Please help me with my Pixar-related English Project

Hi

peoples !

For an english project , I have to write an article about anything I want . Of course , I

picked Pixar and why it isn’t only for the young , but also for the young at heart . I will need small ,

one-question interviews , and what better place to find older pixar fans than the one and only pixar planet .

I’m prefering people no younger than 15 ( sorry CarFreak :frowning: ) and somebody who knows alot about pixar , not

only one certain feature film . Some questions will be :

[i] Why do you enjoy Pixar ?

What do you think when people insult Pixar only because it is animated ?

What do your friends who

don’t enjoy Pixar think about you enjoying Pixar ? [/i]

I’ll think of more soon , but I

don’t have the due date for the project yet . If you want to help , you can state below or pm me . Some pictures

of the studio , short films , and commercials they have done would be nice too .

Thank You in

advance

gottalovepixar

GLP, I would be more than happy to help you on your Pixar English Project.

1. I enjoy

Pixar because they create wonderful stories and loveable characters. I also love it because Pixar brings

something for every member of the audience, kid or adult.

1. Most of the time, my friends don’t like

Pixar’s animation because they believe animation is only for kids. I get a little angry at times because they

shouldn’t be mad because it is only animation. Animation is a way to tell a story. It can be for both kids and

adults.

1. My friends love the humor, the story, the action, adventure, the music, the characters and so

much more. Basicly, they love everything Pixar gives to the audience in their films.

Once again, I would

be glad to help. Any more questions, just post below.

This seems like a job for a 15 year old currently procrastinating with her own

projects…
[b]

1. Why do you enjoy Pixar ?[/b]

I enjoy Pixar because it is

art, and I enjoy the beauty of art. I like Pixar because when you watch one of their creations, you can feel the

dedication of all that have worked with it and you can feel the emotions that the writers and animators have put

into a mere hour and a half. Furthermore, I can always trust Pixar to make something so astounding to the eyes

that it is difficult to perceive it as pixels on a screen. I enjoy Pixar because it is made to be

enjoyed.

[b]2. What do you think when people insult Pixar only because it is animated

?
[/b]
People who think animation is kid-stuff obviously are in denial. Do you think the people

who make these creations are kids? Of course not. Animation is a form of art that takes years of patience and

learning and the finished product deserves respect. If you insult Pixar, you clearly have a lack of appreciation

for fine art.

[b]3. What do your friends who don’t enjoy Pixar think about you enjoying Pixar

?[/b]

I always get that smirk and that one worded phrase… “Pixar?” I think my

friends see it as “childishly cute” but some of them are able to appreciate the beauty of Pixar. Most

of them are able to perceive the humor and the story but I don’t think a lot of my friends believe in the art

and dedication of Pixar.

I’ll be happy to help out GLP! I think I kinda

fall under that category. :wink: Just PM me the final questions when you’re ready and give me a couple of days to

give good answers. =)

Thanks Dash !

Just another question for ya . Do you mind if I put some info about Pixar Planet in my project ? If not , that’s

o.k.

[b]Why do you

enjoy Pixar ? [/b]
Pixar creates feelings in their movies that we all experiance in our lives.

They’re also the tops when it comes to tech and animation.

[b]What do you think when people

insult Pixar only because it is animated ?[/b] I have a friend who actually believes this. She says

Pixar “makes her sick”. Animation isn’t for everybody, but I try to make people see Pixar movies are

great movies; regardless of their thoughts on animation.

[b]What do your friends who don’t

enjoy Pixar think about you enjoying Pixar ? [/b] Well, I guess there okay with it. I think they want

me to “get into” live action more (the stars, the awards etc.). I enjoy these things, but I love

animation all the more.

There ya have it! :wink: Tell me if you need anything more!

Why do you enjoy Pixar?
Enjoying Pixar films is never an

effort or a chore. I’d never say that I love a Pixar film, or any other film, when I secretly hate it, because

I’d be lying to myself. But if whenever I have seen a film, and I come out of the cinema having learnt something

about the characters and myself, and I feel that I have just spent that past hour and a half wisely, then the

film must be good. This always applies with Pixar- every film has a learning experience, and characters and

storylines that we can all truly relate to on a certain level.

