The Blair Witch Project

Do you like The Blair Witch Project Movies?

• YES!!!
  • Nope.

0 voters

The Blair Witch Project and the sequel are my favorite horror movies of all time. What do you guys think of them? They scare the crap out of me every time!

I don’t know, it’s probably just me, but I really don’t find them scary. Sure, maybe in the right setting in a black theater maybe a scare here or there, but they just don’t seem to be the “horror” type in my opinion. If anything, I find a couple parts kinda funny. :laughing:

Watch the sequel. That’s scarier.

Oh, yeah, the sequel’s definitely scary. :unamused: :laughing:

No offense, but IMO, I think the first one is as good as it is, no need for a sequel. I mean, when I first visited its respective website, I was so convinced by the evidence shown there that after I watched the film for the first time, I went ahead to post a thread about this legend in this message board! Of course, after I learned it was just a hoax, it was disappointing, but you must admit, the technique used in the first film was excellent, if not completely horrifying.

You just really relate with those characters, so much that in the end, you get this spine-chilling feeling and this sympathetic pity at the same time.

Of course, glad it was not real, or I would had dug deeper and found myself somewhere undesirable. :laughing:

I do believe we already have a thread on this, plus this would probably be best suited for the movies thread. :smiley:

Personally, I find the camera movements very off-putting, and because I’m distracted, I can’t get into it much and therefore I end up not finding it very scary. I haven’t seen the sequel, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t as good as its predecessor.

Actually, we do not have a thread besides this one about TBWP.

Technically, he’s right. My thread, “The Truth of Blair Witch,” is about the legend. This one is about the film.

Well, we do have a movies thread. :smiley: Sorry for being so pedantic! You should see how tidy my room is. :laughing:

What exactly is the sequel about? I can’t really see how they could have progressed from the first film into a sequel in a believable sort of way.

It’s not shot in the same way. Actually, it’s called Book of Shadows: The Blair Witch 2, and it’s about another set of filmmakers trying uncover more myths about the Blair Witch, but it’s shot in a normal way, and it’s a bit scarier, if not a heck of a lot more chilling!!!

Oh, so they don’t do the annoying handheld camera thing? Hmm, interesting. I might watch it at some point, if they show it on TV.

Basically it’s just a cheap horror film. I’d be glad if I don’t sleep through the first 20 mins.

I’ve only seen a teensy bit of it, so I can’t judge.

I’ll catch more of it if I see it on TV again.

The first one was a great one, seen it at arouind midnight with a friend and we were the only two in the theater and I was really into the whole movie. the fact that we saw it before the word got out that it was a hoax made it even more eerie. The second time I saw that movie (part 1) was even better when I was with scouting on summercamp (age group 11-15) and we watched the movie in a pitchblack forest. It didn’t get more scarier then that especially when one of the campleaders jumped out of the bushes at the end of the movie inside the house when the girl gets knocked down. Half the group fleed off in terror and the leaders had to spend a good couple of hours to get everyone back.

For the second movie I have just one word.

‘Meh’

Big YES vote here for the movies, especially the first one. Walked those woods (including under moonlight) many times years before the movie ever came out, which greatly heightened the creepiness. Too bad the abandoned Nike missile base that used to be next door to “the Blair Witch house” has since been razed. The house was creepy enough, but the base, with decaying buildings and vultures lurking on the decrepit towers, was even creepier.

I think the reason that the Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity both seem to reside the same favor of fear into their audience is their use of ‘home video cameras’. We know that classic filmography will always be 10 times their potential than ‘home video cameras’, and since most of the population has these kinds of cameras, we can relate quite well to them, so it adds some realistic texture into the story as well. We can relate, and relation=fear.

I love this movie.
I watched it when I was pretty little,around 9, and it scared the bejeezus out of me, and it still does.