How much are you looking forward to the new Star Trek movie?

How much are you looking forward to the new Star Trek movie?

• I’m definitely going to see it!
  • I’ll probably see it.
  • Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.
  • I’ll probably skip it.
  • I’ll definitely skip it!
  • What’s "Star Trek?"
  • Uh-oh… I’ve soiled my diaper and need to go now.

0 voters

Not as heavy as the other topics here lately, but just curious if people are looking forward to the new Star Trek movie or not.

I’ve never really enjoyed Star Wars; what makes you think I’d enjoy the one that’s popular in being a geek fest? :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve seen some of the movies on TV now and then, but I’ve always felt that it’s a little dorky, so, I’d definitely skip it. :neutral_face:

They’re going to create a movie for star trek??

i though they closed down after the shows…

I laughed so hard at the last option in the poll. :laughing:

I’ll be honest, I’m only really looking forward to the movie because Michael Giacchino wrote the music, and also to see that guy from Heroes (Sylar - one of my fav characters from Heroes) and how he does as Spock. I haven’t seen any footage from the movie, or the trailer so maybe that will peak my interest, but even then I probably won’t end up seeing it at the cinema… maybe on DVD.

I haven’t been a fan of Star Trek, so that is probably why I am the only one who voted for “What’s Star Trek”.

So tempted to choose the last option. So, so tempted. :laughing:

Yeah, I’m not going to see it. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a single episode of the TV series, and therefore I don’t have any interest in watching the film.

I’d mark the last one for Randall :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not a Treky, but do enjoy the films. This new one may sorta be a godsend to some Trekies who have been waiting for something fresh and new. I’ll probably go see it, though may not have the effect that some captains and their crews have had on the rest of the world :slight_smile:

JJ Abrams (Lost, Alias) is doing the new Star Trek movie, and it’s a prequel with a whole new cast as young Kirk, young Spock, etc.

Yeah, I know a Pixar board isn’t exactly the right place to ask the question, but I figured why not. (It’d be like going on a Star Trek board and asking everyone there “hey guys, how many of you are looking forward to “Up” coming out?”)

Yes, Michael Giacchino is doing the music.

By the way, speaking of Heroes, it’s been so long since any original episodes, it finally started up again, but the ratings for it have been pretty poor.

Star Trek being dorky…
Well, who knows. There’s a totally new cast, and JJ Abrams is at the helm.

I thought they closed down after the shows…
I guess Star Trek is like James Bond (a franchise that’ll keep going forever).

I’m glad I created that last option in the poll. Seems to be mighty popular… :slight_smile:

Tell me you didn’t just compared the Trekky series to Bond… :shock: MY EYES! I can’t believe what I’m seeing…!

Kidding. :wink:

But seriously, Bond is like "Toys Story" compared to the "A Bug’s Life" Trekky. :-\

It’s a prequel? Well, maybe I will see it since there won’t be as much assumed knowledge as with the other movies. And the cast looks cool, too. Oh, yeah… JJ Abrams. That name rings a bell. Him and Greg Grunberg (from Heroes) have known each other since kindergarten so I would expect a cameo from him in Star Trek, too (Greg has been in almost every other JJ Abrams movie.) That must be why Zachary Quinto was cast as Spock (or one reason.) It’s also why Michael Giacchino is doing the music, too. Abrams/Giacchino one of the many director/composer buddies in Hollywood. :sunglasses:

For anyone that is even a slight fan of Star Trek, or even sci-fi movies/TV in general (or even if you aren’t), you have to watch a documentary from the late '90s called Trekkies. I’m not really one to talk as I consider myself a bit of a geek too, but it’s absolutely hilarious! It follows Star Trek fans at conventions and also interviews them at home just talking about Star Trek, their collections and anything to do with the show. Here’s my favourite clip (you have to watch it all the way through):

Motorised Chair Scene

[spoil]Just the guy riding down the street in that chair-thing,[/spoil] oh my God, I almost cried laughing at that when I watched the documentary on TV last year.