Pixar Planet

Movies - both new and old

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Re: Movies - both new and old

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:08 am

Leirin wrote:^I've really been meaning to rewatch TS3, and most other Pixar films in general lately! I saw Monsters University again a few days ago and I still really enjoy that. Underrated.

Yeah, I generally like MU more than most other people do.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Leirin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Yeah, same here. Not only does it have so many quotable moments, the core theme/message is actually pretty surprising and something I really connected to. Plus it ties itself so neatly into its successor in a way that few other prequels have done!
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby annarborjack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:47 pm

I LOVED Monsters University, it was my favorite movie of 2013! Though I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, what, 2 years ago? I need to watch it again. I also need to watch Toy Story 3 again, I haven't watched that in, I think 3 years even.
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby PixarDude » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:36 pm

annarborjack wrote:I LOVED Monsters University, it was my favorite movie of 2013! Though I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, what, 2 years ago? I need to watch it again. I also need to watch Toy Story 3 again, I haven't watched that in, I think 3 years even.

I haven't seen either of those in a while. I can't remember the last time I saw MU but I know I last saw TS3 around Christmas.

I'm going to go a little off topic here but are any of you fans of Star Wars? I am personally a huge Star Wars fan (not a big fan of the prequels, I mostly watched the original trilogy). My favorite film in the saga is easily Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, which in my opinion is one of the best movies of all time. I love that film because of it's good character development, great writing and acting, good story, good visual effects (at least in the original version and not in the special edition), for having one of the most memorable plot twists in all of cinema, it's cliffhanger ending, and it's darker tone.
"To Infinity and Beyond!"- Buzz Lightyear
"Never tell me the odds!"- Han Solo
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Bill » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:22 am

The latest trailer for The Peanuts Movie is out: http://www.traileraddict.com/peanuts/feature-trailer

I have high hopes for this; if this is successful, I would be up for sequels or a few television specials.
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Bill wrote:The latest trailer for The Peanuts Movie is out: http://www.traileraddict.com/peanuts/feature-trailer

I have high hopes for this; if this is successful, I would be up for sequels or a few television specials.

When I heard that Blue Sky was doing a CGI remake of the Peanuts, I had very low faith. But the animation, the tone, the humor all seems to be a loving tribute, and I am actually looking forward to it! I am especially impressed with how they adapted the animation to CGI.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Bill » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:48 am

ellie-jessie-eve wrote:
Bill wrote:The latest trailer for The Peanuts Movie is out: http://www.traileraddict.com/peanuts/feature-trailer

When I heard that Blue Sky was doing a CGI remake of the Peanuts, I had very low faith. But the animation, the tone, the humor all seems to be a loving tribute, and I am actually looking forward to it! I am especially impressed with how they adapted the animation to CGI.

You're not alone. Most people I talked to had that fear. I myself always knew it would work. It certainly doesn't hurt to have Schulz's son and grandson writing and producing.
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Leirin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 am

At the moment Peanuts is my most anticipated animated film. I have a lot of faith that it will be good.
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby PixarDude » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Leirin wrote:At the moment Peanuts is my most anticipated animated film. I have a lot of faith that it will be good.

Ikr? The three films I am most excited to see for the rest of this year are Star Wars VII, The Peanuts Movie, and The Good Dinosaur. My family is a big fan of the Peanuts and I cannot wait to see it. In my opinion, the 3D models of the gang look perfect and the animation looks beautiful. I really hope there are references to a lot of the older comics as well.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby Grifoshka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:05 pm

PixarDude wrote:I'm going to go a little off topic here but are any of you fans of Star Wars? I am personally a huge Star Wars fan (not a big fan of the prequels, I mostly watched the original trilogy). My favorite film in the saga is easily Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, which in my opinion is one of the best movies of all time. I love that film because of it's good character development, great writing and acting, good story, good visual effects (at least in the original version and not in the special edition), for having one of the most memorable plot twists in all of cinema, it's cliffhanger ending, and it's darker tone.

I love Star Wars! I have to admit, I only watched the films about two years ago, when my brother (a HUGE Star Wars fan) introduced me to them. Can't say they're my favorite films, but I like them a lot, my faves are Episodes V&VI. Of course, I already knew the twist from Episode V, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the film. :D My brother urges me to watch The Clone Wars too, but I don't feel like it. Maybe someday.
"Good work, men. Two blocks down and only nineteen more to go!"

Grifoshka
Garbage Boy

Postby PixarDude » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Grifoshka wrote:
PixarDude wrote: My brother urges me to watch The Clone Wars too, but I don't feel like it. Maybe someday.

I've only seen a handful of TCW episodes and I guess they were good. I'm not too into the prequels or the idea of the clones but I found the show enjoyable for what it was. I don't plan on watching anymore episodes, though.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Bill wrote: It certainly doesn't hurt to have Schulz's son and grandson writing and producing.

OOoo, I didnt know that! Charles Schulz actually lived near where I grew up and in the town where I went to Community College. I've gone to his ice rink he built plenty of times, but never the Charles Schultz museum which is on the same property. This movie certainly repeaked my interest in his works and I hope to go to the museum sometime this summer.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Grifoshka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:29 pm

PixarDude wrote:I've only seen a handful of TCW episodes and I guess they were good. I'm not too into the prequels or the idea of the clones but I found the show enjoyable for what it was. I don't plan on watching anymore episodes, though.

I'm not a big fan of the prequels, but I liked Episode III. I got a little bored watching the first two, though. What I enjoyed most about them was John Williams's score.
"Good work, men. Two blocks down and only nineteen more to go!"

Grifoshka
Garbage Boy

Postby PixarDude » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:32 pm

^ Same. John William's score was amazing in the prequels, even if the films weren't so amazing. Duel of the Fates is one of the best pieces of music he's ever done IMO.
PixarDude
Garbage Boy

Postby annarborjack » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:48 am

I saw Terminator Genisys yesterday in good ol IMAX 3D. It was good but not great. It was entertaining and seeing Arnold again was awesome but the story was kinda eh. I liked Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor but Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney could've done better. I'd give it a 7/10.
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books