Pixar Planet

TV Shows You Watch

Here is the place to talk, rave, and discuss the latest non-Pixar films, television shows, music & books.

Moderator: Pixar Planet Moderators

Re: TV Shows You Watch

Postby theoutsider1983 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 am

I love Bates Motel. I'm surprised at how the writers got me to care about Norman and Norma even though there's always so much going on. It's as if their afraid of the audience getting bored. I'm sure the pace of the storytelling won't change, but I still hope that they slow down next season, and stop with some of the crazy stuff that goes on in town. I really would like them to focus more on Norman and Norma. I think that the writers have done such a good job with the characters that I want everything to turn out ok for the Bates family. :cry:
theoutsider1983
Toy Collector

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 am

So about 5 weeks ago, at the urging of some of my friends at school and Glenn, I started watching Avatar: the Last Airbender. I'm addicted. Seriously, most movies can't reach this type of serial storytelling. Now I have 3 favorite shows. But really I need help. I need a Zuko doll. I'm really considering making one. But I'll probably order one of those action figures, regardless of their silly price.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Nausicaa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Yeah, Avatar's a fantastic show. I have one of those Zuko toys, although he's lost his accessories. It bothered me that Mattel didn't want to make any toys of the girl characters. It was stupid that you could buy random Fire Nation soldiers and multiple versions of Aang wearing different clothes but couldn't get Katara, who's in almost every episode.

Are you going to watch The Legend of Korra when you're done? They've already shown the first series (which was 12 episodes long), and the second one will hopefully air later this year.
Nausicaa
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Yes, I am! I've seen Welcome to Republic City, and I'm going to see the rest as soon as they record. Aw, he lost his accessories. :( 8D I know! I want a Suki or Mai doll, and there is not one! Oh well. If I get Zuko, I'll probably be happy. I'm getting Glenn Aang for his birthday as well!
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Leirin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah, I'm really glad you're enjoying Avatar, it's a terrific series :D I'm bummed there aren't more dolls of the characters too... you could definitely make an awesome Zuko I bet. :-) Is he your favorite?
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Nausicaa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:55 am

Yeah, a Mai or Suki doll would be cool. Zuko's a good character- probably one of my favourites from the show. And The Legend of Korra's a good show- I hope you enjoy it :) I hope they start showing the next series soon...
Nausicaa
Garbage Boy

Postby theoutsider1983 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 am

I watched the entire Avatar series in about a month on Netflix earlier this year. Once I was done, I was expecting to spend lots of cash on action figures. To my disappointment, there weren't that many. I say one action figure of Ang, but it was only 3 inches. I decided to pass on it.
theoutsider1983
Toy Collector

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Really? On Ebay there are some of Sokka, Aang and Zuko who are about 6". But as far as buying them in store, I'm afraid they're entirely gone. :(

Leirin wrote:Yeah, I'm really glad you're enjoying Avatar, it's a terrific series :D I'm bummed there aren't more dolls of the characters too... you could definitely make an awesome Zuko I bet. :-) Is he your favorite?

Thanks, but I am not good at making things. 8D Yes, Zuko is my favorite! I mean I love Aang and Sokka and really every character except Azula(hatehatehatehate) and Ozai(meh, he's kind of a jerk.)

Nausicaa wrote:Yeah, a Mai or Suki doll would be cool. Zuko's a good character- probably one of my favourites from the show. And The Legend of Korra's a good show- I hope you enjoy it :) I hope they start showing the next series soon...

It's like they thought only boys would like the show. Which is ridiculous, with the amazing stories, and likable female characters! Thanks, I'm sure I'll love it.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby K9Girl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Anybody heard of Wander Over Yonder?

It's being made by Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Lauren created MLP: Friendship is Magic)

I'm huge fans of their previous work, so to say the least I'm really excited about this one.
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:11 am

Well, Nausicaa, I watched Legend of Korra all the way through last night. I really like it! Some people really hate the 20's atmosphere, but I think it's a stroke of genius. I mean, it's 70 years later. Of course they would have new technology! I really liked Bolin and Tenzin, my favorite character was probably Lin. I felt really bad for Asami, and for the same reason, I can't decide if I really like Mako or not. I think Korra was just kind of socially awkward, and I don't blame her. But I feel that Mako was just a total d-bag and betrayed Asami. I don't believe in love triangles myself. And that's really my biggest pet peeve. A whole episode about love triangles? wtf. I didn't feel like Mako really liked Asami at all; I felt like he was leading her on because her father did him a favor. Basically I really loved Mako almost like Zuko, but you must admit hurting two girls like that with no cause is really just a jerk move.

But anyway, I liked all the characters, and style. Really, my favorite single scene was when General Iroh first spoke, if you know what I mean. :wink: I squealed. 8D I like it a -bit- less than TLA because of tone and pacing, but I could have told you that before even watching that. TLA to me is the modern Batman the Animated Series because of the perfectly balanced tone: perfect small dose of romance, perfect friendships, enough jokes, but overall very serious. <3
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby Leirin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:00 am

K9Girl wrote:Anybody heard of Wander Over Yonder?

It's being made by Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Lauren created MLP: Friendship is Magic)

I'm huge fans of their previous work, so to say the least I'm really excited about this one.

Yep, I've heard of that! I'm looking forward to it since I like all of those shows. :D Isn't it being aired on the Disney Channel?
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Bean1752 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 am

Hmmm...Doctor Who, older SpongeBob episodes, The Amazing World of Gumball, Gravity Falls, America's Funniest Home Videos, America's Got Talent, the Fairly Odd Parents, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, MAD (on Cartoon Network.) I love cartoons. Mostly because I'm a kid, but, I have a feeling I will never grow out of them. :)
Bean1752
Shark Bait

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 am

Bean1752 wrote:Hmmm...Doctor Who, older SpongeBob episodes, The Amazing World of Gumball, Gravity Falls, America's Funniest Home Videos, America's Got Talent, the Fairly Odd Parents, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, MAD (on Cartoon Network.) I love cartoons. Mostly because I'm a kid, but, I have a feeling I will never grow out of them. :)

Oh yeah. Spongebob, Gravity Falls, and Doctor Who.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Amy43 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:27 am

I'm actually watching 3 shows right now.

Hogan's Heroes

The Odd Couple

The original Star Trek
ImageImage

My favorite Pixar characters are Randall, Gill, and Francesco! My avatar is Leonard from North by Northwest.
Amy43
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby lienavig » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:15 pm

I usually watch Mr.bean tv show a lot.
lienavig
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Film, Television, Music & Books