Pixar Planet

The "Introduction/I'm Back" Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the members of Pixar Planet!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: The "Introduction/I'm Back" Thread

Postby Leirin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:54 am

Yorokobi, Nightwheel, Czarine, welcome!
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby ObsessedWithPixar » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:50 pm

A thank you to all who welcomed me back and a welcome to all our new and returning friends! :D
My Fanart - My Graphics - My Non-Pixar Art
Pixar now and forever <3
ObsessedWithPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Location: I wish I knew. Russell lost my GPS in Paradise Falls

Postby Al-Bob » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:19 am

Wow never thought i would post in this thread again. However time is on my side again and I am able to continue my love of Pixar through this forum. I hope to be able to contribute to the threads and help the community that has stuck around.

So allow me to introduce myself to the newer folks. My name is Al-Bob (also known as Axle) but my real name is Alex.

I'm now...22...ouch. I've gotten past school which was fun but preventing me from stuff like this. However i now work full time and happy to return. I enjoy baseball, computers, writing fiction (in my spare time), video games, casting on twitch, and talking about pixar which i still love with a passion.
Al-Bob
Master Scarer

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 am

Welcome back Al-Bob! :) Good to see you've found yourself back here again. I recently came back too out of curiosity, it's just a shame that this place isn't thriving anymore :(

I'm one of the 3 originating Pixarteers!

2016: Celebrating 30 years of Pixar, 10 years of my Pixar fandom, Finding Dory's release, my 21st birthday, my university graduation, and Leicester City winning the Premier League
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Hey Al-Bob! Its soo great to hear from you again! It's been so long! I'm glad you're back! :mrgreen:
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby totoro » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Welcome back! :D
totoro

Postby Flik-E » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:08 am

It's been a long time, Hasn't it?

I wonder how many people here still remember me since the last time I was a regular member of this forum so long ago. Well, if you're expecting a joyous return of "Flik-E" to Pixar Planet then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed, cause I no longer go by that name. In fact, members of the DVDizzy forums will now infamously know me as 2Disney4Ever.

See, a lot has changed in my life in my long absence here, but the one major thing to know is this: I am finally fed up with computer animated movies and have pretty much turned my back on all of them. Now I only like to watch 2D movies and have been giving all my support to the art of traditional hand-drawn animation. And that's also why I've finally turned against Disney after all these years, because I despise what they're becoming now. Ever since 2005, CGI has been corrupting them as an animation studio and turning them away from their true priorities and their true art form. I hate Tangled. I hate Frozen. I hate Wreck-It Ralph. I hate Big Hero 6. And I believe that they're all corrupt movies that are destroying Disney animation, just as CG movies still continue to threaten the very art of hand-drawn animation itself.

And yes, I'm afraid I've finally stopped watching Pixar's movies also, seeing as how I did not go see Inside Out when it was in theaters and showed no interest in the movie whatsoever. If I'm completely honest, I would say that I still have a very small soft spot left for them because of the movies I grew up with like Toy Story, and don't exactly hate them or want to blame them for anything, by my passion for them and wanting to watch their movies just isn't there anymore like it once was. Because I simply don't care about watching CGI anymore, and that's all Pixar is.

If you've ever wanted to know why I'm not on this forum anymore, now you finally do. Since I have no interest in Pixar's work anymore and now have a strong resentment for computer animated movies, a forum such as this that practically centers itsef around such animation is of no use to me anymore. So sorry if some of you may have missed the old me, but the Pixar fan you once remembered here doesn't exist anymore. He's gone.
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby totoro » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Reading that really makes me sad... and puzzled why you even posted it in the first place.

With so much "Anger" and "Disgust" in there, I can't help but think of a famous and very wise quote from "Bambi": "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"

Calm down, take a deep breath and have some cookies... :)

I too wish for Disney to finally go back to traditional animation - "The Princess and the Frog" was utterly brilliant, why they haven't made another one like that is really beyond me.
But in no way would I consider 3D CGI animation as a whole a "corruption".
There are good CGI movies and bad ones, good and bad Pixar movies, good and bad traditionally animated ones, good and bad live action ones, etc.
totoro

Postby Linky439 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi everyone :)

My name's Linky439, and I'm from France. I'll be 21 this year, and like many people here I guess, I grew up with some Pixar movies (I think that A Bug's Life was the first time I ever went to the theaters)
I haven't watched them all, but anyway. If I had to pick my favorite Pixar movie, it would be Wall-E. But hey, the 3 Toy Story are right behind it and let's see how I feel about Inside Out (great movie) in a few years. Let's not forget Monsters Inc., The Incredibles... Anyway, too many good movies!

I also like video games, heavy metal music, science-fiction in general (that might explain why I really like Buzz Lightyear and its own show, even if I think it could have been way better) and I look forward to talking with all of you :)

See ya!
Linky439

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:06 am

totoro wrote:Reading that really makes me sad

Me too :( I know CGI is practically taking over the world now, but Pixar pioneered this first, so it upsets me when you said that CGI is all they are now, Flik-E. I know that's what sort of films they produce, but that statement really got me because they mean so much more than that to me. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and I'm sorry to see you now feel the way you do, you were a great member back in the day.

--------------

On a lighter note, welcome Linky439! :D It took me a while before I caught up on watching all of their films so don't worry if you haven't seen them all yet :P I personally really enjoyed Inside Out, so I hope you get to see it soon, it's very beautiful!

2016: Celebrating 30 years of Pixar, 10 years of my Pixar fandom, Finding Dory's release, my 21st birthday, my university graduation, and Leicester City winning the Premier League
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby totoro » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 am

Welcome, Linky439! :)
I can't wait to see Inside Out myself - 18 days left before it finally opens in theaters here. :)
totoro

Postby Linky439 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks to both of you :)

I in fact already seen Inside Out when it went out in theaters here, in France, but I want to wait a bit before comparing him to other Pixar movies. Maybe I'll like it more (or less ?) in a couple of years (even if I doubt I'll change my mind as much as with The Mask for instance ^^)

But I think it's a really really good movie, by far my favorite Pixar since Toy Story 3 :)
Linky439

Postby Flik-E » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:15 am

Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami wrote:I know CGI is practically taking over the world now, but Pixar pioneered this first, so it upsets me when you said that CGI is all they are now, Flik-E. I know that's what sort of films they produce, but that statement really got me because they mean so much more than that to me. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and I'm sorry to see you now feel the way you do, you were a great member back in the day.

Well "back in the day" I was not seeing clearly enough what all this CGI was really doing to the animation industry and how much we've been losing the precious art of hand-drawn because of it (an art form I can safely admit that I've always preferred over CGI to begin with). I was just going through the motions like every other casual, nearsighted moviegoer who doesn't have enough artistic appreciation to see the bigger picture on what we're losing and what we're losing it to. But seeing what CGI has done to the Disney studio of today: a studio I once deeply looked up to in the highest regard for their hand-drawn art, finally makes it all too clear to me. It's because of CGI that Disney animation has ceased to be "Disney animation" in my eyes, but a twisted perversion of what it's supposed to be.

The reason I've lost interest in Pixar as an animation studio is because I'm smart enough to know that they can't offer me what I'm really looking for now in animation. My loyalty is now with traditional 2D art, not CGI. CG movies are just the fad that's now gotten old.
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby K9Girl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Man, I get really busy all of the sudden, and come back to find a bunch of old members have stopped by ! It's always so great to hear from you guys. :mrgreen:

I was about to say "i'm back!", but in reality I guess I'm just here for a visit. :) Times have changed for me and I'm a lot more busy, but I still love to visit here every now and then.
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:04 am

Hey Grace! Nice to see you've stopped by again :) Some of us Pixarteers have spoken recently too, but the last few weeks have been a little quiet, probably because we've all gone back to college and stuff. I pop back here every so often now, but as of tomorrow I'm back to university for my last year before graduation, and I'm a little nervous to say the least! It's going to be one of the busiest years of my life so far! :shock:

Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Members, Inc.