PP Members, Let's Catch Up!

Hi everyone! Long-time member and mod little chef here. I realize the boards have been pretty dead for a while, but I wanted to start a thread where old members can come around and catch up with each other. It’s not like it used to be around here, that’s for sure, and I know a lot of us miss the old days where there was a lot happening and people chatting all the time.

So, what’s everyone been up to these past few years? I don’t like talking about myself too much, so I’ll keep my update brief:

I’ve been working at the same company for five and a half years, and am doing very well here and have been able to save a lot of money. Unlike a lot of my friends I never went to college or university, but that’s perfectly ok with me. :slight_smile: This March, I got engaged to the man of my dreams and we are getting married in October! I’m super excited about that and still can’t believe it’s actually happening to me.

It’s crazy to look back and realize that it’s been almost 10 years since I joined this website and so much has changed since then. Do you guys feel the same way? What’s changed for you? Are you still active on other websites? I update my Tumblr quite often and I do post to Twitter occasionally, as well.

Would love to hear from everyone and see how y’all are doing. You are all greatly missed!

little chef

Congrats on your engagement :smiley:

As for me, well, I found an apprenticeship at last for an office job. The apprenticeship lasts three years and the first year will be over in September. It’s both vocational and educational training , which quite common here in Germany. We got our report card for this school year just two weeks ago. Almost every subject on the card is a B, except English class, which is an A. I’ve been looking for an apprenticeship fr years, since I graduated school and that was in 2012!

And I have a boyfriend. We’ve been dating for a year and a half now. He likes to tickle me, especially my feet. For example, my feet are for some reason near him, he notices and exclaims “Feet!” and tries to grab one foot. I try to pull my feet back, sometimes I’m successful, sometimes not. When he’s successful, he proceeds to tickle me and I’m just a squeaking pile that can hardly say anything coherent. He likes doing this because he likes the sound I make when he tickles me. People have described it as sounding like a tormented puppy, tormented guinea pig, tormented kitten, etc. But he’s also really sweet, he’s always there for me, he makes me laugh ad always tries to cheer me up when I’m sad. And he is a darn good cook! I swear that it was partly his contribution that I gained weight since I was released from the hospital in late September last year. So, yeah, he likes to tease me but he never means any harm and I laugh about it too. There’s a reason we’ve been together for so long. Some of our colleagues even started asking if we plan to get married. Our response is that it would be too soon. I admit, I love the idea of getting married but I also think we should finish our training first, get a job (preferably in the same city so that it won’t have to be a long-distance relationship) and settle down. I told him this once and he agrees with me.

And as for the hospital thing… I don’t have enough blood in my body. I have to take medication but I’m quite alright. It’s not like I’m about to collapse, though a year ago, I did look like that.

I miss those days when thus board was more active, even if I was not that active. I remember the movie nights, those were fun :slight_smile: