Toy Story fan commentary - 10.20.2008

Some Pixar Planeteers are planning to record a fan commentary of the first Pixar film Toy Story in October. This thread is mainly for planning the chat.

Who
rachelcakes1985
qxgnxamy
The Star Swordsman
Lightning Eclipse
thedriveintheatre
Pixar.rocks
lizardgirl

It’s on the 28th now?

Just a guess until a date’s decided. :wink:

Oh, ok. The 28th would probably be too far away, since it might go into November, which is when the Ratatouille one is going on… We have to get the free dates from the other thread and propose several dates, I guess.

I will do it if I am able to buy myself a mic before then, and if this is not restricted to any particular members or anything of such. :slight_smile:

We can always delay the Ratatouille commentary. I’d just like to wait until Mitch and i are ready. :slight_smile:

Sorry. B-on-T: How’s the 20th?

I think we already have the maximum number of participants for the Toy Story commentary… If anyone isn’t able to make it, maybe you could replace them, WBoon?

A113, could you let us know in the other YFTR commentary thread what your status is? Thanks. Mitch said that November will be fine for her, but we’ll see what happens from there.

rachelcakes1985: Ah, never mind then, no need to trouble yourself. :\ I’ll just put my name in advance for any future commentaries, then.

On October, the first and second weekends are horrible for me. However, mondays don’t look good for me either.

As far as I’m aware, I can do both the 28th (all day) and the 20th (morning or evening).

I’m fine with 20 th and the 28th ! Count me in. =)

Wait, so, are we doing the practice commentary on the 20th, and the Toy Story commentary on the 28th? Or are those just the suggested dates so far? Either way, I think I’m free on those days…my grandmother will be here one of those days, but it shouldn’t effect me being there.

Just figured out the 20th will depend on the time, 'cause it’s not on a weekend so i have school and so on…

Yeah, I think a weekend would be a good idea.

We do fan commentaries here? I want in on this! I love Toy Story! ^^

Pixar.rocks - Can you tell us when you leave for school and when you get back from school? I’m afraid that you may not be free at the same time Rachel is free on weekdays.

Netbug009 - I’m not sure if there’s going to be room in the Toy Story commentary, but we may be able to squeeze you in. Keep in mind that you have to do a practice commentary before you can do a feature commentary. Would you like to listen to our previous practice commentaries? There’s one here and another one here.

Guys, I already said I wouldn’t be able to make it on the last weekend of October… but any time during the weekdays of October will be ok for me, except for probably the 26th and 27th, and any other weekend will be fine for me except the last weekend of October. I’m having people stay at my house, and I’ll still be able to use the computer for a little bit at a time, but I’d be too embarrassed to do a commentary in front of the visitors, not to mention the noise they’d probably make… Here’s a link to everyone’s free times during the month.

About Netbug joining in on the commentary… well, if you guys think it’s ok to squeeze in one more member, then my opinion is irrelevant, but no more members after her, ok? Heheh. (Not saying I don’t want her to be a part of it, I actually really do.)

(Peter you’re just a big softie, aren’t you? ;-p)

It’s just that if we’re going to do a commentary in October, it looks like at least one person is going to miss it due to scheduling reasons. So we can probably swap someone in. Plus, saying no is a skill, and I haven’t learned how to do it at all. 8D

Peter- I know exactly how you feel. xD I’m like Wilt from Foster’s. Just can’t figure out how to say ‘no’!

Netbug009- Like Peter said, you have to participate in at least one practice commentary beforehand. (We’re currently planning on doing one more before the Toy Story commentary) You’ll also have to download Skype, if you don’t have it already, and tell us which dates you’re avialable on. It’ll be awesome if you can make it, though!

Well, I’ll keep checking back on this thread, in case of any scheduling changes. I really don’t know what’s going on right now, if I’m going to be honest, but I’ll try to show up to both commentaries, either way. xD;

Sorry to say this, but I don’t think I’ll turn up for the 20th as it’s my last teaching week of school and all of my projects in my course are due on that week (I have a 30-second animated short film, a TV commercial, and a critical essay to submit), so I’d rather spend time working on those and give other people like Wboon and Netbug a chance to do a practice.
But the 28th (provided I have no tests on that day, as exams are held the week after the final teaching week, and I take French) should be fine for me. It would be great if you guys could do the Toy Story commentary on that date. Gosh, it’s been ages since I’ve watched it! First time when it was out in cinemas, and snippets of it on Free-To-Air in Singapore last year, so I may have trouble remembering some scenes. I’ll try to rent a copy closer to the date.
Oh, and thanks for posting my thread on everyone’s schedule, rachelcakes. I’ll let you guys know whether I can make the 28th ASAP once I get my exam schedule.

thedriveintheatre - You may yet be able to participate in both the practice and the Toy Story commentary, since we haven’t finalized the dates yet.