Is anyone going to comic con?

Are any of you guys going? Please PM me

Ugh I WISH!! I’ve been wanting to go for years. I’ve only gone to Wondercon twice, but then they moved it to LA from San Fran so I haven’t been to that in a while either o_0

Are you going? If so, have fun!

I’ve always wanted to, but the tickets always sell out! :`-( I’m gonna cry knowing you’re going and I can’t see ya.

Question: I’m so ignorant about how Comic con works! Are they only in certain states? How do you get tickets or…really, what exactly is it because it sounds cool but I know nothing about it! Would it be alright if someone please explained it to me?A PM is fine if the post is too long or off-topic. Or a regular post is fine.

Different states have comic/pop culture conventions but San Diego Comic Con, the one that we are talking about here, is the main one. Basically its a huge convention/event where there are vendors selling toys, merch, and art. There are big demonstration booths with new video games, RPGs, comic books and toys. A lot of movie stars and tv stars go to sign autographs, take pictures, promote their upcoming projects, and participate in interviews and panels where are a large audience can watch and sometimes even contribute to the discussion. Also new trailers for upcoming movies and games are premiered, and there are a few costume contests, namely one big one, where people can win huge prizes. A lot of people dress up in costumes and cosplays and just walk around the facility so you can take pictures of them or you can even dress up yourself. Its not just an opportunity for people to shop and meet their idols, but also an opportunity for people to share their fandoms and enthusiasm and get together and relate to one another. My friends call it “Nerdstock” because its one big event for nerds and pop culture enthusiasts alike. Its such a massive event so its hard to explain it all, so here is the website that has a list of events and activities: comic-con.org/cci

Usually it sells out pretty fast so you have to get tickets as soon as they are available, which sometimes can be 10 months in advance. Since some really high profile writers, artists, actors etc go, it brings in a lot of people from around the world. Like I stated before, I’ve never been able to go, but I’ve been to Wondercon which is a very similar event but about half the size.

Leirin: I’m not going. I’m looking for anyone who is going, because I need to buy an item off of them if they’ll pick it up for me. I’m getting scared now D:

I have never been to the San Diego Comic Con but would love to go at least once. In fact, I’d say that’s one of my life’s goals. I’ve been to the Wizard World Comic Con in Chicago once, and I’ll be there again this year and I can say that was a lot of fun. Though probably in part because of the Beatles convention going on next door at the exact same time. I went to both :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll never get to go. It would be a dream come true! But the tickets sell out so fast.

Oh, I see. D: I’m really bummed to hear that… if I were going I would definitely pick you something up though ;.;

also lennonluvr: Geez, a Beatles con sounds like fun!

Sorry it took me forever to see this! But yes, Beatles Cons, or Beatlefest as its called, it a lot of fun. There’s live music, there’s been many interesting guests over the years, and singalongs that go on to the wee hours of the morning. Though I think this past August the Saturday night singalong went till dawn on Sunday :wink: