What's in a Username?

I noticed everyone here has got really cute and clever usernames, but I would like to know. Is there a reason behind the name? Any reason why you chose to dawn this name when you enter the realms fo Pixar Planet? Any reason why you chose “The Star Swordsman” when you could’ve just used “starswordsman”? :laughing:

How did you decide your username everyone?

I like lizards.

And I’m a girl.

And I thought that I was being ‘cool’ by not captilizing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like WALL·E!

My screen name, martini833 was pretty much just an excuse to get a new screen name. My name is Martin and a few people call me Martini (not too many) so I just went with it. And my favorite number is 3 and my birthday is August (8) 3rd 1993. Like lizardgirl, i thought it’d be cool not to capitalize it, and I usually don’t. I almost always use martini833 for anything from my screen name to forums. If not I use MR10** (my old screen anme which I got sick of people confusing its pronounciation.)The asterisks are just cus I don’t wnat to reveal my last two digits there. But no, it doesn’t say mister ten, if you pronounce it phonetically it says (mar-ten), creative huh?
TSS- You never explained how yours came to be… I’m very curious about it.

martini and A113 asked me where I got my username. THe answer is this.

I write Incredibles fanfiction. I created a character that is based off of me. He joins the Incredibles in many adventures. He is a brave young Super. And he is a really skilled swordsman. Just like batman is called the Dark Knight, this super is sometimes called The Star Swordsman.

SO there you have it. In short, I got TSS based off a character I made up.

Below is a history of how and why I chose the username that I did. I simply copied and pasted it from an old thread that was created many eons ago…

Let’s see…

To put it bluntly:

My sister and I had a fight, and she won, but I got her back without her knowing it. And since nobody could possibly understand what I am talking about:

To elongate the first explanation:

After the Ratatouille teaser trailer was released, my sister and I went bonkers. We became addicted (and still are!). We watched the trailer every day (and we still do), we went to any website that had information on the film (and we still do), and I started to write my own Ratatouille story (which I still haven’t completed yet). You get the point…

Anyway, we finally got into a discussion concerning the title character: Remy. Since we didn’t know his true name, at the time, we decided to name him ourselves (or, at least, guess at his name). We finally came up with one name each. Leia, my sister, picked the name ‘Matthew’. I picked the name ‘Mitch’. She said to me, “His name is not ‘Mitch’. ‘Matthew’ is better!” Ooohhh…but I just knew she was wrong! ‘Mitch’ was definitely Remy’s name.
And then…the cat came out of the bag. While browsing the web for more information on Ratatouille, I came upon a webpage/website (I think it was Wikipedia) that listed the cast of the film, one of which was Patton Oswalt, who does…dah-dah-dah-da!..Remy! We were surprised – and a little disappointed --, it was true, but we didn’t care. Remy suited him just fine.

A few months later, and I found this site! And guess what? Now I can call myself ‘Mitch’ without my sister knowing, because it was, after all, Remy’s first “true” name… :wink:

Ha-ha! That’s funny… No offense meant, of course. :laughing:

– Mitch

I’ve had people send me PMs asking about my username, so here goes:

Until extremely recently, I was dead-set on being an astronomer and am very enamoured by the subject. Eratosthenes was a man that lived over 2,200 years ago and was the first person to ever estimate the size of our planet, as well as the distance to the moon. Because of the enormity of the feat for the time and how accurately he estimated it, I’ve used his name as my screenname on several websites for at least 5 years.

Other online handls I go by:

Copernilleo (Copernicus and galileo combined…plus an extra L)
Buddybear418 (My father used to call me Buddy Bear)
Budbear
kleinschidtman (last name is Kleinschmidt)
Creciendo
BrainChild_Creations

and several others…

**MySpace: myspace.com/creciendo
*facebook: hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 … einschmidt
**Helium: helium.com/users/252023
dA: copernilleo.deviantart.com/
eBay: members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl … _creations
*BCC: brainchildcreations.net/
***CafePress: cafepress.com/braincreate
***Angelfire: angelfire.com/trek/startek/index2.html
**GMC: gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showuser=7622
PixarPlanet: pixarplanet.com/forums/profi … atosthenes
***StarTrekFans: startrekfans.net/index.php?showuser=1965
**StarTrek911: startrek911.proboards29.com/inde … iewprofile

and many more…

Several of these I seldom visit…actually almost all of them. The greater amount of asterisks (*) a site has, the less I currently visit it.

