Hey!!!!

The other day, I was watching The Jungle Book, and something clicked to me. I think Carl pushing Russell up the water hose of his house(if you know what I’m talking about) is a reference to when Bhageera pushes Mowgli up the tree in the beginning of The Jungle Book(If you know what I’m talking about.) Does anybody see what I’m talking about??

Hmm, could be. Even if it was a coincidence I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the animators had that in the back of their minds while doing it. I know on The Incredibles DVD they showed a clip of that scene as an example of animating the weight of Bob’s body as a superhero or something like that.

Yeah, I noticed that, also. I love how they always look on 2D animation as education, instead of obsolete like some people do. I love bonus features so much!!! I’m watching Up right now…

That’s a very famous scene for animators to look at. I bet they were inspired by it, but I never really thought about it. Nice find.

Yeah, it is a really good clip. I love your sig by the way, Bryko614!!

Wow, that’s good Incredigirl! That was a nice find. :wink:

I think it’s pretty neat myself :slight_smile:

Oooo I didn’t notice that, but they both are really alike! Nice find!

I DO remember that part in “The Jungle Book”, and even though I think it’s just a coincidence, I also remember that part in the behind-the-scenes clip of “The Incredibles” when the animators were talking about how to animate a “weight” feeling, and how to visualize something that’s heavy.

I think it’s amazing how Pixar works soooooo hard to create believable films - both for the story and for the audience’s eye! John Lasseter himself has said, “I always believe in research, no matter what the subject matter is. You cannot do enough research, because so much believability will come out of what’s really there.”

Great catch IV! You’re very observant.