[i]What do you think when people

insult Pixar only because it is animated?[/i]
I think that these people are incredibly

close-minded, and are missing out. If they can honestly say that all animated films that they have ever seen have

never taught them anything, and that they haven’t enjoyed a single one, then that’s still not an excuse,

because Pixar might be able to change their mind. Drag them along to the next release of a Pixar film, and watch

their outlook on animated films as a whole change dramatically, is what I would do.

[i]What do

your friends who don’t enjoy Pixar think about you enjoying Pixar?[/i]
They just leave me be,

really. They think that it’s just another obsession of mine, and they’re willing to put up with it because

they’re good friends, just as I put up with their obsessions. :laughing: [/i]

Thank you everyone for your wonderful

comments . Here’s another question for ya’ :

[i]When you hear the words ‘John Lasseter’ ,

what comes to your mind ?In other words , what do you think of him ? [/i]

I know this is my second post

in a row , but I just wanted to say something here .

I’m writing my article on this subject because ,

like most teens , my classmates think Pixar is kind of “dumb” ( I know gasp ! ) , except one does have

a computer animated movie that’s his fav , but it’s Flushed Away , not Pixar I’m getting kind of sick of them

shouting "You like Cars ? What are you five?! " , and then I have to go and explain to them that they

were the only pixar stickers I had at the time I was decorating my agenda book . Not to mention nobody knows

about Ratatoullie there yet , so to them I can only draw Cars . :unamused:

Just thought I’d let you know ,

and a good tip for ya’ ( although you all have done this already ) , be persuasive . :wink:

To answer your question GLP, when I hear the words John Lassiter, I imagine the word genious. He is so creative

and has such great talent. When I also hear his name, the words “thank you” come into my mind. Basicly,

I am just saying “Thank you for making these incredible films very possible”

What a wonderful topic for a project! Good luck on your report. :wink:

Here are my answers:

Why do you enjoy Pixar?

I have three answers to that, and they are

passion, dedication, and

humor.

Passion - Pixar does what they do

because they love and enjoy it. They put their heart and soul into their films and creations…which is what

audiences look for in a feature production. When you watch a Pixar movie, you don’t have a second thought about

tearing your eyes away from the screen or getting up to go to the bathroom, because there is something about it

that keeps you in your seat – that entrances a person. Their stories are engaging; their characters are

heart-warming and unforgettable. You care about what the outcome of Toy Story is;

you love characters such as Dory and Sulley, characters that you never imagined you could feel passion for.

Pixar Animation Studios is, in general, a firm foundation on the outside and soft on the inside – the

bricks and the wood and the steel hold the building together, but the people make the studio what it is: caring,

personal, and fun-loving – and that is exactly what animators

are.

Determination - The animators at Pixar don’t begin a project by saying,

“We can do this!” and then saying a few days later, "Ahh…this is too hard. Let’s just forget

about it and abort the project." No, they stay determined. They say, “We can do it”, and mean it!

You start with a story and you either give it up for lost…or choose the more difficult, but more successful,

road and continue on. Of course, you also have to make the thing good and entertaining, and this is where the

Pixar team comes in. They all pitch in and contributing a little something of their own to make the project

delicious, firm, and all-around enjoyable.

Humor - This has to be my absolute

favorite part: the humorous side of the company. I’ve grown up around stupidity and hilariousness, and I’ve

come to learn that laughter is like delicious medicine: it’s healthy and it tastes

good! Pixar has mastered this particular area of life quite effectively indeed, and that is one of the many

reasons why I enjoy my time in the theater or on my living room floor…watching a Pixar movie. I can intake a

few laughs when I feel like it…and even when I don’t feel like it. Smiling is good – laughter is better.

There are many other reasons why I love Pixar so much, though: the people, the characters, the stories,

the studio itself, the animation, the music, the funny sounds, the shorts… The list goes on and

on…

[b]What do you think when people insult Pixar only because it is

animated?[/b]

It bothers me to a degree, but I realize that, 1) that is their own, personal

opinion…and I can’t change it, and 2) they don’t know what they’re talking about. (snigger)

The fact

that some people are against “kiddy movies” doesn’t really get on my nerves, although I must say that

one has to be pretty stupid to judge a book by its cover when they haven’t even read the book. And besides,

Pixar Animation Studios does not produce films solely for kids: their movies are family-oriented: for kids,

teens, and adults alike.

