Favorite Films of 2012

This might be a little early since it’s not December yet, but I’d like to see what you guys have to say. Personally, I really enjoyed all the movies I saw this year. If I had to rank them, it’d be something like this:

1. Wreck-It Ralph
  2. ParaNorman
  3. Brave
  4. The Avengers
  5. The Secret World of Arrietty
  6. The Hunger Games
  7. Frankenweenie
  8. The Amazing Spider-Man
  9. The Dark Knight Rises
  10. The Adventures of Tintin

My favorites were Frankenweenie and Brave.

My top 5 so far this year:

1. ParaNorman
  2. Moonrise Kingdom
  3. Looper
  4. The Avengers
  5. Brave

I’m still waiting to see a few movies that I’ve been anticipating (Cloud Atlas, Flight, Guardians) before I do a full top 10.

Nice. I really wanted to see Moonrise Kingdom. I might get around to that soon…
Hope you get to see the rest of those btw!

You liked Amazing Spider-Man more than TDKR, Hi-five.

I found it more entertaining. I love them both though, to be honest.

This will totally change once I see Les Miserables! But here it is so far.

1. Lincoln
  2. The Avengers
  3. Wreck-it Ralph
  4. The Dark Knight Rises
  5. Brave

There was a lot more movies I saw, but I don’t want to list them all. There’s also a lot more that I need to see.

I’m glad you liked Wreck-It Ralph!

I also just saw The Hobbit, and it could probably squeeze in somewhere in my top 10.

^I still need to see The Hobbit. And Skyfall. And Beasts of the Southern Wild. And Moonrise Kingdom. So many!

I still need to see Skyfall and Les Mis, but my favorite film of 2012 would probably have to be Frankenweenie or The Amazing Spider Man, with Wreck-It Ralph and Brave at a close second.

^I hope that you see Les Miserables soon! I too need to see Skyfall as well.

I’m seeing The Hobbit tomorrow, so I wonder where that will fit!

Very interesting to read your lists.

~ Top film for each member ~

Leirin - Wreck-It-Ralph
Amy43 - Frankenweenie and Brave
Bryko - ParaNorman
pixarmilan - ?
EJE - Lincoln
Flame of Awesomeness - Frankenweenie or The Amazing Spider Man

I’m be writing my list and posting it on Tumblr and here soon, so stay tuned! :wink:

Skyfall, go watch Skyfall! :smiley: The Hobbit’s not too bad, either, but don’t drink beforehand or you’re gonna suffer/miss some parts! And I watched Les Mis yesterday, I might write a review time permitting.

I really want to see Les Miserables and Skyfall too! The Hobbit looks ok, but I think I’ll give it a miss because I’m not really into Lotr and it’s related movies/books.

Yay! I like how diverse our lists ended up being. And that Frankenweenie is getting love.

^^ Frankenweenie is awesome! I went in expecting a lot, since one of my favorite films of all time, The Nightmare Before Christmas, was also a Tim Burton stop motion. I wasn’t disappointed. It was unique, fun and the black and white was something I really liked. I’m so glad to see it getting it’s own little share of the Fan Love Pie!

Still need to! I saw the Hobbit today, I liked it but it isn’t in my top 5.

Oh do see Les Mis! I’m not the biggest LOTR fan, but I liked the Hobbit a lot!

So here’s my updated list!

1. Lincoln
  2. The Avengers
  3. Les Miserables
  4. Wreck it Ralph
  5. The Dark Knight Rises

Other movies I enjoyed a lot, but didn’t make the cut, were The Hobbit, The Lorax and Brave.

I saw Les Miserables. It. Was. Awesome.
Sure, it had it’s faults. Some of these faults were pretty big in my opinion. But when the movie was good, it was perfection. Anne Hathaway was astounding. She was really incredible. I’m not going into detail now, but if you haven’t seen it, go. Get up, run to your cinema and see it. Out of money? Steal from an old lady; I don’t care! Just. See. It.
I don’t know what this does to my list, but I think it probably knocks Wreck-It Ralph down to third place and ties with Brave at second.

I saw 4 movies that came out in 2012.

1. Wreck-It Ralph
  2. Brave
  3. Avengers
  4. The Lorax

Flame of Awesomeness: I’m so glad you watched Les Mis, Hathaway’s solo was worth the price of admission alone! If you got some spare dough and you’re a Bond fan, go see Skyfall on a matinee (I didn’t mind forking out for an IMAX ticket even though I saw it for free at the Singapore gala premiere, so that’s how good his 23rd adventure was for me). You can read my review on my Tumblr (minor spoilers). :wink: end plug

Leirin: I was so P-O that I missed Weenie in cinemas! It was pulled from screens barely three weeks after its debut, probably due to poor audience showing. :frowning:

If it’s any consolation, the entertainment editor at my newspaper passed me the goodie bag that was meant to be given to the film critic who reviewed it, and I got a T-shirt of Weenie, among other things! end ramble

EJE: I don’t think The Hobbit will make my top five, either. Also disappointed I missed on The Lorax in cinemas, but I was in a transitioning period from Oz to Sing for my new job, so I didn’t have the time to go see it.

K9Girl: Yay, another wrecker/wreckling! High-five… very niiice… I liiike!!! :smiley:

Glad you agree, TDIT. I would’ve really wanted to see Skyfall, but my best friend sent me a text after he saw it, thinking I had seen it already. It was spoileriffic. My eyes burned with hatred and the crushed hopes of a 14 year old film buff who really wanted to enjoy a James Bond film again.