I began writing Incredibles 2 Screenplay

Does this Storyline Interest you?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Now do I have your attention?

I’m a huge fan of the incredibles like many of you. I began thinking of a

logical jumping off point to a new story that I feel conceptually would be worth producing.

Of course

thousands of sreenplays that are worth producing are rejected every year. I’m a dad who works full time (not in

entertainment) with two small kids and I have to maks sure that I wouldn’t be writing in vain. I can’t take the

time to write it for the sake of the fan community alone.

I realize that makes me sound arrogant, but

life is a balancing act. I am willing to make a bunch of Noise and see if I can attract some interest. Otherwise

I’ll take my new characters and see if I can write something around them.

I’m willing to prepare a

treatment for the right people to see if they will bite. Treatments are used to pitch screenplays to producers.

If any of you like this idea and know people who work for Disney, Pixar, or Brad Bird Himself please feel free

to pass my e-mail along or have them contact me through various boards.

Here is the quickest version of

the story: Violet has a new best friend. Her best friend’s alter ego is orphaned daughter of Psychwave, and now

the Incredibles new Arch-Enemy.

Yes I can make this into a two hour movie

Interesting idea, sir. I am all for your story and

concept – reach for the stars, I say. I wish you well, writing-i3, and am eager to

review your finished product…when it is completed.

By the way, that genious of a director is named Brad

Bird, not Brad Brown. Just a tip. :wink:

• Mitch

I voted yes. I am

intrested to see your idea, but I must say that Brad Bird wrote the storyline for the first one. If there is

going to be another one, I’m sure he will make up his own story. But still, I’m intrested.

Welcome writing.

First, as

stated it’s Brad Bird and not Brad Brown.

Second, your story, while a great fan concept is vastly too

Violet-centric to be considered for a sequel. While she is among the most popular characters of the original

movie she is also the most developed. Further more, while it’s easy to get focused on her since she is such a

well developed character and has developed a cult following the fandom is actually rather shallow and a lack of

focus on the other characters takes away from the original’s charm and fun. Also, the maximized use of female

teenage drama also alienates the primary target audience of the superhero genre that the movie has found such

success with - young boys. While it’s certainly an idea for a sub-plot within the larget motion picture or a

popular fanfic, I don’t think it has the right formula for a full movie.

Third and most important

however, Pixar unlike other studios does not go outside its circle for movies or even ideas. Everything is

homegrown as they say. The only exception to this was in fact The Incredibles in which John Lasseter went to

long time friend Brad Bird and brought his entire team into the Pixar fold. Still, even then Brad was an

established animator and director well respected within the field. Also, with Pixar back in creative control of

The Incredibles, John has deffered decissions on a sequel to Brad and he has said he would handle or oversee the

writing if a sequel were to occur.

Glad to have you here and hope we see more of you

around.

Dash

Thanks for correcting

me. Obviously I need an editor for my writing.

Dash, This is exactly why I am holding back on diving into

creating the screenplay. In my creative development process I have created a series of Characters that could be

good enough to stand on their own (my Intellectual Property).

I’ve been doing some market research, and

think that trend actually supports doing a Violet centric feature. This has been the trend with pre-teens and

“tweens” who control a large amount of discresionary income. These groups have increasingly been

attracted to Anime in recent years. By the time this could be completed the market may be ready for it.

I know everybody on this board would appreciate the work (even if they don’t like my writing). I may

even post pieces for review. Unfortunately, If there is no interest I could easily recast my villians as heroes

and try to create a series based on them.

Hey, if you have a large cast

of original characters then your setting is different enough that perhaps you might find it even more viable if

you tweak it into an original story separate from The Incredibles.

Good Feedback. I’d like to hear more.

I’ve taken two dfferent tracts.

I am going to complete a scene from the i-3 project for

feedback.

I almost have a new storyline for my cast of new characters + I’ve added characters to round

out the story.

I’ll post something on this in a couple of weeks

Oh, I can’t

wait! I am a huge Incredibles Fan. Violet is my favorite character. You made me so anxious and so excited.

It is difficult, as a writer, to accept the

idea that Pixar or Brad Bird wouldn’t be at all interested in outside material, but look at it from their

perspective. All the heart and soul of the material came from them, which we only see the very outer layer of.

There really can’t be a true inside perspective into the minds and hearts of characters we did not create. It

is tempting to think we could have this perspective since the material is so good, but we do not.

I have

my own Incredibles 2 script that I have long played with out of intellectual amusement, and fandom of the

original. I usually stay away from fanfic like the plague, but Incredibles brought enough of the kid out of me

to do so. I’d love for Brad or the folks at Pixar to give it a nod, but then I think of someone writing a

script for some of my own characters, and I don’t like it. It’s sort of like a stranger trying to infiltrate

your family.

Perhaps I have a unique perspective on this, but I think that writers should pursue their own

characters and invest in their own ideas, though borrowing inspiration from someone else’s work is not a bad

thing.

For example, I think “Lady and the Tramp” had a strong influence on Brad, but I doubt he

approves of the sequel.