UPular Remix

youtube.com/watch?v=A2yt1ooLQGo

Enjoy.

A friend of mine on twitter sent me a link for that, as well as Lee and the Pixar facebook posting it. Kinda different, but I love it! It’s oddly entrancing,…

Compared to that TS remix, I actually like this one much better, it has a good melody to it.

That is amazing! I love how the dialogue and music and visuals work together, really incredible and, yeah, mesmerizing.

Oh my gosh, I love this! :smiley: I was able to find the download somewhere on the internet and now I have it on my iPod… but it’s still so much more fun to watch with the visuals to go with it. This guy is amazing, I haven’t had a chance to check out any of his other stuff, but from what I’ve read, he’s really good at this stuff. :wink:

little chef

I’m starting to love this remix a lot. It even sounds like Carl and Russell are singing it, though I can’t really understand what they’re saying.

One weird part I did hear is Russell saying “Button me in!”. :open_mouth:

I was going to post this but Sorastitch beat me to it :laughing:

I love Pogo’s work. The first song I heard of his was ‘Alice’ and since then I’ve subscribed to his Youtube channel (Fagottron) to keep updated on any new work he’s posting up. He creates compositions from different films but pays no attention to words or lyrics; only sounds. You can say it’s like his trademark.

You can actually download many of his songs and albums for free on his Lastfm page.

last.fm/music/Pogo

Just watched it twice more - Flik-E is right about Russell’s “button me in,” but I’m racking my brain to figure out where that comes in the movie - or is it pieced together from other lines, or does it just sound like “button me in”? I love Carl saying “Everybody up!” and it’s kind of fascinating to feel how he manages to get your brain shifted from the original rhythm of the score to the rhythm he wants you to hear for the remix (if that makes sense).

Karly, I think that’s when Russell says “please let me in” after the liftoff. Most of the lines actually don’t match the clips, such as when Carl has the megaphone. Kinda interesting.

love it!
even though i cant understand most of the words, but its a good beat.

ffdude, I knew you would be the one to know what the real soundbite was! :slight_smile:

Haha, yeah :stuck_out_tongue: There’s a lot of them in there I recognize, but I’ll have to pick the rest out at some point. Good stuff! :slight_smile:

I like it more towards the end when Carl’s doing the lines. I think it works better, not just cuz it’s Carl though. Haha,…

Aw, Russel’s (or more like Jordan Nagai’s) voice sounds really nice when the words are remixed beyond recognition. I haven’t even heard of that DJ before (Aussies represent!) but it’s good that he was commissioned by Pixar/Disney to remix this - he did a great job! It sounds very easy-listening and yeah, just so cool!

I liked the “Get off of his roof!” :smiley:

Lol, I liked that part too, I also like the part with the “That doesn’t rhyme!” Also a pretty funny part as well.

GAH! POGO! New Pogo! Huzzah! You guys have no idea. Pogo’s soundscapes got me though this past semester. Especially Expialidocious (which is amazing but was taken down), Alohamora, and Bangarang. Of course Alice is the quintessential Pogo track. Check up on his last fm site. It’s all good stuff.

Wow, how did I not discover this until now. Amazing beat, love it. Pogo is definitely talented. I agree about Russell’s voice, sounds really sick with this composition. The video is awesome too…all of the cuts make it seem as if they were actually saying the “lyrics” but as ffdude pointed out, it isn’t accurate but the illusion is sick.

Slightly addicted on Upular now. :astonished:

Ok, this is really good! I saw it on YouTube before finding this thread, but like, wow! I’m just speechless! That is an insanely good video! I’m going to have to check to see some of this guy’s other stuff!

Look at this tribute: youtube.com/watch?v=po7foo75MS4

This kid is awesome!

I love Pogo, and this is great, but Mary’s Magic will always be my fave. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

HomeStarRunnerTron is awesome, I’ve been watching his videos for a year or two now, he’s a very entertaining guy, haha.

As for the remix itself, well, I can’t say I’m addicted to it, but it’s rather nice.