Mitch is back! Celebrate with loads of balloons!

Welcome back, Mitch! We needed you. :laughing:

Oh, my username? :slight_smile: Ha-ha-ha. Like you don’t know. :laughing:

:neutral_face:

And if you don’t know, I’ll tell ya.

The number A113 is hidden in most Pixar films somewhere. It was placed in there as a reference to the classroom A-113 at CalArts, where Pixar sort of got started.

Also, with this name, i could often be first in alphabetical order, even before someone named AAAAAAAAA! or something, because 1 comes before A in ABC order. Weird, but true. XD

A113 - Eheheh. Well, thanks. (snigger) :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Intresting stories you guys.

Originally I was going to go with the name I always use on other boards, but I figured I needed a change.( I’ve got a whole range of new Spore-related names I’ll be using when Spore comes out this September.)
But I figured that since this is a Pixar board and Remy is my favorite Pixar character, I’d put two and two together.

As for the 14, it’s always been my favorite number.

:slight_smile:

First of all, this is a clever subject! “What’s in a username?” Nice Shakespeare reference, TSS!

My favorite character in Ratatouille is Colette.
My sister’s favorite character is Linguini.

Thus, when we created our joint account on the forums, we became Colette Linguini… Not to be confused with Colette’s full name (if she ever marries Linguini, I think she’d keep her name Tatou). :smiley:

I honestly don’t know.

Good idea for a forum thread! :wink:

But umm… I really don’t know how I came up with my username. I remember I used to always use amber_kit37 since I have a cat named amber, and my favourite number is 37… How clever -not- :unamused:

Although, I know my name came from somewhere… I know I came up with the name Jaydi before, and thought it sounded cool… So Jaiki came from that …

I’m not sure. Moral of the story, I made mine up. :laughing:

TSS-I think I like your name story the best ;D

My name? It was supposed to be the show name for the young horse my friend and I were training. It may have been her showing name, but she was killed before we even got the chance to try.

well…my name is Keli…and normally i do my name with the last letter capatalized, like my myspace name used to be keL beL loveS saM…im weird

and i just did the dot cuz of WALL-E

i also go by Kel Bel - which is Keli Bellis shortened

and Jorja White - which is a combination of two of my biggest role models: Jorja Fox and Heather White

aaand I used to be ElastigirlThePresident a loooooooooooong time ago, cuz Elastigirl is way cool and i wanna be the president…of the world =P i really wanna delcare a national bacon day if there isnt already one =P OT sorry

haha - I remember mine well…

Flashback to January 2005 - I was the fourth person to sign up at a new forum called i-kronos on its opening night; it was dedicated strictly to “The Incredibles.” I knew I wanted it to either be Mr. Incredible or Dash and while everybody told me I was Mr. Incredible, deep down I just related a little bit more to Dash so I went with it and it changed my life. =)

It’s funny - I’ve often thought about changing and going with Mr. Incredible, but I keep feeling in the long run that no, I’m still Dash deep down inside. =)

Interesting topic.

My username miafka

actually does stand for something – something I made up on the spur of the moment while registering here. What it stands for… well, if anyone’s bored you can guess. I just thought of a statement, and took the first letter of each word, and it became “miafka.” I looked at it and said, “Hm… cool name!”

It could stand for:
mister incredible always fights kitchen appliances
or
monsters inc, absolutely fine keen animation

But it doesn’t.

Two clues:
(1) It has nothing to do with specific Pixar movies or characters, but in general, can relate to what Pixar does.
(2) Considering the posts I’ve written, I’ll give away that the “m” stands for “music.”

If anyone gets it right, I’ll let them know.

Hmmm…

Is it “Music Is A Film’s Key Accessory?”