[b]What do your friends who don’t enjoy Pixar think about you

enjoying Pixar?[/b]

Heheh – the fact that I don’t have any friends kind of leaves me out of

the picture on this one. My only (best) friend is my sister, and she absolutely loves Pixar, so there is no

competition there. :wink:

And for the grand finale…

[b]When you hear the words 'John

Lasseter’, what comes to your mind? In other words, what do you think of him?[/b]

Two words

come to mind when I hear the words ‘John Lasseter’: Pixar and

toys. You can’t get any more fun-loving than that. :wink:

Although I’ve never

met the man, Mr. Lasseter seems like a great guy – one of those people who always looks on the bright side of

things and enjoys nothing more than sitting in his rooms and playing with his Woody and Buzz dolls. I see John

Lasseter as a big kid, which is essentially what animators are: big kids!

Mitch : Thanks for answering my questions , but , I shouldv’w known this was ginna happen , if I used all

of that , i would already pass my word limit . lol . i’ll just slim it down a bit . :wink:

[b]When you hear the words ‘John Lasseter’ , what comes to your mind ?In other words , what do you

think of him ? [/b]

When I think of John Lasseter, just like Mitch, two words pop into my mind:

fun and story.

Fun: All of Lasseter’s movie have been fun. [i]Toy

Story[/i], A bug’s life,and Cars were all

movies that gave you a great feeling that stays with you forever.

Story:

Lasseter is the King of Story. Pixar understands story better than any other movie production company in the

world. I believe this is mainly because of Lasseter. All Pixar movies have great story and I believe it will be

that way in the future.

Good Luck!

O.K ,

I’ve finished part I of my project : Business proposal letter .

Dear Mrs.Flik :

If you look on my

laptop computer , the wallpaper is a clown fish staring at a small fish egg with a crack . The desktop will have

an icon that states “Cars Demo” . If you look on my Internet Explorer’s history , you will mostly see

“Pixar Planet-Forums…” . This is because I enjoy Pixar very much , and I am one of their fans over

the age of ten .

Unfortunately , many people believe that Pixar is for the younger set , only because it

is animated . In my article , I plan to change that . My article will be on Pixar’s history , and why it is not

only for childen under the age of ten . There will be one or two sidebars , one on Pixar’s awards and another on

what they did besides their feature films , such as shirts and commercials . There will be seven to ten pictures

, the first seven for their feature films , one of John Lasseter , one of the many main people at Pixar , one of

their shorts , and one of the studio itself . There will also be small one-question interviews with older fans at

the age of seventeen and older .

Your magazine will sell quickly because of my article for some reasons .

One reason would be because I know information on Pixar that not many people know , so some will be curious to

see what the new information is . One new fact would happen to be on the film that Pixar has schelduled to

release in 2008 , " Wall-E " . I will also have new , just released , pictures of " Ratatoullie

" , Pixar’s film that will be released this summer , which is about a rat that desires to be a chef in

Paris . Also , teenagers will enjoy giving this article a chance , and read it again and again . This article

will be so enjoyable , the teens will continue buying your magazine to see what’s next .

Please consider

accepting my article , and please reach me as soon as your busy schedule will allow it by phone or email-adress.

Thank you for your precious time , and remember , there are 199 people who will definetly read this amazing

article .

Sincerely 

gottalovepixar

of

course , there was an adress , my teacher’s name , and my name on it , but i’m not telling you that . :wink: Oh

, and there are some typos because this was after I spell checked it .

gottalovepixar - I’m gonna be on paper! Heheh – sorry my article was so long, but

thank you for taking it into account anyway. :wink:

Nice business letter,

gottalovepixar! And is your teacher’s real last name Flick, or did you just create

that for internet purposes? Because if that is her real name, then that’s pretty awesome. :smiley:

No , her name

just begins with Fl- so I thought that would be good enough .

I read your letter GLP. It

is off to a very good start, but remember. There is always room for improvement. Great job anyways.

Okay , here is my firs daft of my article . Tell me what you think !

When

people hear the word " Pixar " , most think of " cartoons " and " Disney " . They

apparently do not know much about this amazing company , since Pixar was only bought by Disney late 2006 .

