When Russell grows up, his job is

I don’t know why I started thinking about this, but I was wondering, what sort of job/career would Russell have when he’s grown? And the answer I finally came up with was… (drum roll) Zookeeper! He could work in the South America exhibit, where Ellie worked. He obviously loves animals, and I think he would enjoy interacting with them, and teaching the zoo visitors about them.

What do you think Grown-Up Russell should do for a living?

I like the idea of Russell being a zookeeper, karly05! It’s a career that would certainly suit him. My first thought was pretty unoriginal- like a Wilderness Explorer Scout Guide or something like that (like the adults who work in the organisation and look after the children on trips and things like that), and the only other job I can think of is chocolatier. :laughing:

I think that would be a great job for him. Makes sense since he’s been there. I’d want him to work for WWF to stop hunters and poachers.

Interesting thought about him working for the WWF, Monster; I could see him doing that if he wanted to do something more global. (I was thinking of him working in the local zoo, as we saw Ellie doing at the beginning, with the parrot.)

lizardgirl, chocolatier made me laugh - good thought! - then it hit me - Maybe that’s what the Future Mrs. Russell should do! She could be a chocolatier / work in a chocolate shop, where Russell is a regular customer, ha ha. Oh, and whatever his full time job is, I’m sure he would still be involved with the W.E.

Well, while him being a zookeeper would sound pretty good for the character, I believe that he should do whatever job that he feels would suit him best, a little silly thing to say about an animated character but that’s just my opinion on it…

That or he could become an explorer like Muntz, albeit one who is more tactful when it comes to observing new and undiscovered species. Kinda like a Nat Geo correspondent for South America. Though with his skills at wilderness survival, one can question his aptitude for such a dangerous job… :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, the zookeeper idea is cute! I like the idea of Mrs. Russell operating a candy store next to his South American exhibit! :smiley:

Could be a zookeeping, dirigible-flying, balloon selling Wilderness Explorer out to seize the world! :smiley:

…with an army of talking dogs! :smiley:

Hahaha, a zookeeper! As I personally think Russel is a successor of sorts for Ellie, this would make perfect sense! I can also imagine Russel being a cryptozoologist, or a Indiana Jones-esque archaeologist. Of course, he’d have to lose a couple of pounds but that’ll be easy once he reaches puberty.

I’m liking some of the ideas of “globe-trotting” Russell, but I also think he would want to have a family, too, which would mean that “Mrs. Russell” probably would have to have the same/similar career so they could “globe-trot” together. Or else they start out as zookeeper and chocolatier, and end up as global eco-adventurers. (No, I am not writing this, just thinking about it.)

Pixar Builder wrote:

I do think that when Russell matures, he naturally “trims down” a bit, but is always on the “sturdy” side.

" Zoology Mr. Fredericksen!"

Totally agree with all of these! It’s very easy to see Russell sorta being involved with animals!

Even a Chocolatier even sounded like the most amazing idea ever, and the idea of meeting his future wife that way with him being the explorer and her giving him chocolate loving.

I always wondered if perhaps not grown up Russell, but as Russell is still growing up, he helps out with the local community a lot and even a social worker of some kind, he clearly likes people.

But I do think his heart leads to animals. Dog training maybe?

(a small mailman)… :sunglasses: You know it’s meant to be…

LOL, I like that idea.

In my opinion, I think he would be a social worker. Why?

You see, during the credits it’s clear that Russell get along with Carl very well, and perhaps he made lots of (elderly) friends. Plus, Russell’s family has torn-apart, maybe he wanted to help the community as he has experienced the problem.

:smiley:

A Pixar Animator. :slight_smile:

I’d imagine him with a Steve Irwin like job, as a nature dude.

I repeat, small mailman.

He wasn’t ONLY a small mailman though, Incredigirl. He was a small mailman that sold ice cream and balloons as a side job. :wink:

He wasn’t ONLY a small mailman though, Incredigirl. He was a small mailman that sold ice cream and balloons as a side job. :wink: