Who Has An Unusual Name?

So,who here thinks they have an unusual name? I was just wondering!
My name is Buggy, which in Scotland is a very unusual name! What about you guys?

My real name is actually very normal despite the fact that my last name is spanish (spain…not mexican).
Of course i go by many pseudonyms (being a writer).
One primarily being James Frendin Robot.
Other one being The Narrator (long story behind this.
Most people here would know me as Jon though. Being that is a shortened version of my real first name.

My first name is Andre, a French name, but I’m of Chinese descent. My dad thought it would be really cool to give my two siblings and I French names starting with “A”, so my brother was named Alain and my sister, Adele. He wanted us to be “triple As” - he had grand ambitions for us.

Unfortunately, it gave non-Francophiles the perfect opportunity to mangle our pronunciations (“Andrea?” “Elaine?” “Adellee?”). :unamused: And, of course, our folks would often call each of us by the wrong names, sometimes going through the other two before landing on the correct one!

Kinda the same when it comes to my real last name. i’m mostly a european mutt (French, German, The entire UK [Irish, Scottish, English], austrian, maybe dutch) with very, very small traces of american indian and hispanic (mexican). But, because our last name is spanish (more of a spain derivative though. Not mexican), a lot of people like to pronounce it in a mexican fashion. And it’s one of the things that annoys both me and my mother in particularly because they are saying our name wrong.

My name isn’t that weird. It’s a state! But most people with my name are old, not in my age group. lol I’ve been given some odd nick names, such as a female reproductive organ, and my name minus the -ia.

But, personally I like my name.

I don’t have a weird name…but that’s why I’m surprised so many people spell it wrong and get it wrong.

My name is Kathleen but for some reason I’ve run into a number of people that spell it wrong. Some people spell it Kathlene or Kathline or crazy stuff…and I always have to tell people that my name starts with a K instead of a C. Then there are all the people who mistakenly call me Catherine/Katherine. I have reminded some people so much that that is not my name and they still do it. I just give up sometimes.

Wow, that’s mean. :frowning: I love your name Virginia! It’s true that there don’t seem to be many people around our age group with a name like that and that only makes it more unique. :smiley:

Mine is just Kayla, which isn’t particularly interesting. 8D

No unique name here, just Sara. Bothers me that everyone, and I repeat, everyone, spells it with an “h” on the end. Even if they’re talking to me on Facebook, which is weird, because they can clearly see the proper spelling of my name right in front of them, but they still can’t spell it right.

It’s four letters long. how can you mess that up. but they do. xD

Also, Flame, I can honestly say I have never heard Buggy used as a given name before. Ever. :laughing:

little chef

My name’s pretty unusual where I live. It’s not often you see a girl named Badger. :stuck_out_tongue:

…Alright, alright, I’m kidding, of course. Sorry, not funny.

My real name’s Renée. Over here in the Netherlands it’s pretty unusual because it’s often a male name and spelled Rene or René. I get a bit annoyed when people misspell my name. Happens a lot. |D I don’t mind people forgetting the é but yeah. I used to think the name was lame when I was a kid but now I can’t imagine myself being named anything else. It’s weird, really.

Yes, people in my middle school targeted me for some reason. :confused: But I love the name Kayla! I have a real life friend named that.

My name is Grace.
I don’t think it’s that odd, probably because I’m used to it, but some people have told me “I never knew Grace was a name!”

My sister’s middle name is Grace. :slight_smile:

Mine’s nothing unusual. As you’ve all probably guessed, it’s Amy. 8D

My name is Shantelle-Sheree. I go by Shantelle though.
I am contantly told my name is pretty and unique…
Even though it is spelled how it sounds, people constantly spell it incorrect.
Eg:
Chantelle
Chantel
Shantel
Shantell

Some people even pronouce it Shontelle…

I think that’s beautiful!

Really, Bonanna? Summer-Rose? That’s a wonderful name. :smiley:

Aww thanks to both you guys! :smiley: <3
Anyone here have any unusual names they like? I like the names:
Atlanta
Sienna
Arianna

I like your name, Bonanna!

My name is one of the most common ones, so I can say it’s unusual.

I bet it’s Katie. I know soooooooo many Katie’s.