However , their are some teens , even adults , that rush to their films to watch stories about incredible

characters that have detailed backgrounds and interesting plot lines . To some , Pixar is just a place that makes

movies rated under PG-13 , to others , it is a work of art .

The Begining

Like I said before , not

many people know about Pixar’s history . The company started in 1979 as 1/3 of the computer division of

Lucasfilm . They started on a film called " The Works " , but it was never completed .The team soon

worked on sequences in films by Lucasfilm and on films with Industrial Light and Magic special effects . Some

films they worked on were Star Wars II and Young Sherlock Holmes . In 1986 , Pixar was bought by Steve Jobs after

he left Apple Computer ( he returned to Apple in 1997 , though ) . Soon later , the company was independent ,

with Dr.Catmill as president and CEO .

At first , Pixar sold a very expensive computer called "

Pixar Image Computer " . The machine cost $135,000 , and you had to buy a $35,000 work station for it .

Disney was one of the only people who bought the computers , and used them for the film " Pocahontas "

. During this time , Pixar created a very strong bond with the Walt Disney Company , which would soon be it’s

partner for Pixar’s many films .

Soon Pixar was almost bankrupt , but John Lasseter , one of the most

famous people who work for Pixar , had an idea . He soon had his animation department animate commercials for

Listerine , Lifesavers , and Tropicana . Pixar still had it’s bond with Disney at the time , and a few years

later , Pixar signed a $26,000,000 deal with Disney to produce five films , one of which would be Pixar’s first

completed film ,Toy Story . The magic soon began …

The Films

Pixar’s films that have been

released are Toy Story , A Bug’s Life , Toy Story 2 , Monster’s Inc. , Finding Nemo , The Incredibles , and

Cars . They also have announced three films that will be out , Ratatouille , WALL-E , and Toy Story 3 , whose

plots are not fullyv ound out yet . Although most people believe so , movies such as The Wild , Chicken Little ,

and Madagascar are not Pixar films .

• Toy Story - This is Pixar’s first completed film

. Woody is Andy’s favorite toy . All of the other toys look up to Woody , as if he was the leader . In fact , he

is the leader . But he is soon replaced by Buzz Lightyear , Andy’s birthday present and the newest action figure

to the gang , who thinks he is an actual " Space Ranger " , and not a toy . Everyone soon loves Buzz ,

and it doesn’t take long for Woody to get jealous . The two toys soon get lost , and have to move aside their

differences to get back to Andy before he moves … and before Andy’s evil neighbor , Sid , turns them into

mutant toys .

• A Bug’s Life - Flik is an ant who isn’t like the others . He loves to invent things to

make is seed picking easier for when Hopper the grasshopper and his gang come to eat the food . When one of Fliks

inventions accidentally knocks all of the food away , it’s up to him to save the colony . He soon finds warrior

bugs to save them … the only problem is , they’re not really warriors . It turns out they are really circus

bugs , but that doesn’t mean they’re not capable of bringing Hopper down and saving Ant island , along with

Princess Dot and Princess Atta .

• Toy Story 2 - In this sequel to Pixar’s firat film , Woody is ’

toynapped ’ by a greedy collector , Al . It turns out he’s the only thing missing from Al’s collection , and

with Woody finishing it , Al can send Woody , Jessie the yodeling cowgirl , Prospector Pete , and Bullseye the

horse to a musuem in Japan . Jessie soons tells Woody that Andy won’t play with him forever , and he has to

choose between living in a glass box or going back to Andy , where he might not last for another year .

Monster’s Inc. - Monster’s Incorporated is a high class job of monsters who’s job is - what else - to scare

children and collect their screams so the city of monsters can be powered . Our main character , Sulley , soon

lets a young child , who he calls " Boo " , into the moster world , where children are actually deadly

. With the help of his best friend Mike , he tries to get Boo back to her " door " , the entrance to

her room . The only thing stopping them is Randal , a monster who wants to be the top scarer at Monster’s Inc.

