard somebody yell "SQUIRREL!" while in Target. I got to talk to them about the movie for a bit. xD
WALL-E Count: 46
JESUS IS LORD!
Netbug009
AXIOM Crewmember

SQUIRREL!!

Postby leaping lamp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 am

little_chef_eva09 wrote:When we were walking out of the cinema, there was this young woman kind of watching us walk by, and when we passed her I heard her tell her friend, "Omigod.... did you see that old man? [I KNEW she was referring to my grampy] He looked just like that old man from Up!" :laugh:

Totally made my whole night.

little chef

That is SUCH a great story! There's an old man who works in the historical theater in my town and he sometimes dresses up like Carl and looks just like him. During a community festival, he walked around for photos and carried a bunch of colorful balloons; he was great!

Often times when I'm out with my son at a park, we'll yell out SQUIRREL! whenever we see one. I think that's one of the biggest influences Up has had on many people. 8D
leaping lamp
Ant

Postby little_chef_eva09 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:12 am

leaping lamp: Haha, yeah, I still tell that story to people all the time. :lol: We've even recently started referring to my grandfather as "Grampy Carl", and my mom claims she's going to buy him a pair of glasses frames that are square and thick so we can take pics of him in them. (She wants me to put the picture in b/w, juxtaposed with a picture of Carl, also in b/w, so we can frame it. xDD)

little chef
// Find me on: deviantART // Twitter // Tumblr //
little_chef_eva09
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sorastitch » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Don't really have any...
Sorastitch
Shark Bait

Postby Pixar Builder » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:49 am

Last June, one of the last assignments that I was required to do for my high school english class was to reflect on everything we learned over the last 18 years and pass this on to other people. For my project, I made a model of Carl Fredericksons's house and put in some small memorabilia (like photos, small toys and postcards of Cupertino) inside, and then launched it off at the nearby community park. Here's a picture of it in flight:

I just got a reply back from someone a while ago. Apparently it floated all the way down to New Mexico! That was an extremely fun experience for me.
Join our new Flickr Group Pixar Planet Pixels today!

Pixar Builder
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby totoro » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:52 am

Pixar Builder: Congratulations on a successful flight!
That's quite an impressive distance, even if it didn't end up at Paradise Falls. :wink:
totoro

Postby Death Ray » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:53 am

The Disney Movie Rewards program gives you points if you mail them ticket stubs from eligible movies. After a viewing of Up at the theater, I saw that a few people threw their ticket stubs away. I went through a few garbage bins to retrieve them. Whenever someone walked by, I did my best to look casual - just hanging out by the garbage... When they left, I dug around some more. I really wanted that Ratatouille poster.
Death Ray
Ant

Next

Return to Up