Transfomers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

How excited are you for the upcoming Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen?

• Sign me up! It looks freakin’ awesome! I can’t wait to see what they have in store!
  • Meh. I’m interested, but I’ll wait for more previews before making my decision.
  • Ugh! More robots? I hate Bay and sequels! This franchise is way overhyped!

0 voters

Well, I’d post this in the New and Old Movies thread, but seeing as other users are posting threads for individual movies of particular significance, I think this one’s ‘blockbuster’ status warrants it its own thread. Plus, I want to start my very first poll and I can’t think of anything better at the moment.

So, as our American friends are now aware, the Superbowl season is in full swing and tons of annoying ads are coming out. But one of the biggest is for this year’s sequel event, Transformers 2. The TV spot aired yesterday and has hit YT, so if you haven’t seen it, it’s here: youtube.com/watch?v=mac_kon5eNA

They also released a teaser on Singapore Free-To-Air where they wished viewers “Happy Lunar New Year” before having the words transform into the title. No doubt priming their Asian market for the Transformers’ visit to China in the movie! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, as for the Superbowl ad, it seems like they pulled out all the stops for this one, and I can’t wait to see what new robots will be introduced (I’m avoiding the debates and rumour-mongering sites, because frankly, some of them are made up by Bay and Co. as distractions and also cos’ I don’t wanna spoil myself). But this 30-second preview has lifted my hopes for a potentially better sequel. There seems to be a lot of end-of-the-world films lately (like the recent The Day the Earth Stood Still, and the upcoming 2012 and Knowing), not to mention it’ll be going head-to-head with another robots pic that begins with T and ends with Salvation. But anyhow, who else is looking forward to this? :slight_smile:

Oh, and I voted the second option. I like what I’m seeing, but I need to see more before I’m impressed.

I voted for the 2nd option.
I actually enjoyed the first one and am looking forward to watch the 2nd one.

But anyway, you know, Dreamworks… :frowning:

The first one was so-so, and Bay is alright if you don’t take his films seriously at all (I mean seriously, treat them like comedies and you’ll realise just how funny they are :laughing:) so I’m not very keen on the idea of a sequel.

This movie looks awesome! i saw the preview during the Superbowl yesterday night, and im game. :slight_smile:

I’m going to watch it anyways. I have seen the preview and became really excited for it.

I want to see this movie! I really liked the first movie, so I’m hopin’ the second one is good also. Too bad that most of the sequels I see aren’t very good. :frowning:

I’ll hazard a guess that lizardgirl voted the third option, while CMB, TSS and mo voted the first. :wink:

it looks awesome, but i do want to see more previews before i run out and see it.

Don’t know why, but I was never able to get into the first one. And I really tried to like, but when I watched it a second time, I turned it off halfway through. I think it was just how long the movie was that kept me uninterested. I’m not looking forward to this one, but I’ll probably see it if friends go.

We’ll see. I am hoping that it will bring the house down.

I thought the first one was really funny, and extremly entertaining. :stuck_out_tongue: A second one will be just as great! :smiley: I have’nt watched the trailer, or anything yet, but I think that anything Transformers is sweet! {Excluding the action figures} :laughing:

The final trailer got released last Friday, and I had a watch yesterday…

:open_mouth: Needless to say, I’m, to borrow a Brit expression, gobsmacked. It’s stunning, breathtaking and all round super freakin’ awesome! It is the Best Trailer I have ever witnessed (Sorry, Pixar) this year! As to whether it could be Best Film… we’ll have to wait and see. :wink:

Here’s my little hackle (although it’s more like a gushing of praise) of the trailer. Don’t read until you’ve seen the trailer below:

Bumblebee is so adorable in the opener, he reminds me of a giant, silent Wall-E!
“$40,000 a year.” Very nice jibe at expensive college fees nowadays. :wink:
More shots of wanton destruction, blah, blah. Some exposition.
“Do not tell my mother.” Laugh out loud! :laughing:
1:29 - 1:55 is the best part of the trailer, hands down! The audio-visual synch to the beats of the beautiful Arrival to Earth is EPIC. :open_mouth:
2:00 - 2:08’s rapid strobe flashes is pretty good too.
And the final shot… poor guy. :frowning: Though we don’t know whether he gets sucked into the blades in the end. :slight_smile:

Overall, it certainly shot my anticipation levels for this movie through the roof, something the mediocre teaser didn’t quite do for me. I don’t know about you, but this has now become a must-see for me. Maybe it’ll have the same effect for you (or not), but you can judge it for yourself by the link below.

As of now, I’m watching it for the tenth time and I’m still amazed.

youtube.com/watch?v=uH3STHC63hU

I saw the trailer as well. I am incredibly excited for this movie. It is going to be so epic. The action and effects are going to blow people away. I watched it for about six times already. It is amazing. I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

On a side note, (please edit this if you mods believe it is inapporpriate) I believe Megan Fox is really, really hot.

1. Michael Bay sucks and should quit making crumby remakes and rehashed films already.
  2. The original Transformers movie was mediocre at best.
  3. Did I say Michael Bay?

So with that said, am I excited for Transformers 2? Take a wild guess.

Uhh… you are? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well, you’re entitled to your own opinion. I have to agree that Mr Bay doesn’t direct particularly thought-provoking or intellectually-stimulating movies.

But you can’t deny that next to Mr Bruckheimer, Mr Bay’s the king of action movies. Each one of his action flicks deliver that headache-inducing adrenaline rush like no other, with his distinctive ‘rotate around the protagonist’ shot, destructive car chases, and huge explosions blasting in slow-motion around our heroes.

As much as I despise his pompous and rude attitude (Yes, even I think he’s pretty much, as Nicholas Cage’s character in The Rock would call him, an ‘A’-hole :laughing:) he was born to make action movies, and as much as we hate or love him for it, will continue to do so for a long time.

I strongly disagree. Just because Michael Bay can make an explosion, doesn’t mean he’s the “King” of action movies. Quantity of explosions does not equal quality of the film. He completely lacks the ability to make a quality film. If he really loves explosions so much, he could so easily be popular with making explosive montage videos on Youtube… Because Youtube doesn’t ask much from the filmmakers when it comes to delivering something entertaining for the bored mind at 2am.
His movies are not even original. He always has to make a remake of something, and really bad at even taking the original work of someone else and trying to make it as if it’s his own.
Sometimes I don’t even understand how some people manage to get behind the camera and get so far with making it to Hollywood. Any Director who builds their films only around all flash and no substance, gain the “Lousiest Director” award in my book.

…Either I’m right or action truly is the crappiest genre on the planet.

Well… if you see it that way… :neutral_face: Fair enough, I think the action genre has some of its merits, so if I had to pick one of your statements as true, I’d choose the one where you’re right.

Of course, you’re entitled to your own opinions, so we’ll agree to disagree. I think you raised some valid points though, he’s pretty much all style and no substance… yes, I can certainly agree with you on that point! :wink:

I watched the new trailer (again) for like 5 straight times already. That is how uber excited I am for the movie. Oh, one more thing. Did I mention Megan Fox is hot? :blush:

No, I don’t quite think you have, TSS. :wink:
I tell ya, that shot of her leaning over the motorbike is pure gratuitous fanboy-service! :smiley:

i saw a preview for this when i saw Star Trek and it looks good-ish but im still wondering why they need a sequel.