• Finding Nemo - Marlin is a very protective father fish , but he has a reason to protect Nemo . After

all , he does have a small , disorted fin . When Marlin loses Nemo , his only hope is from a mask and Dory , a

fish with short-term memory . While swimming to P.Sherman , 42 Wallaby Way , Sydney , Nemo is having his own

adventures at the dentist’s office aquarium with The Tank Gang , who’s leader , Gill , is also a fish with a

bad fin and from the ocean , who decides to help Nemo get out of the tank and back into the ocean .

• The

Incredibles - Mr.Incredible is a superhero from The Glory Days wishing to be able to once again save the world ,

even though the world does not want superheroes . A mysterious letter is sent to his home by another ‘super’ ,

Mirage , saying that she wants him to secretly save the world again , and must defeat a robot on an island. It

turns out Mr.Incredible was really sent to the island to be killed by the robot for revenge by his former #1 fan

, Billy , now known as Syndrome . Can Mr.Incredible be saved by his loving family of supers , Elastigirl , Violet

, and Dash ?

• Cars - Pixar’s newest film is about a hotshot rookie racecar named Lightning Mcqueen , who

desperatly wants to take the place of his inspiration , The King , and become Dinoco’s newest sponser . Another

racecar , Chick Hicks , also wants to take The King’s place , but only so he can be more famous .When on his way

to a tiebreaker race , Lightning Mcqueen soon becomes lost and when being chased by a police car , he destroys

the road of Radiator Springs , a town on the mother road " Route 66 " , and is charged with community

service that will take him a while . He soon learns how to tip tractors by his new pal , Mater , how to fall in

love by a Porche named Sally , and learns about the mysterious past of Doc Hudson , a 1951 Hudson Hornet , who

also teaches him lessons for on and off the racetrack .

The Fans

Some of Pixar’s loving fans

are not children below the age of eight . Others are teenagers , even adults . They know all about Pixar’s films

and shorts , and some even make fansites and fanfictions . While the younger set usually only see the movie in

theater once , some spend crazy amounts of money seeing the film over 20 times in theaters .

One "

Incredible " forum made just for this company is named Pixar Planet . Over 200 teens and adults have joined

this forum to talk about their favorite subject with fellow fans around the world . Although this forum is

family-friendly , you must be 13 or older to join unless you have a parent sign a paper and mail , e-mail , or

fax it to the forum administrators .

This forum is a branch to the website " Pixar Planet " .

Although the site is mainly for the forum , their is also a podast titled " Radio Pixar " , that you

can have downloaded onto your mp3 player .

I asked some of the forumers questions about Pixar , and they

gave me interesting answers .

" Pixar does what they do and enjoys it , " tells fellow pixar fan

Mitch , a high schooler from the U.S. , " They put their heart and soul into their films and

creations…which is what audiences look for in a feature production. When you watch a Pixar movie, you don’t

have a second thought about tearing your eyes away from the screen or getting up to go to the bathroom, because

there is something about it that keeps you in your seat – that entrances a person. "

But don’t

think these people don’t have feelings .

" People who think animation is kid-stuff obviously are in

denial, " replies Jamie-Lew when asked what she thinks of the people who dislike Pixar only because it is

animated , " Do you think the people who make these creations are kids? Of course not. Animation is a form

of art that takes years of patience and learning and the finished product deserves respect. If you insult Pixar,

you clearly have a lack of appreciation for fine art. "

Even though these fans can sometimes become

upset , they try to understand why fellow peers do not enjoy it .

" think many teens/adults believe

Pixar is for kids because of three reasons: Animation, characters, and ratings, " answers The Star Swordsman

, " Many people this day in age believe that animated films are for kids only. I doubt many adults would see

films of talking toys, bugs, monsters, fish and cars. And finaly, most Pixar films are rated G (with The

Incredibles as an exception). Most people think they are to old/mature for G rated films . "

Understanding Our Love For Pixar

By now you probably have an understanding of Pixar . You’ve

probably learned more about the company than ever . Even as a fellow Pixar fan , even I have learned more about

them .

So this summer , maybe you should rethink about see The Simpsons Movie or Harry Potter and The

Order Of The Pheonix . Go take a chance and see Ratatouille , and instead of watching a fat dude with a donut in

his mouth go to a pub , you can enjoy the art and watch a rat try his hardest to become a chef in Paris .

Love the

article GLP!It pretty much says it all!

How did you do on it GLP? What grade did you get?