Pixar Planet

Pixar Custom DVD Covers

Archives of the Fandom

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby CGI Clownfish » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Wow, these are really really cool, iCoty!! My fave one is the Cars one - you really made the colors pop. :D

I remember there being a sight all about fans sending in custom DVD covers, but I think the whole site got shut down for "infringing copyright" issues. Don't think that'll be an issue, here, though - we all know this stuff is purely fan-made. :)

On a side note, is there any way you can PM me the measurements for those? I've wanted to give a try at making my own DVD covers as well. :wink: Thanks!
CGI Clownfish
Garbage Boy

Postby remy_must_save_henri » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:22 pm

I especially like the Nemo one, mostly because I don't like how Nemo was not included in the actual DVD cover.

He's one of the main characters and he's part of the title, so why not put him on the official dvd cover?(I told my brother about my opinion on this subject, and he said "You're supposed to find him, that's why he's not on the cover!")

Anyways, great job!
By the way, I'm female. I just tend to use my fanfiction characters' names in my movie forum usernames.
I have seen WALL•E twice.
remy_must_save_henri
Garbage Boy

Postby iCoty » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 am

CGI Clownfish wrote:Wow, these are really really cool, iCoty!! My fave one is the Cars one - you really made the colors pop. :D

I remember there being a sight all about fans sending in custom DVD covers, but I think the whole site got shut down for "infringing copyright" issues. Don't think that'll be an issue, here, though - we all know this stuff is purely fan-made. :)

On a side note, is there any way you can PM me the measurements for those? I've wanted to give a try at making my own DVD covers as well. :wink: Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments! The measurements are 3240x2175 pixels for a standard dvd cover.
iCoty
Ant

Postby iCoty » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:52 am

remy_must_save_henri wrote:I especially like the Nemo one, mostly because I don't like how Nemo was not included in the actual DVD cover.

He's one of the main characters and he's part of the title, so why not put him on the official dvd cover?(I told my brother about my opinion on this subject, and he said "You're supposed to find him, that's why he's not on the cover!")

Anyways, great job!

Thanks Remy! Glad you enjoyed these. ANd yes I agree with you...Nemo should definitely be on the front cover!
iCoty
Ant

Postby CGI Clownfish » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:10 pm

iCoty wrote:Thanks for the compliments! The measurements are 3240x2175 pixels for a standard dvd cover.

Sweetness!! Thanks! ;-D
Banner created by Me
CGI Clownfish
Garbage Boy

Previous

Return to Fandom Archives